Hamilton excluded from Australian results, Trulli regains third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton has been disqualified from last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix after a second stewards’ investigation on Thursday decided both he and his team had provided ‘misleading' evidence during a hearing held after the Melbourne race.

Hamilton crossed the finish line in Australia in fourth, but was subsequently promoted to third after Toyota’s Jarno Trulli was handed a 25-second time penalty for passing his McLaren under the safety car during the race’s closing laps.

Stewards, however, decided to reinvestigate the incident after fresh evidence came to light and convened a second meeting in Sepang. After the hearing, the stewards issued the following statement:

“The Stewards having considered the new elements presented to them from the 2009 Australian Formula One Grand Prix, consider that driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the Stewards at the hearing on Sunday 29th March 2009, a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

"Under Article 158 of the International Sporting Code, the driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes are excluded from the race classification for the 2009 Australian Grand Prix and the classification is amended accordingly."

In addition to Hamilton’s disqualification, Trulli’s penalty has been withdrawn and the Italian therefore regains his third place - and six world championship points.

In accepting the stewards' decision, McLaren issued the following press release, stating they have no plans to appeal:

"The FIA Stewards have reviewed their decision of Sunday 29th March 2009, and have excluded Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton from the results of the 2009 Australian Grand Prix.

"Vodafone McLaren Mercedes understands that the Stewards made their decision on the basis of reviewing radio transmissions between the driver and the Team.

"The Team mistakenly believed that the radio transmissions had been reviewed by the FIA on Sunday 29th March 2009, and consequently did not believe it was necessary to discuss them with the Stewards on that date.

"Nonetheless, the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Team now regrets that it did not do so, accepts the Stewards' decision and will not appeal."

source: Formula1.com

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
:roflol:

bahahahahahahahaha tsk tsk tsk lies typical mclaren behave of the past few years

cheating off ferrari and now deliberately misleading stewards.

they should be fined also imo. shameful act

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
heres the radio conversation proving mclaren are scum, keep in mind they went to the stewards enquiry specifically denying they let trulli through

Team: OK Lewis, you just need to make sure your delta is positive over the safety car line. After the safety car line the delta doesn't matter, but no overtaking. No overtaking.

Lewis Hamilton: The Toyota went off in a line in the second to last corner, I overtook him - is that OK?

Team: Understood, Lewis. We'll confirm and get back to you.

LH: He was off the track. He went wide.

Team: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.

LH: OK.

LH: Slowed right down in front of me.

Team: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We'll get back to you, we are talking to Charlie.

LH: I let him past already.

Team: OK, Lewis. That's fine, that's fine. Hold position, hold position

LH: (unintelligible) Charlie 'cause I already overtook him, I just let him past, so...

Team: That's fine.

Team: I understand Lewis. We are checking. Now can we go to yellow G5 please, yellow Golf 5.

LH: If I don't have to let him past then I should be able to take that position back, since he made a mistake.

Team: Yeah, we understand Lewis. Let's just do it by the book. We are asking Charlie now. You are in P4 if you hold this position. Just keep it together.

Team: OK Lewis, your KERS is full, your KERS is full. Just be aware. You can go back to black F2, black Foxtrot 2.

LH: Find out with Charlie whether I can take it back or not?

Team: We're still waiting on a response Lewis, still waiting.

Team: Lewis, work on your brakes please, work on your brakes. Front brakes are cold.

Team: Lewis, if we are able to use, deploy KERS that would be good. If you could deploy KERS, please do so now.

Team: OK, Lewis, this is the last lap of the race. At the end of the lap the safety car will come in, you just proceed over the line without overtaking, without overtaking. We are looking into the Trulli thing, but just hold position.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
heres the radio conversation proving mclaren are scum, keep in mind they went to the stewards enquiry specifically denying they let trulli through
Sounds pretty innocent, they were confused about the situation and then later found out Trulli should of been fourth

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Sounds pretty innocent, they were confused about the situation and then later found out Trulli should of been fourth
yes but when the stewards ask them if they let trulli go they lied and said no they didnt. Hence why trulli was dqed. Shameeeeeeeeeeeee

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
yes but when the stewards ask them if they let trulli go they lied and said no they didnt. Hence why trulli was dqed. Shameeeeeeeeeeeee
exactly, the point is not about what hamilton did on track, that was ok and it was an unfortunate situation because trullli did go off and hamiloton could keep that place

the problem is when they protested the result of the race, and then went into the stewards room and lied about the facts

that lie would get him up to 3rd place, but it also robber trulli of 10 places (and he knew it would happen too)

think about the low properties of lewis hamiltons heart when charlie whiting asked him directly "did you let trulli through?" and he said no

all for 1 point:o, what scum

ffs mp3 and ke get the hell in here and defend them, come on you cant stay away forever

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't stay away? I was the first to make a thread. Go check.

You say he lied, I saw he got confused as to what happened. I'm really not in the mood to argue this. But typical FIA. ALWAYS come down hard on McLaren and slap the wrist of others.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Well he said let him go and then said dont let him go but by then Trulli went past, I dont really see a lie.

Just everything happened so fast

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Can't stay away? I was the first to make a thread. Go check.

You say he lied, I saw he got confused as to what happened. I'm really not in the mood to argue this. But typical FIA. ALWAYS come down hard on McLaren and slap the wrist of others.
lmao, ok he got confused

lewis "i didnt understand the question:o"

omg, such a fanboy

did ron dennis understand when he told the FIA that only 1 person had known about the ferrari documentation?

admit that mclaren lied and tried to pull a shifty and thats it

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
lmao, ok he got confused

omg, such a fanboy

did ron dennis understand when he told the FIA that only 1 person had known about the ferrari documentation?

LOL Rod...this anger of yours. Imagine if you put all this energy into a girl!

B

Billy Ngawini

they lied to the stewards atfer the race.

it is obvious their was confusion on his (hamilton) behalf during the final laps of the race, but their lying to the stewards and not saying that they let trulli past made the stewards DQ trulli.

that is the problem here

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Well he said let him go and then said dont let him go but by then Trulli went past, I dont really see a lie.

Just everything happened so fast
he said "i already let him past"

and then he told the media after the race he let him past, it seems pretty clear lewis knew what happened

its only after the stewards enquiry that his story gets changed, which is understandable given that the enquiry came 1 hour after the race (so that everyone could get their story straight)

B

Billy Ngawini

lying mcclaren scum

this just amkes my hate for those scum run even deeper

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lmao, ok he got confused

omg, such a fanboy

Yes, I believe McLaren, the world champions, are that dumb that they'd risk 5 points in order to gain 1.

Again, going back to history. Get over your blind hatred of Hamilton and McLaren. It's bordering unhealthy TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.