Halatau needs to be in for Payne in the GF

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paint.

lol he comes on for 8mins, while everyone else played much much more minutes. What do you expect Payne to do, relax and have a coffee with the boys??

Of course the others wanted to game to end - they were buggered. And of course Payne would have done runs ups, he was the freshest one out there and Hasler would have expected nothing less.
But the stats were posted up to show that he did nothing - how could you expect him to do any more in 8 mins?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Defense doesn't only mean the amount of tries you let in, ffs. Youre the most biased person on this forum Dognacious, even more than OneEyedEagle
Biased to what?

I think Dene is a great player. I also think jackson has been going well and not playing bad enough to be dropped. Personally i wouldnt mind who played out of the 2, im just saying i dont think Des will drop a player from a final winning side.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
jackson had been playing 80 up until last night when he only played 40. think halatau should come in for him, better defensively and more versatile.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Going off last night, really Payne should make way for Halatau, he only played the last 11 mins. If Dene took his spot last night Im sure he would of at least played double that to ease him back into first grade

G

Gibbo1977

I would think Des would resist changing the team that got us to the GF unless we had injuries. Hard to drop people from a side that has won 15 of its last 16 matches, most without halatau.

I think Dene is great but dont see him playing. I also dont get what ppl are talking about with Jacksons defense. They scored 1 try in 80 minutes. Our defense as a whole was fabulous.
Yeh spot on dog
wasnt Jackson mom a few games ago ?
Short memories on here some people

Spaz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Halatau was solid for most of the year, one of our best and most consistent up until he got injured. Id rather him in than Jackson or Payne as he has a lot more big game experience too. But as you say, Des probably wont fiddle with a winning side. Im just happy for the team as we got to the big one!

Spaza

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't Payne come on only for the last 10 minutes? Can't expect him to have much of an impact.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Payne only gets 10-15 mind and the only reason I see is just in case someone is injured ...I think Dessie is much smarter than Kevin Moore in his use of the bench

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In des we trust, In recent years i would have been losing my **** @ this sort of decision (with moore @ the helm) Thats no longer the case, Hasler took us from 9th to a grand final and all in his first season, Im sure hel make the right decision.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Just in case we get injuries during the game. Can play anywhere in the backrow, hooker, 5/8 and centre.
No mate I don't think so.

I am a big Hala fan but went out to the NSW Cup loss Dogs v Newtown today.

Hala is not right so much strapping on thighs and knees - he is not moving freely.

He is not at the fitness or standard he was at before his latest knee injury.

I very much doubt he will be in the grand final 17.

TJ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dont think Jackson got 'hooked', Kasiano was taken off earlier than usual as well and i think it was purely tactical. Souths like to get a roll on with Isaac Luke's dummy half runs and as soon as our big boys in the middle started to tire he exposed it especially in that first half an hour. I think Des rotated them quickly to make sure markers were fresh to counter that. I too think he will stick with the same side, unless there is an injury.

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dont give a f*k what happens as long as we win

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you get injured and the replacement does the job Des usually sticks with him, it's nothing against Halatau who had a chance to lift NSW Cup, it would be cruel to dump anyone on the eve of a Grand Final.

combo88

New Pup
Reaction score
dene is a must for the utility on bench or back to his #12 starting spot, he is fit enough his games in nsw cup have been is usual solid as rock defence he has, and was proven on sunday in the game, as soon as he was off 3 trys were scored rite where he would of been in defence,
you saw the weakness on saturday night, yes jackson is good and has a high work rate but he gets caught out in defence and misses some crucial tackles, i just find we will need denes maturity as a player and guidance as he has been there before as a player which seems to go un noticed, or un mentioned, he has won a gf and is one of the few in the side, he deserves his shot, he has waited long enough to get his spot back and i think he should be there and would make everyone proud and wouldnt miss a beat if given the opertunity.in my eyes he is a must to strengthen up the side especially in his defence and his ability to cover many positions, a real quiet acheiver out on field but someone you would want out there.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we just win the preliminary final by almost 30 points? And people want to change the team? FFS

Last edited by a moderator:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we just we the preliminary final by almost 30 points? And people want to change the team? FFS
We were lucky Adam Reynolds got injured and Luke had to move from dummy half. If Barba gets injured in the GF what would we do?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Difference between halatau and payne; one plays prop and one in second row. As annoying payne is to me, he done nothing wrong this season to be dropped. Must be one of the players to play such limited minutes every match.

Status
Not open for further replies.