Official Gus on Twitter

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never dribbled over him. Despite him being VERY handsome but I’m not gay.
I wasn’t even a big fan. Barely spoke about him but when I did I did mention that he was mishandled and wasted by Pay. We had a gem and we kicked him round.
People forget he was considered one of our best players at the time.
Just read articles back then;
View attachment 87174
How many of those mentioned names have a premiership ring?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How many of those mentioned names have a premiership ring?
I don’t think it matters in a team game.
Max King has a ring. Haas doesn’t.
Mitch Kenny has a ring. Damien Cook doesn’t.
A premiership winning team is only as good as it’s;
1.Composition- both Salary weighting and talent/role spread
2. Coaching system and depth
3. Halfback (If you look at all premiership winners of all time 1996 onward, almost all had origin level and above halfbacks. Ben Sherwin the exception, but I’d argue he was origin level but just had two of the greatest (BK and Johns) we have ever seen in front of him. He was better than Hokko when he played 7. For example.
It is also the reason we shot up from spoon to minor premiers when BK came to us in 2009 and sharks went from 2nd to spoon the year they lost him to us and it’s why Brisbane have risen sharply last two years with Reynolds and why we are dopey for neglecting the position for so long how we do

Reactions: obe

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3. Halfback (If you look at all premiership winners of all time 1996 onward, almost all had origin level and above halfbacks. Ben Sherwin the exception, but I’d argue he was origin level but just had two of the greatest (BK and Johns) we have ever seen in front of him. He was better than Hokko when he played 7. For example.
It is also the reason we shot up from spoon to minor premiers when BK came to us in 2009 and sharks went from 2nd to spoon the year they lost him to us and it’s why Brisbane have risen sharply last two years with Reynolds and why we are dopey for neglecting the position for so long how we do
Wait, are we discussing individuals or a team?
Pick one please and get back to me so I know which field I'm supposed to be playing on.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair Gus has gone boring mode on Twitter.
I think that was predicted earlier in their thread, when everyone was shitposting trying to get a reaction from him.
Having a head of footy engage with the fans is pretty unique and if it kept up he would go private or close his account.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Give the poor bloke some time bro, he is only 18.

I'm glad the club is taking it easy with him, kid can be anything.
Yes very true but I have this feeling he won’t bloom. I just haven’t seen anything from him and now he’s got neck injuries which is serious

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes very true but I have this feeling he won’t bloom. I just haven’t seen anything from him and now he’s got neck injuries which is serious
hulet if he ends up on the mural at jobels then his fkd. Right now his fine

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why?
Cause he is injured? Or you like to talk down players to feel superior?
I’m already superior to him in a lot of ways. Depends how you measure superiority.
And like I said msg above I just haven’t seen anything from him that makes me think he will go good and see serious injuries won’t help that, but I know I could be wrong. Hopefully I am. Just a gut feel but how often is my gut right here?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
It’s not Ben Sherwin. Try Brent Sherwin.

I reckon you are faking a lot of the stuff you write about.

Any Bulldogs supporter and most people who follow the game would know his name is Brent Sherwin, not Ben Sherwin.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m already superior to him in a lot of ways. Depends how you measure superiority.
And like I said msg above I just haven’t seen anything from him that makes me think he will go good and see serious injuries won’t help that, but I know I could be wrong. Hopefully I am. Just a gut feel but how often is my gut right here?
You obviously haven’t seen much of him and you are wrong.
Superior in what way ? Let me give you a life tip you gain more respect by being humble.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s not Ben Sherwin. Try Brent Sherwin.

I reckon you are faking a lot of the stuff you write about.

Any Bulldogs supporter and most people who follow the game would know his name is Brent Sherwin, not Ben Sherwin.
His been saying Ben since he first joined cause he fucked up, and instead of correcting himself he keeps saying Ben to make it out that what he calls him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You obviously haven’t seen much of him and you are wrong.
Superior in what way ? Let me give you a life tip you gain more respect by being humble.
Humble is good but humble won’t get you a job in a job interview.
How I am superior to KO
If I had to guess.
- more street smart. Grew in the hood and rose up the ranks
- very high IQ of 132.
- extremely good with the ladies. Mastered language of love.
- charming with ‘boyish smile’. Maybe he has this too but I get compliments from tinder Bs saying thsi so much.
- on the field I think I have more zip and good at the grubber, creativity etc
He is a better tackler though and remember he is only 18 and could easily surpass me in skill on the field and who knows what his limit is with the other points I’m currently and probably better at.