Gus reveals stunning agreement with Cleary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Phil Gould has revealed a stunning agreement he has struck with Nathan Cleary to release the in-demand Penrith halfback whenever he informs him that he wants to play for his father and Wests Tigers coach, Ivan Cleary.

Nathan is contracted to the Panthers until the end of next season but has quickly become one of the hottest properties in the game following a breakout season for the club in 2017 followed by his debut for NSW in this year’s State of Origin series.

© Provided by Nine Digital Pty Ltd Cleary admits he wants to team up with Dad Ivan was cut by Gould at the Panthers before Nathan had made his first grade debut and said this week he would relish the opportunity to coach him at the Tigers in 2020. Nathan has also expressed his interest in being coached by his father at some stage of his career.

Gould told Nine before Friday night’s match between the Tigers and the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium that he would like to see Nathan coached by his father, and he would also back whatever decision he eventually makes about his career “1000 per cent.”

“The answer is very simple: Ivan is a father who wants to coach his son, we all understand that,” Gould said.

© Provided by Nine Digital Pty Ltd Joey speaks to Clearys following Origin I “Nathan is a son who would like to play for his father one day. We all understand that and I believe it will happen and I would like to see it happen one day.

“But the decision right at the moment is in Nathan’s hands, neither his father or I are putting any pressure on him.

“He’ll make a decision at the end of the year, and whatever that decision is I will support it 100 per cent, and Ivan will support it 100 per cent, because it’s his career and he’ll make the decision.

“I have an agreement with Nathan. If he wakes up one day and says, ‘Today I want to go and play with my Dad’, (then) let’s make it happen. I’ve got no problem with him going to play with his father whatsoever.

© Provided by Nine Digital Pty Ltd Phil Gould has revealed that he has a deal with Nathan Cleary that he will release him from his deal at Penrith to play with his father Ivan “It’s Nathan’s career, he’s got to make that decision in November, whatever he decides I’ll be 1000 per cent behind him.”

The Panthers and the Tigers aren’t the only clubs keen on Nathan, with speculation recently that the Roosters and the Broncos were keen on both father and son as a package deal.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...eement-with-cleary/ar-BBL7STR?ocid=spartandhp

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After last night, I doubt Nathan will be asking for a release to go to the Wests Tigers.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of corse the cocks are interested!!

Every great player worth a small fortune that may come available and in High demand The the bloody sombrero club are always mentioned...!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Of corse the cocks are interested!!

Every great player worth a small fortune that may come available and in High demand The the bloody sombrero club are always mentioned...!!!
So Cleary is off contract at the end of next season. Guess which other halfback is off contract next season? Cooper FUCKING Cronk - and Roosters know he will retire so they'll throw everything at Nathan. HOWEVER... there is one intangible asset the Cocks don't have. Ivan Cleary!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Luke Brooks played us like a guy that’s been told directly or indirectly that he’s surplus to requirements

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So, if an Ivan/nathan deal does happen, what does that mean for Brooks, penrith?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon either reynolds will get moved on or player swap with brooks/cleary

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really don't rate Cleary at all, am I watching different games? The entire team gets carried by Maloney and he's just along for the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.