Hannant hyped up for Bulldogs return

Status
Not open for further replies.

afghan4life

Beastwood
Reaction score
Bulldogs prop Ben Hannant says he can't wait to get back into NRL action against Parramatta on Saturday after spending a month on the sidelines with a knee injury.

Hannant, who damaged his medial ligament playing in the second State of Origin clash for Queensland in Sydney, said he had to be held back from returning too soon by the Bulldogs medical staff.

"My recovery has been great," Hannant said.

"Tony (Ayoub) our physio has done a great job and I have been working with him and following his orders to make sure I am back in time for Saturday.

"I am dying to get out there, in Origin three I was doing everything I could to convince them to let me play and last Friday against Gold Coast I wanted to play but they wanted to give me one more week's rest.

"Now I am running around fine and it's just exciting to be back in the blue and white for the Bulldogs."

Hannant has seen Parramatta's in-form fullback Jarryd Hayne at close quarters during Origin games and said stopping the 21-year-old would be the key to beating the Eels.

"It is going to take 17 players to stop him, he is like Greg Inglis, he is a freak of the game and we need to be at our best to handle him," Hannant said.

The Bulldogs have been the surprise package of the season, having been transformed on and off the pitch to sit in second spot on the NRL ladder with just seven rounds of the season remaining.

Michael Ennis, who along with Hannant has been a huge success since joining from Brisbane, said the club was exactly where it wanted to be at this stage of the season, but dismissed any talk of a grand final.

"It would be nice to get the reward for what we have done this year and we are happy with where we are at the moment, but we are going to need to be good for the next six weeks as a lot can happen in that time," Ennis said.

"There are lot of good teams playing good footy, St George, Melbourne, Manly are near the eight and know all about winning a grand final so there are a lot of good teams there."

Ennis said the return of Hannant and also 19-year-old centre Jamal Idris, who made a brilliant return to action from an elbow injury last week, has come at just the right time.

"Jamal has a lot of ability, he is a natural athlete and blessed with great size and it is great to have him out there," he said.

"I thought for his first game out for a month he showed some good signs last week and it is good to have him back at such an important part of the season.

"And it is an enormous boost for us having Benny back.

"Anyone who can get a front rower of his quality is going to find it beneficial this time of year."

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...ant-hyped-up-for-bulldogs-return/default.aspx

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
man i pumped.
your good Hayne, but ur going down this week boy:grinning:

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
:love: ben hannant!
can't wait to see him play on saturday :-)
hopefully he'll have a blinder ;)

Shawty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thats what you like to hear from the players :D

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he really enjoys the game, lets hope its a happy occaision for him and he gets a try, I wanna see the big fella cross the line.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Parramatta is going to get pumped !

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see him back. It's going to be a big game against Parra but the boys sound pumped.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
he sounds happy to be playing at the dogs which is good to hear.

we have really missed hannant for the past few weeks going to be good to have him back

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
God I loved this read. Can't wait to see you on the field again Polar Bear!!!!

pattenovic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
**** yeah, FIRE UP HANNANT, ill be there with bells on, plus its mi bday

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excited at the prospect of seeing
Hannant fit and ready.
( :
He's such a good Footballer and now
confidence is up another level.

Nick_grk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yes we have full strength squad

dogz will rip eels in half

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
"There are lot of good teams playing good footy, St George, Melbourne, Manly are near the eight and know all about winning a grand final so there are a lot of good teams there."
No they don't. :p

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How good was he on nrl on fox last night??? Really professional and talked about playing as a team not a team of individuals.... I don't know about the rest of u but I'm loving having a champion team rather then the old team of champions

TJ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hes back!! watch our roll on up the middle on saturday, cant wait.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing like a few bets and beers and watching the dogs on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.