Hard Hitting defence - A breath of Fresh Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
So proud of the boys! Stinging hard hitting defence from start to finish against the Roosters. Not just our forwards either, our backs are hitting them hard. Hodko made a couple of huge hits on SBW.
After 5 games we have conceded fck all points! The Bulldogs mean business this season!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Somebody should have tackled the refs after the whistle, total wankers trying to level the penalty count to please Trent Robinson

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
We rushed up on most of their forwards and deliberately held off rushing SBW so he couldn't draw players in and pass. Brilliant coaching and perfect execution by the boys!

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody should have tackled the refs after the whistle, total wankers trying to level the penalty count to please Trent Robinson
Penalty count is like 9-8 how even did the ****en scumbag refs even it LOL

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eastwoods defence off the bench was fcukn crazy. Every tackle had starch in it. I think we should always start with dale and eastwood should come off the bench. First game back was awesome honestly gave me chills his tackles were copybook and with venom

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Notice how the second half had pretty much no penalties in it after the first horrible half aswell? Also we were brought back 15 meters nearly every play the ball instead of 10 and it let the Roosters get such easy ground, also hated the referees getting in the way of scrums and the ruck tonight.

We still came out on top after being on the end of such bullshit!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Eastwoods defence off the bench was fcukn crazy. Every tackle had starch in it. I think we should always start with dale and eastwood should come off the bench. First game back was awesome honestly gave me chills his tackles were copybook and with venom
Yeah he was also strong (hard to tackle) once his running and passing game come back with better fitness I can't wait!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Agree, Eastwood was in Beast Mode tonight

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I was most impressed with our scramble defence as well on our line. We held out the roosters when we were down and fatigued. That attitude has been there all year so far by the way, it is why we have the best for and against.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they werent going anywhere tonight tbh

its the heritage nrl round and a we got a heritage win

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I enjoyed this more than belting Melbourne. Rather see brutal, bone crunching defence.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a great effort from both teams tonight. A few more games like this and people will be throwing the Dogs of war tag around again. When this team decides they want to hunt in packs i'd hate to be their prey. I saw a couple of roosters cop some big hits from multiple dogs defenders. Aside from the one unfortunate misread in defense we handled everything they threw at us and stood up to a fairly strong defensive side ourselves. Special mention to the work of Perrett. Many don't rate him much but he's been sensational with his kick defense and has made some crucial tackles in recent weeks. It's good to know we have someone in the #1 that plays in defense as well as attack.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Beastwood had some cracking tackles, he wanted to hurt people.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Great defense, although I feel that we still provide the opposition with overlaps out wide too easily.

Our cover defense today was a key aspect in winning us the game.

khal0ody

Waterboy
Reaction score
Beastwood had some cracking tackles, he wanted to hurt people.
He sure did was impressive. However did any one else notice that his gained weight??? Much more than i can remember... Reminds me of George Rose, however full credit to him how he played tonight!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who cares how much weight when he can put in a performance like that. I wont be starting him but he is a must on the bench definitely!!!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Beastwood reminded us all of what he can do, and why he's a Dog of War.

I hope Kasiano returns to form. We will be the most feared pack in the game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Beastwood reminded us all if what he can do, and why he's a Dog of War.

I hope Kasiano returns to form. We will be the most feared pack in the game.
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Finucane

14. Klemmer
15. Eastwood
16. Kasiano
17. O'Hanlon/Browne/Jackson/Maitua

Dogs of War.

M