Opinion Has Ciraldo really improved any players so far?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If anything certain players have regressed i.e Burton!!!
Halves always struggle behind a underwhelming pack, Kikau, Thommo and TPJ have been missing for the majority of the year and the players who replaced them aren't experienced enough or good enough to fill the gap.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Halves always struggle behind a underwhelming pack, Kikau, Thommo and TPJ have been missing, for the majority of the year and the players who replaced them aren't experienced enough or good enough to fill the gap.
Exactly right mate …. have a look at the top 6 teams when they cop a loss … their backs and half’s didn’t all of a sudden forget how to play … 9 times out of 10 they couldn’t perform because their forwards didn’t turn up …. give the forwards a blast and and get them firing and they’ll generally get the win next game …

It’s not rocket science … if your not going forward and the other team is, guess who’s got the better chance of scoring and winning …

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1) He will not be given the acknowledgement by most but Averillo was much more consistent in attack this year in the Centres that at any time in his career. That improvement is what got Averillo a contract at the dolphins.

2) Jacob Preston went from an unknown that the Roosters were happy to let go to be in the running for Rookie of the year honours.

3) Kiraz, was a talented rookie last year that has taken to a new level this year. He is one of the most valuable wingers for yardage in the comp. Before his injury he was leading multiple different stat areas. He is still going strong now but it took him a few weeks to get back to his best.

4) Flanagan, went from the worst half in the competition to being a serviceable DH

5) Morrin has improved significantly in the few games he played last year compared to the games he has played this year.

6) Okunbor, worlds worst winger to a servicable bench middle forward.

7) Patolo, the games he has played this year were much better than his attempts last year.

There are others but the whole notion that Ciraldo has not improved any players needs to be binned. Maybe the whole team has stunk it up in specific games. But many individual players have certainly had improvements.
Well said.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Besides Preston.... have you guys seen any players that have really shined bright since Ciraldo joining?

I don’t really have a strong opinion on this but it doesn’t really seem there has been much improvement from anyone recently.

What do you guys think? Interested in hearing your opinions.

Preston was a cup player and he’s turned him into an Origin level talent, he’ll be in the emerging blues team in 24. Edwards has improved from last year….you could argue Hayze improved since his Parra Cup days but thats probably where it ends unfortunately. Preston is the silver lining of 2024

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really?
Can you name 1 coach that has a really had the same team?

All teams are forced to swap and change due to injury, suspension, rep duties, resting players or form.

Surely you can come up with a better excuse than that....

For me, the fact CC is spotted getting angry in the coaches box tells me he is under pressure, and so he bloody well should be.
Sharks have used 22 players and were a top 4 team last year. Tell me that doesn't make life easier?! Especially as a rookie coach.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly right mate …. have a look at the top 6 teams when they cop a loss … their backs and half’s didn’t all of a sudden forget how to play … 9 times out of 10 they couldn’t perform because their forwards didn’t turn up …. give the forwards a blast and and get them firing and they’ll generally get the win next game …

It’s not rocket science … if your not going forward and the other team is, guess who’s got the better chance of scoring and winning …
It is rocket science to people who have no idea

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Besides Preston.... have you guys seen any players that have really shined bright since Ciraldo joining?

I don’t really have a strong opinion on this but it doesn’t really seem there has been much improvement from anyone recently.

Where is your clown avatar?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sharks have used 22 players and were a top 4 team last year. Tell me that doesn't make life easier?! Especially as a rookie coach.
You can't put brains in pot plants and it's hard to educate idiots

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ciraldo has improved the fitness of the ball boy, the kid now runs kilometers each game running the kicking tee back out to kick off again, other than that ciraldo has done nothing

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think a few like Preston just showed natural progression they would have anyway under any coach mainly through harder professional fitness training and a bit more experience playing first grade.

Others have remained on the same level like JAC. I think Averillo is playing about the same as he did last year.

The more telling fact is decent NRL players going backwards like Mahoney, Burton, TPJ, Sutton, and possibly Kikau + Ciraldo's failure to see Perham just wasn't up to it. Most fans who've never coached could see it ages ago but not our coach. That's a f..king worry.

I read an article early this week about Webster's success at the Warriors and in it he said a lot of coaches coming from successful teams make the mistake of cutting and pasting what they did before with their new team but he didn't do that. Webster looked at the skills of the players he has now.

I believe that's exactly what Ciraldo is doing. He's cutting and pasting what the Panthers did exactly the same as Barrett tried to do also but the players he has now are considerably different in both skills and in motivation. That's like expecting Flano to play exactly the same as Cleary

Last edited:

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
No no and no. You want to bring a coach who has has had no experience as a head to a mighty club that was in poor condition and expect him to turn it around. He and Barrett are good communicators and that’s it!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perham
Before us he was barely played a game look at him now almost got 20 out of us

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we put our positive glasses on. I’d laugh if you told me our attack is stronger then our defence after what we dished up last year

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can basically thank JT for Preston he came a good player straight from Bears, Avo has improved the most out of all.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan
Shaun Wane
These 2 ninjas was the ones to bring us to d light

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan
Shaun Wane
These 2 ninjas was the ones to bring us to d light
Neither suited Gould’s future, his sustained success pathways long term development mindset … like it or not Gould’s on a different level to both those coaches ..

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has been a disappointment. Have faith but tbh it’s dwindling fast it’s very odd how Gould tune has changed on how long it’ll take which is very annoying. At this stage I doubt ciro will see out his contract