Halfway point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, we are now at the halfway point of the 2012 season

At the beginning of the season, I honestly thought we will be fighting to just make the 8..but we find outselves sitting in 2 spot ( third if Brisbane wins today)

Do you think we can win the comp or are we missing something we dont have that the top teams do

What are everyone elses thoughts? And has the team exceeded your expectations or do you expect more?

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
Definitely exceeded expectations, however I think our lack of backs at the moment is a worry

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lack of quality backs will hurt. Don't know how effective our style of play will be against the better teams come finals time. We're playing without a true halfback... Our forwards however have made that position borderline redundant atm.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should have beaten newcastle and the titans 2nd game. They were the two most dissapointing games imo.
If lafai was fit an firing i truly believed we could win the comp but now that we might have a makeshift centre in halatau or a 19yr old rookie in sila i think we are 1 quality back short.
however love what des has brought to our team. Every little bit of it.
Go the doggies.

C

chipandchase

My expectations were a top 8 finish.
Can we win the comp, if every team is injury free probably not this year
But, we are only half way through , we are still learning a new structure
we desperately need some backs back from injury
If we turn a negative into a positive and halatau goes to centre then we give Finnucane or tapau more experience or we could unveil a new talent in tbe backline if des choices to blood soneone out wide

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Win the comp?

Possible but not probable!

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are going great. If the team can keep it up untill the semis then I think we're in with a great chance. Who else can prime a team for big games like sir Des...

Dog Daze

Waterboy
Reaction score
We are equal 7th in reality, that's about where I hoped we'd be.

Plenty of improvement left, plenty left to do to be serious contenders.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
We are equal 7th in reality, that's about where I hoped we'd be.

Plenty of improvement left, plenty left to do to be serious contenders.
if we're equal 7th then who is 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th retard?

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I bet on us finishing top 4 at the start of the year and expect that to still be the case. From there anything can happen. If we make and/or win the GF I wouldn't be too surprised. I'm not saying there isn't improvement needed to do that but it's certainly within this squads capabilities imo

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Run off and play in the traffic
Show some respect newbie. Sami is a decent guy (and a true Bulldogs supporter) and doesn't deserve that kind of crap from a ring in.
He is just pointing out the obvious, that you don't know what your talking about.

C

chipandchase

when we talk about chances, I'll reserve now until we play the broncos at full strength
Gee they are a good side, and young too
Pace to burn all over the park

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when we talk about chances, I'll reserve now until we play the broncos at full strength
Gee they are a good side, and young too
Pace to burn all over the park
They're an awesome team. Pete Wallace is leading them beautifully. Alex Glen is superb as well.

Im stumped how Pearce gets picked for nsw over Wallace

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
with our injuries in the outside backs and learning a new structure it would be unfair to expect the team to take out this years title, but we will entertain some crowds out there
im very impressed with what the dogs have achieved this year with their fitness, defence and self belief showing in individuals like KK and Barba

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Plenty of work still to be had but I'm happy with where we are at atm. Will give this comp a real rattle this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.