Official Gus on Twitter

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who's been showing more promise coming through? O'Neil, Conti or Woods?
Woods was the best player in Harold Matt’s and Sg Ball. Won the medal both times. So is the best player, in his age group, in the premier competition.

O’Neill may be next in line because he is older. But I doubt that he is better than Woods at the same age.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woods was the best player in Harold Matt’s and Sg Ball. Won the medal both times. So is the best player, in his age group, in the premier competition.

O’Neill may be next in line because he is older. But I doubt that he is better than Woods at the same age.
At same time in careers imho Woods has shown more. Better long kicking game and running game more of a threat.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who is the better player at a particular age matters little in the scheme of things ....

At this point in time Woods is an excellent attacking player with genuine pace but with MILES of work to do in defense ...... To be frank he was pathetic defensively in the GF on Saturday .... absolutely clueless on how to go about making a head-on tackle .... he was targeted and had NO reply.

O'Neill was and is a far superior defender with a much more solid all-round game .... Has looked better than Sexton in reserves.

IT's a classic case of low floor, high ceiling (Woods) .... high floor, lower ceiling (O'Neill) .... that much is very obvious already.

Woods is getting all the wraps (awards) at the moment, but he wasn't the best player i saw in SG Ball this season .... He is a little overhyped in my view.

Not writing him off in any way as he is young and still eligible to play SG Ball next season .... i had hopes he would move up to Flegg this season but i fear he is not physically ready.

I had Woods rated higher than O'Neill 12 months ago but that has flipped.

Will be very interesting to watch their careers unfold.