Official Gus on Twitter

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s simple, just paint club legends like Lamb, Mortimer etc.

Stop painting new players before they even play for dogs. Players need to earn it by playing well for Dogs. Not what they have done at other clubs.

Crichton is a champ, but it doesn’t mean they should put him up there now. Wait till he has a good season for dogs then put him up next.

Painting TPJ and some others are a joke.
Spoke to the owner, Crichton is going up

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
It great what Jobels Cafe is doing regarding the players mural on the wall. But they have got it wrong to many times now. In the past Trent Barrett, Flanagan and currently TPJ. Its like a curse. Players get a big head before they even put the dogs jersey on.

Players should be going down to the cafe and looking up at Lamb, Mortimer, El masri etc on the wall, saying too themself "I have to earn my place up there, maybe if i work hard and play with heart for the Dogs, maybe one day I will be up on that wall"

A players value is determined on how well they play for our beloved Bulldogs not what they have done in there past in other jerseys.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fullback is his best spot 100%
At present, the only positive from his game is his bombs. He just waits for the final pass and kicks it.
He needs to get more involved. He needs to develop a running game. I have always said his best position is in the centres.
This means that Sexton and Taafe will be the 1/2's and Crichton at f/b.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s simple, just paint club legends like Lamb, Mortimer etc.

Stop painting new players before they even play for dogs. Players need to earn it by playing well for Dogs. Not what they have done at other clubs.

Crichton is a champ, but it doesn’t mean they should put him up there now. Wait till he has a good season for dogs then put him up next.

Painting TPJ and some others are a joke.
They should have the Legends Wall and the Potentials Wall...Solved :laughing:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn’t give a **** about a mural?

Way too much thought put into it I think.

It’s not even organised by the club. I mean seriously guys!
And I though football is sport and entertainment, little thinks like this creates a great vibe !

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
And I though football is sport and entertainment, little thinks like this creates a great vibe !
Sure.

You’re right, it is a little thing. I’m surprised that so many are so hung up on it, that’s all. Maybe it’s me in the minority.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Man crush does not elevate a player to legend status ..

We’ve been trying to explain this to the gun for last few years ..
Who was the dope that had the holland hard on again I can’t remember, was it nasheed?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It great what Jobels Cafe is doing regarding the players mural on the wall. But they have got it wrong to many times now. In the past Trent Barrett, Flanagan and currently TPJ. Its like a curse. Players get a big head before they even put the dogs jersey on.

Players should be going down to the cafe and looking up at Lamb, Mortimer, El masri etc on the wall, saying too themself "I have to earn my place up there, maybe if i work hard and play with heart for the Dogs, maybe one day I will be up on that wall"

A players value is determined on how well they play for our beloved Bulldogs not what they have done in there past in other jerseys.
A bit of both would be nice.
I reckon Turvey and Baa deserve statues at BSG and they will always be club heroes of mine but the reality is young people today aren’t connected to that era and don’t have the same appreciation, the same as say I’ll never fully appreciate what Les Johns or Kevin Ryan did for the club. We need to keep our next generation of members and fans engaged too, so a nod to past and present would be ideal.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dogs have so many admirable players. Simon Gillies, Darren Britt, Rod Silva, Daryl Halligan, Craig Polla-Mounter, Tony Grimaldi, Josh Jackson, Luke Pattern, Jamie Feeny, Hazem El Masri.. And that's just naming a few (tried to pick players that were pretty much one club men or close to

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton has been disappointing at times particularly defensively BUT he has also shown a touch of top class talent - eg the field goals he has kicked, his pinpoint kicks to JAC (yes i know his kicking is poor at times) a few tries he has scored where he has taken on the line with a hint of space eg WT tigers game.

I like the idea of Hutchison playiing lock - coming after about 25 minutes - he can do the passing 13 game much better than manufactured ball playing forwards imo
Last tackle bombs most of the time land too short. 20 metre line short.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Highly doubt he would be moved to centre if we’ve signed someone to fill that role. In my opinion we shouldn’t do that, he needs a good platform and he will grow in confidence. But thats my take I have zero sources
I think a bit of experiment needs to happen in pre season

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn’t give a **** about a mural?

Way too much thought put into it I think.

It’s not even organised by the club. I mean seriously guys!
I personally like it Russ... Well not just the mural but seeing all the shops along the strip representing with some sort of Blue and White in them is just cool. You know your in Bulldog territory!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs have so many admirable players. Simon Gillies, Darren Britt, Rod Silva, Daryl Halligan, Craig Polla-Mounter, Tony Grimaldi, Josh Jackson, Luke Pattern, Jamie Feeny, Hazem El Masri.. And that's just naming a few (tried to pick players that were pretty much one club men or close to
Thus one. And can probably add a few.

bull.jpg

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
At present, the only positive from his game is his bombs. He just waits for the final pass and kicks it.
He needs to get more involved. He needs to develop a running game. I have always said his best position is in the centres.
This means that Sexton and Taafe will be the 1/2's and Crichton at f/b.
FMD, just kicks blah blah blah. Bullshit! Burton scored 4 tries, not enough but not nothing. Managed 16 try assists, that's more than Munster and more than Luai, same as Dylan Brown and 1 less than Reynolds. Same number of line breaks as Cleary, Tino, Manu, NAS, etc. More line break assists than Tedesco, Wighton, Moses, Grant, Hammer, Dearden, Townsend etc.

In our team he is heavily marked, we don't have many other quality players that take the opposition's attention aways from him. It's rather amazing that he has the same numbar of lines breaks as Cleary and Manu who have quality players around them to attract the opposition defence. More try assists than Munster, FMD considering the quality players Munster has around him to score the tries that he is assisting.

Can Burton do more, hell yes, but saying he does nothing but put up a bomb on the 5th is just nonsense.

Always a Bulldog