Official Gus on Twitter

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
In relation to this can anyone go to the training sessions? We are season ticket holders and would love to go to the one on Saturday morning.
Unless it’s a closed session (where they lock the BSG gates) you can just walk in from the grandstand side (Edison Lane) and watch as you like.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Imagine rating Sutton lmao. Donkey.
Name calling from you when you’re wrong and making stuff up? Wow. What a shock.

Not once did i say I rate Sutton. I said that he showed something and that either he’s been paid and lost hunger or he’s consistently injured now to the point he can’t recover.

He without a doubt had some great players to play with in the forwards but last i checked kikau was exactly that. Preston hopefully continues and is exactly that. Ditto Curran, king.

Grow up you child.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Name calling from you when you’re wrong and making stuff up? Wow. What a shock.

Not once did i say I rate Sutton. I said that he showed something and that either he’s been paid and lost hunger or he’s consistently injured now to the point he can’t recover.

He without a doubt had some great players to play with in the forwards but last i checked kikau was exactly that. Preston hopefully continues and is exactly that. Ditto Curran, king.

Grow up you child.
Not footwork, no speed, no ball playing ability, no offloading ability, no tackle breaking ability, etc. Just average runs and average tackles. PLODDER. Clear as day. Stop being a donkey and accept something that's so fucking obvious.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not footwork, no speed, no ball playing ability, no offloading ability, no tackle breaking ability, etc. Just average runs and average tackles. PLODDER. Clear as day. Stop being a donkey and accept something that's so fucking obvious.
Again I didn’t say I rated him. You just go on a rant cause I said he showed something.

Again. Grow up.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think like all sport, Sutton just lost a bit of confidence. Coming here was also a big step up in responsibility. He went from a 20 min middle player who also filled in a bit in the second row at the raiders to being a 40-60 min player here, playing exclusively prop due to all our injuries. I thought he put in, particularly at the start, I think his tackling technique is good. From my very very amateur point of view the only flaw I could see was that for me he does seem to run too upright, think that was maybe why he got a bit dominated in gang tackles more than I would like. He is big enough at about 105-106 Kgs. May need to go to the gym and work on his legs though. Here is hoping he has a better season, we need him too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think like all sport, Sutton just lost a bit of confidence. Coming here was also a big step up in responsibility. He went from a 20 min middle player who also filled in a bit in the second row at the raiders to being a 40-60 min player here, playing exclusively prop due to all our injuries. I thought he put in, particularly at the start, I think his tackling technique is good. From my very very amateur point of view the only flaw I could see was that for me he does seem to run too upright, think that was maybe why he got a bit dominated in gang tackles more than I would like. He is big enough at about 105-106 Kgs. May need to go to the gym and work on his legs though. Here is hoping he has a better season, we need him too.
He played more minutes @ Canberra than he did for us. Last 3 seasons @ Canberra he averaged 46, 52 and 42. Last season with us he averaged 34. Minutes are not the issue, the issue is we recruited a plodder and paid him overs to play a role he was incapable of filling. We lost a play one prop in Vaughan and replaced him with a bloke that couldn't run out of a wet paper bag. It's just poor recruitment, we didn't need him. Even now players like Curran and Mann are better fits in the forward pack than him.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played more minutes @ Canberra than he did for us. Last 3 seasons @ Canberra he averaged 46, 52 and 42. Last season with us he averaged 34. Minutes are not the issue, the issue is we recruited a plodder and paid him overs to play a role he was incapable of filling. We lost a play one prop in Vaughan and replaced him with a bloke that couldn't run out of a wet paper bag. It's just poor recruitment, we didn't need him. Even now players like Curran and Mann are better fits in the forward pack than him.
His first few games last year weren't bad. But then he was playing injured, King was similar, It's not easy playing busted, in a gladiatorial sport