Official Gus on Twitter

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doesn’t take much burley for the colourful circus identities to rise to the surface from their murky depths does it Baz? I wish all fishing was that easy :-).

But yes, you have asked questions in the past. One key one I remember was the decision of the appointment of a certain coach which went a little something like this:
View attachment 104265
How bad was it that Browny got in the shit for this episode? Would have been very fitting to see the same from his players when he was attempting to coach. I hope Josh Jackson was at least tempted to slap him on occasion during his reign of terror

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well something became apparent to me after watching Cc in the post match PC. It was the first time I've seen a fully human side of the coach and was bloody great to visibly see the anger on his face and his frustration in his voice. To date I've only seen him as a robot he keeps recycling the same shit with subtle differences when he's on camera.
And what you mentioned there about Phull's recruiting. It must be hard for him not only does he have the difficult job of winning games of footy but he's also gotta fall into line with whatever decisions Phull makes with roster and run with it. So not only has he got the burden of creating a winning culture within the playing group he's also got zero power in what players he'd like to recruit and coach into the future.
His job is made far more difficult than it should be thanks to his boss man.

I'd be very surprised if the coach didn't have a significant say in who is or isn't recruited. Where is this information coming from?

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if the coach didn't have a significant say in who is or isn't recruited. Where is this information coming from?
As I said when someone else queried me on this statement. I just called it an educated guess after observing Goulds personality over 30 years or so.
Its just the way he comes across in my opinion he's very dismissive of others opinions in his commentary he has to be right and the other side is always wrong his ego is the biggest in the business.
I guess it's totally plausible he and the coach had the same opinion of players they have signed but there's no way in hell that Cc would be able to recruit anyone unless Gould was 100% agreeable with it.
And it just makes sense, I also believe he hired Cc on a 5 year stint because he's only been an assistant coach and just be satisfied with players he gets given until maybe a few years down the track when he's got some combat experience under his belt.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They've battened down the hatches already. They know that our game against the Titans is our best chance at snagging a win with a tough draw ahead.

I hate to say it, but it's only round 3 and already we're talking about it being a "Must Win Game".
Looking at the draw I thought if we could be three from seven going into the bye I would be very happy. Ecstatic if we did better.

Now after watching us it looks more likely to be one win before the bye. Unfortunately this is a must win game.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They've battened down the hatches already. They know that our game against the Titans is our best chance at snagging a win with a tough draw ahead.

I hate to say it, but it's only round 3 and already we're talking about it being a "Must Win Game".
Tbf warriors in same boat

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the draw I thought if we could be three from seven going into the bye I would be very happy. Ecstatic if we did better.

Now after watching us it looks more likely to be one win before the bye. Unfortunately this is a must win game.
Titans are there for the taking, an absolute must win as u said. 1 win can bring the confidence to win 2. If we dont get off the mark against the titans then we will absolutey be 0/7 heading into the bye

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans are there for the taking, an absolute must win as u said. 1 win can bring the confidence to win 2. If we dont get off the mark against the titans then we will absolutey be 0/7 heading into the bye
I think Souths are there for the taking too. Massive internal issues about the brew there. Nothing has changed from last year.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Souths are there for the taking too. Massive internal issues about the brew there. Nothing has changed from last year.
Oh yeah South's is so bloody crook they need to cut a certain player loose he's been allowed to get way to big for his boots and I'll bet Jack Wighton is wondering what is this shit show he's landed in.

Good for the maroons though if South's are off the pace it means Codie Walker will miss out and the Cleary, Luai and Yeo show will be back for another defeat. As great as those 3 guys are at winning flags they're just woeful at that level.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah South's is so bloody crook they need to cut a certain player loose he's been allowed to get way to big for his boots and I'll bet Jack Wighton is wondering what is this shit show he's landed in.

Good for the maroons though if South's are off the pace it means Codie Walker will miss out and the Cleary, Luai and Yeo show will be back for another defeat. As great as those 3 guys are at winning flags they're just woeful at that level.

Wighton has come to be with that one player. He had the chance to be under seasoned coaches Bennett or Stuart or just a player run club. He chose the easy way out. It'll only get worse with Wighton there for Souths. Canberra look a happier team without him.

As for that player he was more concerned about scoring his 100th try than the result of the game. Souths are rotten to the core this year. We can get them as long as we don't fall into any traps or allow the game to open up.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I said it from the start… it’s criminal that gus passed up an opportunity to sign a proven coach While we were in turmoil, instead we go and sign a rookie with no experience to get us out of this mess.. amateur hour
Still feel the same a week later Alzz after Flanagan and his charges copped a 38-0 drubbing? You also said the Bulldogs screwed up not appointing Holbrook and these days he’s an assistant. Ah, hindsight :-).