Has there been a worse time for our club?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m also looking forward to better days ahead in particular the 2021 season,
I don’t want to look back and dwell on the bad times in our history.
My thoughts are on seeing the management deliver quality players
You know what they say Horse actions speak louder than words.
The board deserves time to come good on their plans,judgment will be made round 1 next year.
Agreed mate, and I’ll be as critical as any once next year rolls around. 2021 is definitely the year where things need to improve significantly. I’ve got faith that they will

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The management have the support of the 1000 football club members who cast their votes earlier this year.
Endorsement for a second term.
I know the boys aren’t traveling the best but let’s see who they sign for next season.
We just need to hold judgment a bit longer.
To be 100% fair mate - there was no competing ticket at the last election, likely because it would’ve been a very tall order to win at the time. Not everyone is singing Kumbaya, but that’s always been the case. The majority certainly believed a second term was necessary and yes, 2021 is judgement day as we’ve often said. It’s not fun in the meantime but we knew it was going to be this way. We have passionate fans, myself included, but a pragmatic approach until this plays out is more helpful.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In this moment we are rock bottom in crisis, with no major sponsor, our performances on the field getting worse every week, shithouse roster, no major recruits as of yet bar 1 player, incompetent board, nothing to look forward to. Can you think of a worse time to be a supporter of this once great club, i can’t believe we are in this position, it’s blasphemy tbh.
It’s unacceptable, change must happen immediately, we are not a big club anymore because we don’t act like one. Our brand is being destroyed on the field every week, and it is unacceptable. I’m passionate about the club, and it kills me to see them in this sad state, the fans don’t deserve it. We demand immediate change, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
No. You can’t let these players slip thorough your fingers and expect to be competitive :
Finucane
Taupau
Cook
Klemmer
Jmoz
BMOZ
Tedesco
Mitch Moses

Amazing how we could fck up so hard with recruitment and retention

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The management have the support of the 1000 football club members who cast their votes earlier this year.
Endorsement for a second term.
I know the boys aren’t traveling the best but let’s see who they sign for next season.
We just need to hold judgment a bit longer.
The Board were unopposed... so happy that they were returned by those 1000 members.

We are all hopeful that they do as they promised when they overthrew the old Board...still waiting but 3 seasons ago they lowered expectations and said wait till 2021.

They are being judged on what we see now.

Dib also promised a lot as well to hold on.

No one should be taking the supporters for granted. We've been unsuccessful under their watch and until they deliver they will be judged on results.

No one should have a problem with that.

They get better players, coaching, results then they will be celebrated as saving the club.

No one should be berating supporters because they are fed up with failure.

We can wait. We'll have to wait.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed mate, and I’ll be as critical as any once next year rolls around. 2021 is definitely the year where things need to improve significantly. I’ve got faith that they will
Same,I will be extremely disappointed if they don’t deliver
The first step will be contract extensions for those deserving based on performances later in the year and that includes our coaching staff.
Let’s hope we have a good win against the sharks and see our English friend playing soon.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Board were unopposed... so happy that they were returned by those 1000 members.

We are all hopeful that they do as they promised when they overthrew the old Board...still waiting but 3 seasons ago they lowered expectations and said wait till 2021.

They are being judged on what we see now.

Dib also promised a lot as well to hold on.

No one should be taking the supporters for granted. We've been unsuccessful under their watch and until they deliver they will be judged on results.

No one should have a problem with that.

They get better players, coaching, results then they will be celebrated as saving the club.

No one should be berating supporters because they are fed up with failure.

We can wait. We'll have to wait.
I agree that the management shouldn’t take the supporters for granted or their votes
Yes we do need to wait and have some faith in our great club getting out of mess.
The bulldogs are better than this.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been supporting since 1981 as a toddler.

There's been some bad years, but no period like this.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please explain what protocols you would have put in place to stop players ignoring the rules, totally ignoring the direct instructions of the club, ignoring the face to face training that they have been given multiple times and most of all ignoring the terms of their contracts that explicitly forbid taking females (of any age) back to their rooms? All of the players are counselled multiple times, as a group and as individuals, during the off season, during the pre season and during the season itself on what is allowed and what is not. At the same time they are warned constantly as to the severe consequences of breaking the rules and the terms of their contracts. The fact is they farked up big time, all on their own and they are now suffering the consequences.

What else is the Football Manager supposed to do, stand in front of every player's door, day and night to stop them sneaking out? Perhaps lock them in their rooms so they can't get out? There is after all only one Football Manager and he can't personally supervise 30 players 24/7. Or should we have 30 personal baby sitters, one for each player that shadows them everywhere they go?

Plainly the review satisfied the NRL that only the players deserved sanctions. If you aren't happy with that outcome then I respectfully suggest that you come along to the next Football Club briefing and ask the questions yourself.

Go Dogs
You’re kidding right?
You do comprehend that Football Manager (FM)role is that of director (Head)of the Football Department. After the Chair, CEO he is the next most senior in the structure of the Football Club.
The FM is not an honorary role. Given how vocal Price was in criticising the lack of input by his predecessor (karma’s a bitch). He is ultimately responsible for the Football Department, that comprises players & coaching staff. He is the intermediary between the players/coaches & the Board & CEO.
Contrary to your hypothesis,IT IS the Football Manager’s role & responsibility to ensure he is aware of each player & staff’s whereabouts at all times & that each & every player/staff are conscious of their responsibilities particularly on away trips and when representing not just the Club but the NRL as was the case in Port.

As for the review, the result was deregistration for the players-this suited the NRL Integrity Unit & let the Club off the hook. (there is more to play out).

Now for the Club’s internal review, I believe will remain private & confidential for the eyes & ears only of the Board, the CEO....... and of course the Football Manager.
As respectfully as I or you ask,there will be no details released of the internal review.

No transparency & zero accountability....

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well SFA, considering the song you quote is by Stealers Wheel and not The Beatles I think we can leave it right there.

Thanks for playing anyway :-).

PS: there are reasons why this so called missing report is not filed yet. Perhaps you might like to consider why.
I prefer the Beatles version
Regardless of why report has not been filed, you know the details won’t be made public as there is still more to play out.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I prefer the Beatles version
Regardless of why report has not been filed, you know the details won’t be made public as there is still more to play out.
You must’ve heard something I didn’t know existed - do you have a link?

Yes, we agree on the rest - more to play out and won’t be made public - but that doesn’t mean it won’t be completed internally when the process completes.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're in the same position Newcastle were a few years ago, so this is probably the worst we have been in.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must’ve heard something I didn’t know existed - do you have a link?

Yes, we agree on the rest - more to play out and won’t be made public - but that doesn’t mean it won’t be completed internally when the process completes.
I stand corrected the lyrics are by Stealers Wheel eerily similar melody to Polythene Pam
Hats off to you Dinkum Dog.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're in the same position Newcastle were a few years ago, so this is probably the worst we have been in.
Yes and our 2021 is their 2017 BUT we have a better base to work with and more salary cap to spend in the first year. There is no reason why we can't build a top eight roster. If anyone mentions Pay, Nathan Brown assembled this Knights roster.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2008 was pretty rough. Especially when SBW left the squad midway through the season. We lost Sherwin at the start of the season. We had a lot of injuries and had to play the likes of Youngquest, Briggs and Williams. However, we recruited strongly for 2009 and there was light at the end of the tunnel. I hope the board has a plan in place for 2021.
+

That was a shit year alright. We were gettin hammered left right and centre. Nearly got that out of my head before you raised it. Dark time indeed !

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
+

That was a shit year alright. We were gettin hammered left right and centre. Nearly got that out of my head before you raised it. Dark time indeed !
At least we get it together in 09 by recruiting Morris, Ennis, hannant, stag Goodwin, Eastwood. And should have made the GF that year.

Unless we get proactive asap there doesn't look to be any sun on the horizon for quite some time to come

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s the problem. It feels like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It doesn’t make things any better when we are constantly kept in the dark. This is by far our worst period post 1980. We have never missed the top 8 four years in a row. It’s not even a top 5 it’s a freakin top 8 and this is the fourth year in a row. Worst period I have known.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s the problem. It feels like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It doesn’t make things any better when we are constantly kept in the dark. This is by far our worst period post 1980. We have never missed the top 8 four years in a row. It’s not even a top 5 it’s a freakin top 8 and this is the fourth year in a row. Worst period I have known.
... and we have Castle and Dib to blame. If we recruit well for 2021 we'll be top eight. Hang in there!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pay has to go first if we wanna sign players, how do people not understand this
How do you not understand that Nathan Brown was in charge of recruitment at Knights? They were also wooden spooners multiple years in a row. I like you Alzz, but surely that's black and white? If we're not paying overs to recruit top talent that's a recruitment team/board issue. There is literally no reason why we can't sign Cotric, Friend, Welch and Bateman to go with Thompson. If recruitment is underwhelming I'll be the first to let you know, but we have to wait a bit before the 2021 season to properly judge.