Official Gus on Twitter

BulldogsMate

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Patolo must have been re-signed to wash the dishes at the leagues club. Unfortunately injury prone and a waste of money!

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Patolo is still only 22.

Injury prone but many young forwards are.

Still a baby for a prop.

We have thrown away too many good young prospects.

I am on the fence about him.

Could go either way.
Think he would have to show some positive improvement on the field this season for the club to sign him up again. Unless it was to a development contract. There must be plenty of young prospects at his level.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think he would have to show some positive improvement on the field this season for the club to sign him up again. Unless it was to a development contract. There must be plenty of young prospects at his level.
ATM these is a lack of quality middles available.

He is young and has the potential.

Question is do we persevere through the injuries until he comes out the other side?

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Question is do we persevere through the injuries until he comes out the other side?
Good question

I guess first off he needs to get back on the field and show what he can do

If he has another injury prone year I dare say he won't be re-signed as we have Todd, Hipoi and Matava-Booth coming through that could easily jump ahead of him.

The good thing is that Gus is setting up our juniors so that if a player like Patolo doesn't show improvement, we have young guys ready to step up, year after year, and eventually the cream will rise to the top, but at least we will have options rather than hanging onto a player "hoping' he will come good

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Unfortunately I don't see potential in Patolo...It's been a couple of years and what I have noticed with him, is that he lacks aggression like Atoni & Ogden....Big bodies but don't instil fear in the opposition or get there teammates reved up with their hits and runs

From what i seen last year, i see lots of potential in Hughes and Edwards looks like he will be a workhorse once his fitness levels are up to standard

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Still have hope that Patolo can become an NRL player, he is no star though. If Patolo doesn't establish himself this year, the he is worth signing as a development player at his age.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't see potential in Patolo...It's been a couple of years and what I have noticed with him, is that he lacks aggression like Atoni & Ogden....Big bodies but don't instil fear in the opposition or get there teammates reved up with their hits and runs

From what i seen last year, i see lots of potential in Hughes and Edwards looks like he will be a workhorse once his fitness levels are up to standard
Patolo debuted as a front rower at the age in FG. That is almost unheard of.

Aren't many props considered good enough to debut at that age.

Clearly he showed plenty but his development has been hampered by injuries.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just noticed you're a mod now, mabrook habibeh.

PS as the leader of the Kennel Illuminati, I'll send some lizard people to talk details with you.

NKO in full effect lol
im now menteeked. Thanks habib you know i will ban ya now. Jokes much love brother

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score

We will see

Gus has only extended him for a year which should send a clear message to Patolo

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hes a plodder. Forwards debut at 20 all the time. 17-18 is what id consider almost unheard of

He also debuted in the wooden spoon yr which was also during covid and had to loan in Ryan James,horsburgh etc. We were extremely thin stocks

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hes a plodder. Forwards debut at 20 all the time. 17-18 is what id consider almost unheard of

He also debuted in the wooden spoon yr which was also during covid and had to loan in Ryan James,horsburgh etc. We were extremely thin stocks
With your strike rate and addition to being wrong EVERY time you post, that pretty much guarantees him being a State of Origin player within 3 years.

But thank you for coming out of your self-imposed isolation.

I needed the laugh.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gus has let go of so many local juniors or trying too. Kiraz and Patolo the only exceptions.