Official Gus on Twitter

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Suluka-Fifita is average.. he's never reached the potential he should have, hence why the Chooks let him go.. he was average at Souths too
Hasn't reached potential,isn't that just a way of saying he has up side ?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You'll notice most of the critics don't actually suggest better alternatives . . . I think Teddy Roosevelt summed this up well " complaining about a problem without posing a solution, is called whining"
Not exactly true… plenty of supporters on here have proposed multiple alternatives for team selection, recruitment or coaching staff. And most of the time they are howled down with stupid comments like “have you ever laced a boot” or “so you think You know more that Ciraldo, Potter, Barrett, Pay Gould” etc…

I thought this was a supporters forum? For some of us that have been around as supporters for 30 and 40 years plus it’s especially hard because we have a benchmark of excellence.

Last year Gould and Ciraldo oversaw a 30+ against points average. After the first 2 rounds it’s 25.5 already regardless of the pride we have for the effort and passion shown..

We have completely overhauled our top 30 and yes there have been some positives and there is effort but we are still leaking way too many points per game.

Penrith have been the best defence team in the league for the last 4 years and what has been the result? We could have Nathan Cleary in our side and still have a losing average..

Shouldn’t this be ok to to discuss without stupid doomsday death rider comments..?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not exactly true… plenty of supporters on here have proposed multiple alternatives for team selection, recruitment or coaching staff. And most of the time they are howled down with stupid comments like “have you ever laced a boot” or “so you think You know more that Ciraldo, Potter, Barrett, Pay Gould” etc…

I thought this was a supporters forum? For some of us that have been around as supporters for 30 and 40 years plus it’s especially hard because we have a benchmark of excellence.

Last year Gould and Ciraldo oversaw a 30+ against points average. After the first 2 rounds it’s 25.5 already regardless of the pride we have for the effort and passion shown..

We have completely overhauled our top 30 and yes there have been some positives and there is effort but we are still leaking way too many points per game.

Penrith have been the best defence team in the league for the last 4 years and what has been the result? We could have Nathan Cleary in our side and still have a losing average..

Shouldn’t this be ok to to discuss without stupid doomsday death rider comments..?
Firstly, I've been a fan since 79, so I feel the pain too. Secondly,I did say better alternatives. Third,Ciraldo oversaw the defensive system at Penrith, so clearly he knows what he is doing,the fact it is taking time,is because we didn't have players with the quality or attitude to implement that system here, hence the turnover of players.As for the death riding comments,I leave that to the experts

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly, I've been a fan since 79, so I feel the pain too. Secondly,I did say better alternatives. Third,Ciraldo oversaw the defensive system at Penrith, so clearly he knows what he is doing,the fact it is taking time,is because we didn't have players with the quality or attitude to implement that system here, hence the turnover of players.As for the death riding comments,I leave that to the experts
Compare the other Penrith assistant who went to the Warriors..? Dramatic change in their defence success in year 1.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hands up everyone who actually believes they know more than Gus or Ciro!
Hands up if you think you can better manage our cap or are a superior negotiator of player contracts!
it’s one thing to have an opinion but completely something else to portray yourself as having more expertise than the people we have in change - it’s actually quite hilarious reading some of the criticism being dished out by some of the ‘experts’ on here!.
Just jump on the bus with the rest of us and try to enjoy the riide (albeit bumpy) - sorry to say you won’t actually get to drive or navigate!
@CrittaMagic69 ??

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A few beers and some dodgey calls gets me in my emotions bro
It's hard because we were so spoilt with great teams in the 90s and 00s and even early 10s.

Not many of us are used to being cellar dwellers and its frustrating as hell being the NRL easy beats.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's been a lot of chitter chatter on here about sexual favours and @KLil was just trying to be nice and tagging you into the convo as he knows you're into that kind of stuff.

I mean, who isn't, right? You should feel honoured as he didn't tag me into shit

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's been a lot of chitter chatter on here about sexual favours and @KLil was just trying to be nice and tagging you into the convo as he knows you're into that kind of stuff.

I mean, who isn't, right? You should feel honoured as he didn't tag me into shit
You can come too.... on his face!

Im sorry, im sorry thats a fcukin low blow... blame @Tassie Devil the sex maniac.