haha footy players thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubdy

Bite Me
Reaction score
South Sydney forward David Fa'alogo punches coach Jason Taylor to ground

SOUTH Sydney last night launched an investigation into a punch-up in which one of its star players decked coach Jason Taylor.

Eyewitnesses say giant Rabbitohs forward David Fa'alogo punched Taylor to the ground in an ugly end to their season-finale celebrations at the Forresters Hotel in Surry Hills on Sunday night.

They say the Kiwi enforcer was retaliating after Taylor punched him in the stomach.

It was claimed Fa'alogo took the extreme action because he was winded by Taylor's blow and embarrassed in front of his teammates.

The Rabbitohs coach appeared heavily intoxicated after a day-long drinking session with his players, the day after their last-minute victory over the Sharks in their final game of the season.

Witnesses claim he meant no malice in his punch but Fa'alogo failed to see any humour in the blow.

Souths players picked up Taylor - who suffered a facial cut from the punch - and put him in a taxi.

It is alleged Fa'alogo said to Taylor as he was being taken to the cab, "Don't do it again."

Players were shocked by the altercation although some were again drinking yesterday afternoon.

"David admits there was an altercation with Jason but he doesn't think he has done anything wrong," Fa'alogo's manager Gavin Orr said.

"He will speak to the club tomorrow, as will I.

"I think they will look at some CCTV footage from the place where it happened. I don't know whether there was a punch thrown, but David doesn't reckon there was much in it.

"If the Rabbitohs think he has a case to answer, we will go in and talk to them."

But one source told The Daily Telegraph: "There was definitely a punch thrown by Fa'alogo. One-hundred percent"

The Daily Telegraph twice phoned Taylor yesterday but he did not return calls.

South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson said. "We will look into it over the next 24 hours.

"The first I heard about it was when you told me this afternoon so we will take it from here.

"I haven't got all the details.

"But from what I understand there wasn't a brawl or a fight in the pub.

"I will find out more in the morning. It was nothing major although everything seems major in rugby league these days.

"There was some mucking around."

Despite missing the finals, Taylor has been given unconditional support from the club's co-owner Russell Crowe and the Rabbitohs finished the season strongly with a massive upset over St George Illawarra and then beating a determined Sharks team on the bell last Saturday night.

Fa'alogo, a New Zealand representative who is leaving the Rabbitohs to link up with English Super League side Huddersfield on a four-year deal, was sent home for hitting a man at a cab rank during Souths trip to Jacksonville, Florida, two years ago

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reni Maitua

Bulldogs rugby league player Reni Maitua has been fined $2,000 for assaulting an off-duty police officer during a wild brawl at a Sydney leagues club.

Constable Tim Allen, from Rose Bay police, was beaten unconscious during a fight involving about 40 people at the Coogee-Randwick RSL club, in Sydney's east, on December 21, 2002.

Maitua, a P-plater, was charged with high level drink driving after returning a blood-alcohol reading of 0.165 when pulled over for a random breath test at Gerrale street in Cronulla at 11.55pm on Tuesday.

Repeat offender Reni Maitua will remain at the Bulldogs for now but has lost his first grade spot following another alcohol-related incident.

The talented but wayward Maitua was dropped for Canterbury's clash with the Wests Tigers on Sunday after he was spotted in a drunken state outside a Sydney nightclub at 9.30am on Sunday.

THE NRL is mired in fresh scandal after star player Reni Maitua tested positive to a banned steroid-like drug.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Todd Carney
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Julian O'Neil
5. John Hopoate
6. Robert Lui
7. Andrew Johns
8. Ryan Tandy
9. Anthony Watts
10. James Tamou
11. George Burgess
12. Nate Myles
13. Greg Bird

Fuck ! Strong squad.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anthony Cherrington gave his mrs a touch up too for memory

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
players name:
infraction:
year committed:

then i can add them as we go
i will make a super squad out of these players, feel free to use them in fantasy league if they are still playing lol

D

DoggyStylz

BJ Luleuai (spl?) spitting on his ex-girlfriend and distributing fotoz to mates of her

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 Robbie o davis - anabolic steroids 98

2 lote tuqiri - sacked by ARU for bringing a girl into the hotel room plus other shits...

3 Kevin mcguiness 01 postive stimulants

5 ET had an affair with ex team mate paul mellors wife

6 craig field - 01 postive stimulants

7 Adrian Lam - 03 sex tape

8 Rodney howe - 98 banned 22 matches stanazolol

9 craig gower - 2005 groped mitchel pearce sister and chased mitchel pearce around the bar with a bottle, exposing himself to an irish tourist, the guys has hundreds of misdemeanors...

Bench:
matt johns - no need reminding
brett seymour - sacked for repeated alcohol related incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.