Opinion Harrison Edwards appreciation thread

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very impressed by his efforts
Looks like he has improved from last year .

For those old enough , reminds a little of Simon gillies
Tough , no nonsense forward with a great work rate and effort

These types of players are essential in your team

It’s really exciting to see the shape of the team being assembled at the moment .

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CC seems to be improving some of our forwards fair comment? And maybe Mase should get a wrap too? Good signs.

Sonny

Waterboy
Reaction score
Harrison Edwards actually reminds me of Darren Britt. Neither are fast or explosive runners but very effective in terms of good motor, skilful at passing before and at the line and a very handy late offload.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No use trying to play prop if you fucking hate contact... need to see early who loves it and who can handle it. If they coming to first grade unsure about contact its all over.
I agree. I’m commenting on countless middles that come in with so much potential. Run hard then obviously lose confidence along the way. It happens a lot. Second year syndrome seems to effect Props coming into the top grade more than other positions. In the off-season everyone is looking forward to seeing the prop with a breakout first season kick on. So often they disappoint.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Harrison Edwards actually reminds me of Darren Britt. Neither are fast or explosive runners but very effective in terms of good motor, skilful at passing before and at the line and a very handy late offload.
as good as Britt was. Those pop the ball out the back to no one in particular used to do my head in. It was like 50/50 whether it benefited us. Bit like tpj’s offload yesterday.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are missing a genuine lock. Hopefully Harrison can fill that void in the middle ala Presto on the edge.... Would save Thouuuussands.!

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pricey... His movements are uncanny.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Solid game
Only blemish was giving away the holding down penalty in the game opening set

Had a good second stint too

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Touted as the next Yeo by a few ex-players on SEN. They reckon CC can make it happen.
God what a dream that would be. I don’t see the Cameron Murray comparison but would kill for our own Yeo.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s already better than Yeo imho

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's been solid in FG and shows positive signs but he also missed 5 tackles and has to prove it week in week out before he's even in the same sentence as Murray, Yeo, Britt etc.

Let's just hope he keeps developing into a consistent FG performer first. He definitely stepped up and contributed when he was needed and seems like a worker which is a good sign..

BELMORE

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This guy looked so average last year when he came in. He looks totally different, did he always have this in him? His body shape looks different as well, much more filled out than less than a year ago?

he seems to be able to distribute the ball really well (fast, crisp, accurate), and his got more power and speed and leg drive.

In the pre season videos It looked like Thompson was at lock and distributing the ball, that changed since he got injured and we went with battering rams.

he kind of reminds me of buzz lightyear

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Yeah. Good comparison - and Britt was a premiership winner for us too (and more premierships is what all of us fans want right?)

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are missing a genuine lock. Hopefully Harrison can fill that void in the middle ala Presto on the edge.... Would save Thouuuussands.!
With the speed of the game increasing in recent years. The role of lock has changed. Back in the 90’s the mobile ball playing lock was all the rage. It has come full circle again and is well and truly is a common must amongst the top teams in recent years.

We definitely need to look at this. I would love to see Edwards get given this position to make his own this season. He is the only real option in our current roster.

If he could fix his attitude and doesn’t want us to outlay $800k Josh Schuster could be an option for next year to bring in. Being unwanted at Manly.

ASSASSIN

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Back to reserves this week...