Harrison Edwards on the move?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't seen it confirmed by the club yet. So I'll wait for an official announcement. It's rare they get one player movement right, let alone getting wind of a 3 way swap.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if we’re getting anyone in return? Was never really convinced of this kids first grade potential to be honest anyway
Was one of the kennels favourite wank fest player. Seems to have been taken over by Wilson now :p lol. For a middle he never dominated hit ups, and always passed before the hit. Not a bad player (id rather him then Knight even though stats wise they are pretty similar) but if true and we are opening up a sport for someone else, good luck to the kid. Was pretty likeable, but not a day in day out nrl player.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Was one of the kennels favourite wank fest player. Seems to have been taken over by Wilson now :p lol. For a middle he never dominated hit ups, and always passed before the hit. Not a bad player (id rather him then Knight even though stats wise they are pretty similar) but if true and we are opening up a sport for someone else, good luck to the kid. Was pretty likeable, but not a day in day out nrl player.
Wilson is elite potential and I'll die on that hill.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good move by the club.

We need to make room for the young guns coming through.

I'd expect players like Hoffman, Pelham, BBO, Knight, Tevano etc to be moved on as well to make room for for more

Just watching the younger grades we have a wealth of talent coming through so want to make sure they have a path through to the higher grades without getting stuck behind players that aren't going to make an impact for us

This is a good move

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Shows great signs for us in regards to relations with managers imo.
Gus has said that we are an "opportunity club". Now that opportunity with us has ceased, we don't hinder his development or opportunity and afford a release. Good business in all areas.
Exactly right. Now we need some clubs to help us out....like Warriors did with Curran :grinning:

Gus: Ricky we want Trey and btw you were quite right to say Des is off the planet.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm ok with this, never thought we'd retain him after this year anyway and didn't really see where he'd fit in moving forward with Mann and Morrin in first grade and Damon Marshall most likely moving up to take the 13 in cup next year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Supplementary Players (AKA Development Players) can play from Round 1, no more restrictions there.

The only difference is a Supplementary player's minimum is $80K (per annum) compared to a minimum $130k (per annum) for a Top 30 player.

Only Train and Trial players are limited to Round 11.

Always a Bulldog
If you bought in someone now you could pay them $80k or it’s got to be pro rata as we are 6 months into the contract year ?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wilson is elite potential and I'll die on that hill.
I dont actually mind the kid. Great footwork, bit of speed, hard carries. He just needs a bit more to develop. And we look better with Xerri at centre and Kiraz on the Wing. Im sure he will get another chance once he recovers. Im sure our back 5 will have a few changed before the season is out, and he is the next cab off the rank.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would a Penrith born, Mid coast raised boy want to go to Qld? As far a s I am aware he is not in our top 30 but a supplementary player so his moving on would not technically free up a spot.
What
Hey mate do u wanna keep playing cause it will not be here? Might motivate a move

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good move by the club.

We need to make room for the young guns coming through.

I'd expect players like Hoffman, Pelham, BBO, Knight, Tevano etc to be moved on as well to make room for for more

Just watching the younger grades we have a wealth of talent coming through so want to make sure they have a path through to the higher grades without getting stuck behind players that aren't going to make an impact for us

This is a good move
If the club is going to move poor Pelham on, then please also move on Haze Perham at the same time!

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Development and top 30 spots are much the same this year are they not ?
There's a difference in dollars development is 80k min (could be on more) top 30 is 130k min and it's reported Cowboys offered 3 years whereas he was only with us until end of this year. Like we were able to offer Tracey 3yrs Sharks needed to offload him as he wasn't a top 17 player for them and they have Iro there as well.

No clubs exceed 6 players on development contracts the NRL signings tracker page shows this and in an interview over the off season Potter when talking about NSW Cup said there's 36 players on NRL deals. https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2023/12/07/potter-aiming-to-weave-some-magic-with-the-bulldogs/

Gus now has room to move on the Top 30 and Development lists.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has great hands. I rated him as our potential Isiah Yeo.
I had great hopes for him last year, but he's struggled a bit so far in 24. Still, it's disappointing to lose another good one!!!
Downside...
He's a bit slow laterally in D & he struggled to bounce up quickly to marker after the tackle/wrestle.

But seems like a great bloke - sad to lose him and wish him every success. Just not against us!!

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seems like a lock/middle but not a genuine prop so feels like our lock roles are covered with Curren/man/salmon/hayward etc. But odd to let go if there isn’t anything coming from elsewhere as whoever gets promoted would more than likely be low in the pecking order and what we save like 40k from releasing him

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When we signed him I had hoped he would be the workhorse that we needed but unfortunately injuries didn't allow it,
Now we have many who can do the same job but a little better, we need enforcers !
Best wishes !

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never really thought Edwards offered much in his runs and wasn't a great defender. He has good hands though. I don't think it's a great loss if he does move on but good luck to him if he does..
Has some potential, still young, can make it one day but we have so much depth in that middle coming through he wont last anywway.

Good chance somebody from cup gets upgraded to the NRL squad ( Hayes,Todd,Hopoi?)