Other News Source Gus spotted meeting with Knights Director of Football Peter Parr

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read an article about these 2 meeting up the other day. I don't think it's because they're mates. Remember Parr publicly told Gus to mind his own business recently when Gus criticised the Knights letting players go to Bali during their bye. Has to be something to do with the below. I'd much rather Saifiti than Frizel. We need some size.

Adam Elliott maybe being moved on a few months into a 3 year contract LOL. Where's that person on here who loves Elliott ? Hetherington hopeless also. So glad we moved those 2 stooges on.

The Canterbury Bulldogs have targeted Tyson Frizell after missing out on teammate Daniel Saifiti.

Stuck in a three-club tug-of-war with the Tigers and Knights, the Bulldogs have tried to lure away Frizell from Newcastle despite the forward insisting he wants to remain loyal to the Knights.

News Corp reported that Frizell met with Bulldogs officials last week and has also spoken to the Tigers, gathering his options. However, the Knights have tabled a multi-year contract to keep him at the club.

While the Knights are eager to keep Frizell, it seems that Jack Hethering and Adam Elliott are on the outs at the clubs and could be moved on at the end of the season to keep some money in the salary cap.

Signed from the Raiders last season, News Corp has stated that various clubs have been made aware that he is available. This comes after playing just a few months into his three-year deal.

While the Bulldogs target Frizell, they also targeted Daniel Saifiti earlier this year. Contracted until the end of 2026, the Knights have made it clear to the Bulldogs and other clubs that they won't be letting the front-rower go early, according to News Corp.

The club have also told outside-back Bradman Best that they will honour the final 12 months of his contract, despite other clubs showing interest in his services.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Frizell can only play edge and we don't need an edge imo. I don't want us scraping the bottom of the barrel with Saifiti so I'd rather wait for a marquee for 2025.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not even a top 30 prop mate
middle*

There are 51 starting middles in the NRL and 2-3 middles on the bench per team. It really isn't a crazy statement like you guys seem to make it out to be. Saifiti definitely isn't a top 20 middle and I'd argue top 30. I think people are crazy saying they'll be happy signing him and think he'll make a significant difference.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shame that Saifiti isn’t available anymore :confused:
I still reckon Saifiti is still an option, everyone has a price and knights need cap relief apparently.

Our biggest stuff up was not insisting a swap deal when we let Klemmer go to Knights whilst still under contract when they wanted him bad.
Back then I suggested that we only let Klemmer go in return for 2 young and upcoming front rowers who were no names back then..... the Saifiti brothers, but what the f@ck would I know.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frizell can only play edge and we don't need an edge imo. I don't want us scraping the bottom of the barrel with Saifiti so I'd rather wait for a marquee for 2025.
Frizell could play in the middle as a 13.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still reckon Saifiti is still an option, everyone has a price and knights need cap relief apparently.

Our biggest stuff up was not insisting a swap deal when we let Klemmer go to Knights whilst still under contract when they wanted him bad.
Back then I suggested that we only let Klemmer go in return for 2 young and upcoming front rowers who were no names back then..... the Saifiti brothers, but what the f@ck would I know.
Under the administration of the Anderson’s at the time (from memory) We negotiated like weak gutter dogs… Bullfrog would be turning in his grave knowing we gave away a marquee forward for absolutely no return, that decision has to be one of the dumbest business decisions ever made by a footy team.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Under the administration of the Anderson’s at the time (from memory) We negotiated like weak gutter dogs… Bullfrog would be turning in his grave knowing we gave away a marquee forward for absolutely no return, that decision has to be one of the dumbest business decisions ever made by a footy team.
100% they didn’t even pay any freight or a release fee. We just bent over with no lube. Fkn Anderson clowns

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is any Knight that I'd want in our team.
For the peeps out there with memory loss… take your minds back to SOO Game 1 a few weeks back!
JAC got NO BALL thanks to f’ucking Frizzell

Frizzell would be an older and more costlier version of Aaron Shoupp

No thanks from me, we don’t need Frizzell