Official Gus on Twitter

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
9's is a nothing competition. Sutton looked like he could do a job for us when he was at Raider (also surrounded by Tapine, Horse and Papalii) but even then he was signed on too much money (reportedly) and he hasn't even been able to do a job (average middle level) for us. It's been a Napa level signing so far for us.
Again putting it in perspective without Marley’s spin. I never said I rate Sutton. Said he showed something. At stages of his career rfm showed something.

As it stands neither give me much hope and I’d love to see the back of. Though at some stage they both showed something and are currently contracted to us. Hopefully they can show something.

End of convo.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Again putting it in perspective without Marley’s spin. I never said I rate Sutton. Said he showed something. At stages of his career rfm showed something.

As it stands neither give me much hope and I’d love to see the back of. Though at some stage they both showed something and are currently contracted to us. Hopefully they can show something.

End of convo.
Who the soccer player ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

End of convo.
Back tracking HARD

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What possible injuries could they have that have kept them out of commission for potentially 6 months?
Deadset outrageous if they aren't available round 1?
Patolo is probably still suffering from his knee issue, won't say anything more than that for now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like you with your Luai sauce eh?
Nope my source is good. Luai's comments back up what I was originally told and posted while the rest was me trying to meme it into existence. I clearly said multiple times I never went back for a confirmation later in the saga.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it true Patolo did a hammy blowing out candles on his birthday cake ?
His birthday is in July, must have been going all out for the candles to still be in recovery now.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Given that there's plans to keep introducing more teams, junior production seems like it's going to become an even bigger area that teams need to be good at to maintain success.

In all honesty I think the only way to maintain a strong balanced comp is to encourage teams to invest more. If you allowed teams to have a financial incentive to ensure they're scouting and producing the best quality possible.

I think it'd entice most teams to invest heavily in junior production if the NRL allowed a percentage of player payment to be excluded for every season spent contracted as a junior.

If someone had been with the club since their schoolboy days, you could get maybe 2% of their pay excluded for each year up to a maximum of 10%. So if you have a gun half that's been plugging away getting better since school, they debut and kill it and somehow get an origin call up in their first season. The Rabbitohs come chasing with a million dollar offer. So we can match it with 10% outside the cap (900k on the books 100k legally excluded). But assuming the kid was worth it we might opt to do a mill on the books and add the excluded part on top to rule out the possibility of losing the next JT. If you had 10 or more good players with 10% exclusions (say they average out at $500,000/player). It adds up to $500,000 you can throw at a player in a position you need.

With that kind of incentive, it'd mean every team would have to either improve their production line or risk being left behind.
100%, totally agree

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope my source is good. Luai's comments back up what I was originally told and posted while the rest was me trying to meme it into existence. I clearly said multiple times I never went back for a confirmation later in the saga.
You never went back for a confirmation but kept pushing that you were in the know and that he was coming. Come on champ. You’re telling someone else they’re back peddling. You’ve just ripped the handbrake out of the car and thumped it in reverse