Official Gus on Twitter

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh now it makes sense flipper is back lol, he is still blaming Gus.
But praising the coach. I think he came to life last night after being on deck for 18 months he's finally angry and I believe he will work harder then ever this week and get his players ready to serve up a great team effort next week.

I'll be wagering heavily on CC's men next week

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seem confused mathematically.

Quote: ‘Gus is only good for 2-3 years’.
Fact: He’s been here 2.5 years.

Quote: ‘Ciraldo bragged that we’d be a Top 8 side in 2-3 years when he joined’
Fact: He’s just started his second season.

If we’re still struggling by the end of 2025 you might have a beef, otherwise your point seems premature?
Not confused at all..

Gus should be shown the door end of this year hence the 3 year and get out I was talking about

2nd I never said ciraldo said that… it was gus that said that in his first few interviews when he signed on with us.
So yea not confused at all

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not confused at all..

Gus should be shown the door end of this year hence the 3 year and get out I was talking about

2nd I never said ciraldo said that… it was gus that said that in his first few interviews when he signed on with us.
So yea not confused at all
So you’re saying it was Gus ‘bragging’ not Ciro?
I don’t recall him saying that at all, would be great if you can provide some context when ranting about ‘cancers’ etc. Regardless hate to disappoint you but he’ll be around for a while yet, so get used to it…

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, He didn't refuse to sign fowards, he chose not to overpay them. Not sure if you're aware, but the Bulldogs have just removed themselves from a salary cap hole, why would someone as smart as Gus start digging another 1
Ohhhh so let’s get something straight here.., we were in a salary cap mess almost 3 years ago now, he has signed how many players last year and just sent them packing 1st year into there contract. Then he goes and signs has beens and utilities like hutch etc which we didn’t need in the first place.
If you have an issue with your cap then you strengthen your weaknesses which has be fb, halves and front row for us. Why sign critta on massive overs and play him in the centres when we have plenty of outside backs.
I don’t get what some fans are looking at sometimes. Stop believing everything Gus says… there has been plenty of props in the market the last 2 years we could have signed to compete with other forward packs. No bloody excuse! The guy is signing every fringe first grade players hoping they’ll come good and if they don’t he gives them the flick.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you’re saying it was Gus ‘bragging’ not Ciro?
I don’t recall him saying that at all, would be great if you can provide some context when ranting about ‘cancers’ etc. Regardless hate to disappoint you but he’ll be around for a while yet, so get used to it…
lol so you don’t recall him saying it’ll take 2-3 years for dogs to get out of the salary cap mess and compete for a top 8 position when he signed with us? Your either lying or have memory issues. It was only end of last year he came out saying he has no idea when we will get out of this mess and a lot of fans were questioning his previous comments. So please go bs someone else.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am as disappointed as anyone with resuts in fg and I dont understand some of the top 30 signings - didnt understand some of the signings last year either BUT the improvement in HM SGball N Flegg is significant.

Ciraldo Gould Khoury etc were all at Chester Hill this morning watching Flegg - work is being done!

With other builds n rebuilds the club was able to get at leat one alhpa forward that seem to make the difference - 60s was Kevin Ryan, 70s was Bob Macarthy, 80s they went all in on forwards (Tunks Dunn Kelly) - missing that at the moment!

A half with just average speed n acceleration would also have made a difference yesterday

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
lol so you don’t recall him saying it’ll take 2-3 years for dogs to get out of the salary cap mess and compete for a top 8 position when he signed with us? Your either lying or have memory issues. It was only end of last year he came out saying he has no idea when we will get out of this mess and a lot of fans were questioning his previous comments. So please go bs someone else.
Now now chief, no need to spill your salt :-).

I asked for actual context (quotes) and you can’t or can’t be bothered to provide it, that’s fine, but doesn’t make anyone else wrong. He’s not going anywhere.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ohhhh so let’s get something straight here.., we were in a salary cap mess almost 3 years ago now, he has signed how many players last year and just sent them packing 1st year into there contract. Then he goes and signs has beens and utilities like hutch etc which we didn’t need in the first place.
If you have an issue with your cap then you strengthen your weaknesses which has be fb, halves and front row for us. Why sign critta on massive overs and play him in the centres when we have plenty of outside backs.
I don’t get what some fans are looking at sometimes. Stop believing everything Gus says… there has been plenty of props in the market the last 2 years we could have signed to compete with other forward packs. No bloody excuse! The guy is signing every fringe first grade players hoping they’ll come good and if they don’t he gives them the flick.
If you can't see the improvement in the club and the roster, I'm not sure what you're looking at. We lacked depth and experience last year,that's why we bought versatile older players. As for the forwards,there aren't a lot available and there won't be next year either.You can make the ones you like offers,butyou can't force them to sign.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you can't see the improvement in the club and the roster, I'm not sure what you're looking at. We lacked depth and experience last year,that's why we bought versatile older players. As for the forwards,there aren't a lot available and there won't be next year either.You can make the ones you like offers,butyou can't force them to sign.
No indeed you can't force them to sign and that's something occurred to me when Gould first took sole control of recruiting. He has to find guys that are keen to buy in and willing to work for him and call him boss.
He's certainly not everyone's cup of tea which could put the coach at a further disadvantage if he can't recruit players that are more desperately needed than a swag of utilities.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hands up everyone who actually believes they know more than Gus or Ciro!
Hands up if you think you can better manage our cap or are a superior negotiator of player contracts!
it’s one thing to have an opinion but completely something else to portray yourself as having more expertise than the people we have in change - it’s actually quite hilarious reading some of the criticism being dished out by some of the ‘experts’ on here!.
Just jump on the bus with the rest of us and try to enjoy the riide (albeit bumpy) - sorry to say you won’t actually get to drive or navigate!

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you can't see the improvement in the club and the roster, I'm not sure what you're looking at. We lacked depth and experience last year,that's why we bought versatile older players. As for the forwards,there aren't a lot available and you can't force them to sign
Seems pretty obvious to me Ciraldo is building culture and defensive patterns without going into a panic about results.
Improvements are already obvious in defense and culture. So it is working. Despite results.
Tetevano, Suluka-Fifita will come into calculations next few weeks to slot into improved defensive patterns and a more positive, resilient culture, even of results are still not going our way.
Winning games is nice but sustained changes to the way we play are more important at this point in time.
When the side is playing consistently to the structures etc Ciraldo wants, he can then look at options to bring in a bit more speed or creativity.
Ciraldo did a similar thing with Flanagan last year when the draw was pretty tough until round 10.
He just stuck with Flanagan despite the obvious and waited for the draw to give him the opportunity to make changes.
Flanagan was dropped around Rd 9 I think. It was a very long wait for that to happen.
But it seemed to me that was what Ciraldo was doing from Rd1 - looking at the draw.
This year he has improved defense and culture and wants to get the bigger guys in before taking chances with team selections.
Team selections that may be hard to reverse if they backfire.
After all the hard work these guys must have put in over past 6 months, I can understand why Ciraldo thinks it would be a mistake to look like he has panicked.
Looking forward to the Knights game in Newcastle.
If Hutchison and Taaffe are not delivering by then there is a good chance there will be changes made.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No indeed you can't force them to sign and that's something occurred to me when Gould first took sole control of recruiting. He has to find guys that are keen to buy in and willing to work for him and call him boss.
He's certainly not everyone's cup of tea which could put the coach at a further disadvantage if he can't recruit players that are more desperately needed than a swag of utilities.

Lol your Gus agenda is tragic

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seems pretty obvious to me Ciraldo is building culture and defensive patterns without going into a panic about results.
Improvements are already obvious in defense and culture. So it is working. Despite results.
Tetevano, Suluka-Fifita will come into calculations next few weeks to slot into improved defensive patterns and a more positive, resilient culture, even of results are still not going our way.
Winning games is nice but sustained changes to the way we play are more important at this point in time.
When the side is playing consistently to the structures etc Ciraldo wants, he can then look at options to bring in a bit more speed or creativity.
Ciraldo did a similar thing with Flanagan last year when the draw was pretty tough until round 10.
He just stuck with Flanagan despite the obvious and waited for the draw to give him the opportunity to make changes.
Flanagan was dropped around Rd 9 I think. It was a very long wait for that to happen.
But it seemed to me that was what Ciraldo was doing from Rd1 - looking at the draw.
This year he has improved defense and culture and wants to get the bigger guys in before taking chances with team selections.
Team selections that may be hard to reverse if they backfire.
After all the hard work these guys must have put in over past 6 months, I can understand why Ciraldo thinks it would be a mistake to look like he has panicked.
Looking forward to the Knights game in Newcastle.
If Hutchison and Taaffe are not delivering by then there is a good chance there will be changes made.
Suluka-Fifita is average.. he's never reached the potential he should have, hence why the Chooks let him go.. he was average at Souths too

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hands up everyone who actually believes they know more than Gus or Ciro!
Hands up if you think you can better manage our cap or are a superior negotiator of player contracts!
it’s one thing to have an opinion but completely something else to portray yourself as having more expertise than the people we have in change - it’s actually quite hilarious reading some of the criticism being dished out by some of the ‘experts’ on here!.
Just jump on the bus with the rest of us and try to enjoy the riide (albeit bumpy) - sorry to say you won’t actually get to drive or navigate!
You'll notice most of the critics don't actually suggest better alternatives . . . I think Teddy Roosevelt summed this up well " complaining about a problem without posing a solution, is called whining"

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Suluka-Fifita is average.. he's never reached the potential he should have, hence why the Chooks let him go.. he was average at Souths too
At this point id take an average middle with size