Official Gus on Twitter

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the outset he said the rebuild will take time. Where exactly has the club regressed ??
2022: 12th (-192 F/A)
2023: 15th (-309 F/A)
2024: 17th currently

With incremental ‘improvements’ made to the playing roster year on year as well as key coaching appointments

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

With incremental ‘improvements’ made to the playing roster year on year as well as key coaching appointments
Stupid post lets come back to you after rnd8

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

23 will be a statistical anomaly by the end of this year. Even you,as an ardent Gus critic,must concede that our season was cruelled by injury.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Incorrect. He came out with the “more pain to come” statement only once things started going really pear shaped after the 66-0 loss to the knights which was pretty much three quarters into the season. There was no mention of this prior. It was all rainbows and lollipops in both the 2022 and 2023 pre seasons from the club and Gus. No mention of pain and further regression
Wrong. He said at the 2023 AGM and season launch for members to measure their expectations. Were you there Flipper or you were busy trying to work out how a ‘mod’ removed your Dolphin avatar at the time? :tearsofjoy:.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As @DinkumDog will attest, I have regularly questioned some of the things the club has done or is doing, but have always had a club first attitude and supported them and the coaches even if I didn’t agree with their appointment or decisions.
Doesn’t take much burley for the colourful circus identities to rise to the surface from their murky depths does it Baz? I wish all fishing was that easy :-).

But yes, you have asked questions in the past. One key one I remember was the decision of the appointment of a certain coach which went a little something like this:
IMG_8211.jpeg

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus just said something interesting on 9.

Talking about tigers. Mentioned growing young players but not exposing them to bad games (like storm, panters), that's what Aidan Sezar is for, who is at the back end of his career.

Wonder if that's what Hutch is for a Sexton?

I wouldn't want to expose younger/future spine players to Parra or Sharks knowing their forwards would absolutely monster us.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus just said something interesting on 9.

Talking about tigers. Mentioned growing young players but not exposing them to bad games (like storm, panters), that's what Aidan Sezar is for, who is at the back end of his career.

Wonder if that's what Hutch is for a Sexton?

I wouldn't want to expose younger/future spine players to Parra or Sharks knowing their forwards would absolutely monster us.

I'd be surprised if we re-signed sexton as a our first choice, I think they're waiting for our kids to come through to 1st grade

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we re-signed sexton as a our first choice, I think they're waiting for our kids to come through to 1st grade
Yeh likely. I still think he won't rush them. And all these 2 year utility signings are to take the big losses whilst we blood the juniors.

Anyone who thinks the club doesn't know we are bottom 4 material for 24, 25 are kidding themselves.

They won't buy themselves out of the bottom to create further problems. They are trying to do money ball buys and invest in juniors

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They won't buy themselves out of the bottom to create further problems. They are trying to do money ball buys and invest in juniors
100% - that’s what Barrett tried to do (buy our way out of a hole) with the likes of Flanagan, Dufty, Allan, Hetherington, TPJ etc and it failed spectacularly and probably set us back another 3 years. That’s why I don’t understand any controversy about Gus gutting the ‘21 spoon winning squad - it needed to be done. The likes of Sexton were because Gus knew Flanagan was gone. He’s a keen kid who might make a decent backup with his willingness to attack but of course his defence is a liability - the reverse applies for Hutch (can tackle but too slow in attack). I doubt either would ever be first choice and hence the breeding through the halves academy. Unfortunately it all takes time.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerome says “hi”
He’ll still be here, mark his words
Any idea how he went in reggies? I just tried to see how we went in SG Ball but apparently that game is still in progress, fuck they must be tired, it started lunchtime yesterday :tearsofjoy:
View attachment 104289
You’ve got to be kidding?!? Lol that game has been paused since yesterday. Must be one bad injury stoppage :sweatsmile:

eta: I kept refreshing the page and tried opening a new page, but it never changed from what the screenshot above shows. I thought it would be fixed by today but evi not lol. I went to bulldogs. com. Au also yest but there was no mention of the game yet.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’ll still be here, mark his words

You’ve got to be kidding?!? Lol that game has been paused since yesterday. Must be one bad injury stoppage :sweatsmile:

eta: I kept refreshing the page and tried opening a new page, but it never changed from what the screenshot above shows. I thought it would be fixed by today but evi not lol. I went to bulldogs. com. Au also yest but there was no mention of the game yet.
Same here, I'd say someone has forgotten to press enter,before taking off to the pub :tearsofjoy: