Official Gus on Twitter

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You forgot about Gus's success at State of Origin as a coach.
Lets get fair dinkum., Gus is the best credentialed, most knowledgeable and insightful mind in the game,bar none. Yet he is constantly under fire from agenda based,click bait germalists and being malligned by so called supporters of the club on here . . . It is laughable, it is the equivalent of Homer Simpson critiquing Stephen Hawking on science matters.

Last edited:

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we would be in a way worse situation if we didnt have gus
This is the meme of a cope. How???? How is it possible to be worse. Last season, we didn't get the spoon, but we were the worst team. We are already looking at being 0 - 3, and obviously out of finals contention by round 4.

If you are talking about recruitment... what's it going to take for people to understand... it's not down to the players only. Let's be objective and knock NRL bias off of the top, every season start, our players look the worst in the league for stamina. Despite going through various coaches and fitness regimes.

Something novel must be done in that specific area...

Then for all the recruiting, we have no replenishing stock of big string forwards. We get them coming through the juniors, but they get to first grade, and have zero dynamism. We have become a dead end for so many big, promising forwards... it's quite frustrating.

I'll give gus the benefit of the doubt that he sees this... but how long does he need to fix it?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the meme of a cope. How???? How is it possible to be worse. Last season, we didn't get the spoon, but we were the worst team. We are already looking at being 0 - 3, and obviously out of finals contention by round 4.

If you are talking about recruitment... what's it going to take for people to understand... it's not down to the players only. Let's be objective and knock NRL bias off of the top, every season start, our players look the worst in the league for stamina. Despite going through various coaches and fitness regimes.

Something novel must be done in that specific area...

Then for all the recruiting, we have no replenishing stock of big string forwards. We get them coming through the juniors, but they get to first grade, and have zero dynamism. We have become a dead end for so many big, promising forwards... it's quite frustrating.

I'll give gus the benefit of the doubt that he sees this... but how long does he need to fix it?
Someone with common sense…

Gus craps on about juniors etc etc but the transition from juniors to grade has been abysmal! Even when we recruit decent players they tend to fall in form and go downhill. I’m sorry but Gus is the one who appointed Baz and ciraldo! When we could have easily appointed flano, we were all carrying on about flano junior being a issue but look how he is playing in a proper system, I’m slowly getting over the Gus is king forte…. Gus needs to be thanked for introducing development systems and moved on.
Who knows for a fact we are down in the halves department and front row department and blames the market for not signing anyone…

I can keep going but the issues begin at the top. Gus and Ciro need to go before they cause more damage than they have already!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Someone with common sense…

Gus craps on about juniors etc etc but the transition from juniors to grade has been abysmal! Even when we recruit decent players they tend to fall in form and go downhill. I’m sorry but Gus is the one who appointed Baz and ciraldo! When we could have easily appointed flano, we were all carrying on about flano junior being a issue but look how he is playing in a proper system, I’m slowly getting over the Gus is king forte…. Gus needs to be thanked for introducing development systems and moved on.
Who knows for a fact we are down in the halves department and front row department and blames the market for not signing anyone…

I can keep going but the issues begin at the top. Gus and Ciro need to go before they cause more damage than they have already!
he didn’t appoint Baz champ.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF! How can anycunt who watched that game blame Ciro and Gus. No offence bro but shut the fuck up
lol really? What improvement have you seen since trials since last season? Effort? What else? Gus refused to sign any forwards blaming the market but signs 30 year old duds who are injured. Signs utility’s to play the most important positions in the team and then signs ciraldo who plays players in positions they don’t thrive in. Give it up champ…. If you have any idea about footy you should know showing some effort in defence isn’t something you applaud like it’s not expected!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol really? What improvement have you seen since trials since last season? Effort? What else? Gus refused to sign any forwards blaming the market but signs 30 year old duds who are injured. Signs utility’s to play the most important positions in the team and then signs ciraldo who plays players in positions they don’t thrive in. Give it up champ…. If you have any idea about footy you should know showing some effort in defence isn’t something you applaud like it’s not expected!
Fck bro cmon. Ive got three holes in my wall because of the bullshit we cop. No team cops it like us.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fck bro cmon. Ive got three holes in my wall because of the bullshit we cop. No team cops it like us.
I’m not disagreeing… we always get the shit end of the stick… but what I’m saying is that it’s the same shit over and over every year no matter who we sign. Effort shouldn’t be praised… players need to be played in the right positions… we scored one try last week and one this week against a team with a man down. I’m so fucking pissed I can’t believe every year this team just can’t get it right, my kid is 12 years old and has never seen the dogs succeed since ge started watching nrl. Bloody frustrating

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing… we always get the shit end of the stick… but what I’m saying is that it’s the same shit over and over every year no matter who we sign. Effort shouldn’t be praised… players need to be played in the right positions… we scored one try last week and one this week against a team with a man down. I’m so fucking pissed I can’t believe every year this team just can’t get it right, my kid is 12 years old and has never seen the dogs succeed since ge started watching nrl. Bloody frustrating
That is so sad, my kid is 2, I'm hoping in the next few years we regain some pride in the jersey, so we can enjoy watching games.

I don't think we are far off, but three things need to change:

1. Get a real 1st grade coach, Maguire should be our target after NSW regains Origin.
2. Elevate Papalii (1), O'Neil (6) Todd (15) in 2025 to 1st grade
3. Obtain a top tier Prop / Enforcer

Halfback is obviously a big issue as well, but that isn't a quick fix. If we can address the 3 key problems we will be top 8 bound even with Hutchinson or Sexton there.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so sad, my kid is 2, I'm hoping in the next few years we regain some pride in the jersey, so we can enjoy watching games.

I don't think we are far off, but three things need to change:

1. Get a real 1st grade coach, Maguire should be our target after NSW regains Origin.
2. Elevate Papalii (1), O'Neil (6) Todd (15) in 2025 to 1st grade
3. Obtain a top tier Prop / Enforcer

Halfback is obviously a big issue as well, but that isn't a quick fix. If we can address the 3 key problems we will be top 8 bound even with Hutchinson or Sexton there.
I hope so also…. It’s embarrassing when your kids sees highlights of the true dogs of war and doesn’t believe we used to be a power house….
I agree with a lot of your points but I want change this year… a simple swap hutch for sexton and play a ball playing fb is a start. If our halves are bog average creating chances atleast have a 3rd at the back who can offer something. We are to predictable and boring

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope so also…. It’s embarrassing when your kids sees highlights of the true dogs of war and doesn’t believe we used to be a power house….
I agree with a lot of your points but I want change this year… a simple swap hutch for sexton and play a ball playing fb is a start. If our halves are bog average creating chances atleast have a 3rd at the back who can offer something. We are to predictable and boring
Im sick of telling my kids about the good ol days fkn fkn fck

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sick of telling my kids about the good ol days fkn fkn fck
Bloody shit isn’t it… it’s worse when your second tells you I wana go for another team… this team sucks!!! But hey let’s see Gus’s plan. Went from 2 years when we first signed him… last year it was, let me quote ‘I don’t know how long it’s gona take to get the dogs back to the winning circle’…. Joke

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And that's where Gus is harming us. He goes on TV and rants about the NRL, but because it's played of comedic, he no longer holds any sway with the NRL. And we need someone of his stature to be putting the heat on the NRL to acknowledge the uneven refereeing, and rulings being made.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And that's where Gus is harming us. He goes on TV and rants about the NRL, but because it's played of comedic, he no longer holds any sway with the NRL. And we need someone of his stature to be putting the heat on the NRL to acknowledge the uneven refereeing, and rulings being made.
He showed aweful leadership in the dying rounds of last season. He threw his players under the bus and in the same breath talked up how great himself and the coaches have been training the team all season but they're just no good. With some smooth talking he finds positives things for the supporters to take heart in all the while saying don't expect any improvement on the pitch anytime soon as a rebuild done properly is losing and plenty of it.
He's definitely not doing a good job in the top grade to date.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app