Opinion Hang in there

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly CC has instilled pride. That’s all we want as a minimum. However our defence is bad at times. To be honest when we got to 6-6 I thought here we go, we got this and then conceded those two tries back to back. That killed us

we’re just lacking thag final touch, it will come but the boys need to believe in themselves. No offense to Alamoti, his done being in the backline.

1. critchon
2. Kiraz
3. averillo
4. xerri
5. fox
Love this but Alamoti deserves a proper go, he is only young. Definitely needs to work on his defence but at the end of the day his lost fox and his inside hasn’t been consistent. He was looking a contender for rookie of the year in the first month, he deserves a bit longer. See how he goes the rest of the year and it’s potentially between him and Xerri going into the back row if we keep Averillo

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game tonight. Had visitors in town and went out for dinner. So I didn't see what cost us the win tonight. But we'll finish the year well if we can build on what we've done so far and stay fit in the tail end of the season.

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont see how people rate RFM!

Hes a side player at best always running towards the sidelines and is very error prone!

Never runs hard! Hope he improves, bit I’ve never rated him
Played really well against the saints led from
the front then backed it up against the raiders with that terrible effort. Sad to see. I’ve always thought he was a benchie at best.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh , if ado carr played it’s a way diff story . Easy tries down Casey’s side with alamoti.. and in the middle too many open areas. We will get better we are 10 x Bette then previous years. You know for a fact if it was 22-6 down previously it would have been a 40-6 scoreline, it s a great year for tweaking cause next year full strength we will be solid plus having chrichton out back or in backline and xerri I really like our chances, olaopou will have time to gel and he’s already got great defence and confident.

I am not panicked, while last night was frustrating I can see improvements I don’t see us going backwards I think we learn each game from everything I’ve seen but let’s be honest , a lot of these injuries in key positions have hurt us and the inexperienced players like alamoti will learn a lot this year. Still early ! And raiders make it 5/5

But yes the scoreline didn’t reflect that performance. Super lucky

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played really well against the saints led from
the front then backed it up against the raiders with that terrible effort. Sad to see. I’ve always thought he was a benchie at best.
Runs hard but compared to Preston not much there.. he’d almost be a better 13 playing outside . We miss kikau and having Thomson up front. Tpj played good but gets to carried away with stupid shit

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me say we let in two dumb tries and if we hadn’t we could of wom the game.

now don’t get me started on some kennel members saying we should be the same as dolphins who have a whole new squad blah blah. It’s different when their squad is experienced as fuck and 8-10/17 of our squad are either young new players in the nrl or haven’t had nrl experience.

I’m liking what I’m seeing it’s just our forward pack being left bedazzled. Karl is looking good loving his roll of the dice moments, we’re getting there and looking more of a attacking team compared to years that have gone by. Any other time we go down 22-6 we would have let the game go and had no chance of winning.
The timoko try off scrum and the Croker try were the easiest try’s we’ve had scored against us all year. Was screaming at tv but was at dinner with my partners huge family so had to act composed, this team certainly gives you grief and diamonds at once

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are fielding a team made up of at least 4-5 fringe first graders and at least half the squad have less than 50 games in first grade experience. We have not fielded our strongest forward pack since round one, and have lost our only x factors in Ado Carr and kikau to injury also. I think the boys are showing some grit out there, but with all the challenges as mentioned above, we can't compete the full 80 and leak easy points. So yes, I agree we are a working progress and definitely heading in the right direction.
Rep players in raiders just to name a few papali, wighton, tapine, rapana, bolter horsborough and more. We did ok , but could of won

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We would have played better with Edwards but he wasn't getting an exemption this week once Max King was named.. the thing that worries me is other than kikau back from injury which forwards have we got for next year who can turn us around? We desperately need to go to market

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The timoko try off scrum and the Croker try were the easiest try’s we’ve had scored against us all year. Was screaming at tv but was at dinner with my partners huge family so had to act composed, this team certainly gives you grief and diamonds at once
Agreed my bro it’s absolutely disgusting the way we let those Easy tries in… I guess the boys didn’t expect us to grind it out with raiders.. heaps of video to be done and heaps of players need to look at themselves in the mirror

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed my bro it’s absolutely disgusting the way we let those Easy tries in… I guess the boys didn’t expect us to grind it out with raiders.. heaps of video to be done and heaps of players need to look at themselves in the mirror

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont see how people rate RFM!

Hes a side player at best always running towards the sidelines and is very error prone!

Never runs hard! Hope he improves, bit I’ve never rated him
Same I’ve always found him lazy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Same I’ve always found him lazy.
Had a real purple patch in middle part of last season so he can do a good job when contract motivated.

But all too often its flailing around using energy pushing a few metres more whilst tied up instead of hard running BEFORE contact or running into holes.

Doesn't treasure possession and unfortunately is looking more like surplus to needs and a Loser vibe on the field. Still got 2 years on his contract hasn't he? Whats he gonna be like going forward? Big mistake Gus.

As Club Captain it's just not good enough.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perspective must be applied to our current situation. Are we really going as bad as some people think?
Last night we were missing
JAC- our best attacking weapon and pretty defensively sound.
Thompson- who makes 130 plus metres a game every week
Kikau- great defensively and gives us real strike power and prescience on the left.
Patolo- he comes straight in and gives us more go forward
Sutton-probably our best defender in the middle and constantly makes a 100 metres.

Last night we also had Max king and Kiraz both plating absolutely busted with injury . Neither probably would of played if we had more options. Pele was back for his first run in about 5 weeks and we are also carrying an extra half on the bench which means our forwards are working harder and for longer than we would like to.
We pushed a team in form and with a great forward pack all the way till the 80th minute .
We are scoring points and once we get those guys missing back on the field our defence will improve dramatically.
Yes it was a loss and we were horrible at times , but I still see that we are building and that success isn't far off.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seeing a lot of RFM critics. He can be two different players really.

His best games are when he just tucks the ball under an arm and plows into the line. He's a big unit and when he plays like he can steamroll others he's great. I enjoy seeing him play like a wrecking ball.

The second way he'll play is that he gets it into his head that he can use footwork to get around players. When he's in this mood he'll ballet dance his way towards he sideline and reduce the amount of space our backs have to work in. Seen him do this way too often for my liking. If he plays this way it allows the defence to mount pressure and often results in mistakes because when he does eventually pass it, the receiver has a set defensive line of 3-4 players in their face. If they don't just smash the receiver there's been plenty of times when it results in them being carried into touch. When he plays like this it completely kills any structured play on the edges.

The coaching staff need to be drilling into his head that he has to play like a wrecking ball rather than thinking he'll dance his way through the line. He should be given instructions to not play wider than a certain point or he'll be hooked.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think if Mr Burns was fit and played last night we probably win, even though forwards were lazy pussies, i hope we keep him. He looks on the up, last year i couldn't stand him, well done coach.