Hasler & Cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRobot

New Pup
Reaction score
I know it's redundant to worry about now, but I am. I know its only been 2 games for Cook, but the guy has everything over Lichaa and he needs to be our starting #9 (or at least somewhere in the team). He's as fast as Bmoz, and extremely fast with his off the ground passing and footwork (not to mention his defence, 50 tackles against South, 47 last night.)

Thinking logically, it's obvious that Cook>Lichaa, but thinking like Hasler, Lichaa will probably retain his spot. Hasler spent good money on Lichaa and has obviously put a lot of time into him, I doubt he's going to let some guy from the NSW cup just come in and steal the spot that easily (and make him look stupid).

And by doing what I think Des will do, Souths/Tigers will pick up Cook and we'll watch the kid reach his full potential from bitter afar. Just like the Mbye situation, Cook is the way forward and if we lose him (or Mbye), it's going to be a huge loss to the club. Even if Lichaa does retain his spot, we need Cook at the club because of his versatility. He can play pretty much anywhere that's important from what I've read (1,6,7,9).

Please, Hasler. Pick the better player and secure them to the club. I can't take another Thurston situation, it's too painful watching big talent being mismanaged by the club.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cooks service from dummy half is not as good as Lichaa's at all.

He is very quick, appears to have a very solid defensive game and to be honest I'd be happy to see him on the bench in 2016 and him and Lichaa rotate. Roosters have carried Hastings. Broncos Nikorima. No reason we can't run with Cook.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting post. My opinion is Lichaa might become a great player but did we look seriously at Cook and his potential. Maybe his passing still needs some work but he appears to have a good kicking game and speed. He's also played the full 80 which is something Lichaa wasn't able to do early on.

Des is very stubborn and won't want to put Lichaa in NSW cup. I can see us re-signing Cook on the promise of FG game time only for Lichaa to start next year and Cook to rot in NSW cup waiting for another chance.

Des is a good coach but his signings have been questionable. Inu played half a good season, Sam Perrett ok but nothing special, Tony Williams, Fifita and Mata'utai's (thanks god these didn't go ahead), Borris who only came for his brother and Lichaa.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cook has been great but honestly you can't compare the two. Its like comparing Smiths conservative style to the flair and running game of Segeyaro. Both great players completely different styles.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you're worried about Des's opinion on Cook, watch our pressers from after the most recent Broncos and Titans games.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No doubt everyone is happy with cooks performances and want him to succeed but keep in mind that the dogs did offer ennis a 1 year contract. So you would think that even the dogs coaching staff knew the Lichaa was still 1 to 2 years away from reaching his potential. Also remember that the sharks were so filthy they lost him to us that they dumped him to reserve grade.

Anyway it's a good position to be in.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
9. Lichaa
14. Cook

A fresh Cook off the bench would be lethal.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please enlighten me on how Lichaa is better than Cook who singlehandedly saved out arse last night

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Cook has more speed and I think better vision and plays what's in front of him, lichaa sticks to what his told by des

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Please enlighten me on how Lichaa is better than Cook who singlehandedly saved out arse last night
Single handedly? Lol please. Klemmer and Frank say hi.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did I hear somewhere that Cook can also plays halfback? He seems a level headed type of person that can stay in control. Maybe he might be a good number seven! I am worried about the Mbye/Reynolds combination. I guess the answer will be revealed in the next few weeks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did I hear somewhere that Cook can also plays halfback? He seems a level headed type of person that can stay in control. Maybe he might be a good number seven! I am worried about the Mbye/Reynolds combination. I guess the answer will be revealed in the next few weeks.
Yes he has played half and fullback apparently. I am very interested to see how he would play in the halves tbh. I am wishfully that a Mbye/Cook combo could develop similar to a Milford/Hunt combo in time..

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Doesn't mean he single handedly won us the game lol.
He won us the game with that try. If Lichaa was there, that try would never have been scored and we would have lost 16-18. It's that simple.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He won us the game with that try. If Lichaa was there, that try would never have been scored and we would have lost 16-18. It's that simple.
That is massively flawed logic. By that logic Lafai actually won us the game as he was the one that kicked the winning 2 points. If Lafai is not there we lose, see how your logic works?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't mean he single handedly won us the game lol.
well then, he possesses an attribute that can't be invoked via others assistance .He has to perform the task of running really fast all by himself.

We only won by 2 points so if he hadn't been able to run faster than 3 opposition players , we'd
have lost by 2 points.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
well then, he possesses an attribute that can't be invoked via others assistance .He has to perform the task of running really fast all by himself.

We only won by 2 points so if he hadn't been able to run faster than 3 opposition players , we'd
have lost by 2 points.
So if ennis was still with us we would of lost by 2?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is massively flawed logic. By that logic Lafai actually won us the game as he was the one that kicked the winning 2 points. If Lafai is not there we lose, see how your logic works?
That was not as opportunistic as Cooks. Cooks try defied greater odds and was off the cuff , Used vision and skill

Status
Not open for further replies.