Official Gus on Twitter

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. Very interesting podcast, very insightful when it comes to recruitment, coaches, assistants. We all hear the buzzwords "pathways" etc. Gus goes into what he saw at Penrith, Roosters and is now doing with us. I never got an appreciation for the amount of staff required to have these programs working. Imagine how many people are working under Bellamy, scouting, training, etc. The top clubs clearly have highly dedicated staff in all areas right from the ground up.

I’ve started listening to this and if anyone on here listens to it, they will have no hesitation in saying we are on the right path. If we keep layering these juniors we will be a powerhouse for a longtime

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Well said. This is all difference of opinion and everyone has a right to an opinion

People blocking and banning over a difference of opinion is as weak as it gets

The only ones ive seen truly cross a line here would be @bowleggedwog and @Dogiezz who have both threatened physical violence
Go play on the road cock breath.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said. This is all difference of opinion and everyone has a right to an opinion

The only ones ive seen truly cross a line here would be @bowleggedwog and @Dogiezz who have both threatened physical violence
You could do with a good belting Buzz.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The never ending loop tho is continued on by multiple Kennellers who keep replying and falling into the baiting trap set.
I’ve been guilty of that, but as I mentioned in the comment, it’s just not worth replying to anything they say .. small picture mentality …

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve been guilty of that, but as I mentioned in the comment, it’s just not worth replying to anything they say .. small picture mentality …
Yeah look people are getting a tad carried away on both sides reading these comments.

Your allowed to criticise and your equally permitted to support on this forum. But people saying that trolling on the kennel is destabilising the club like Buzz is absurd. And who even would waste 5 seconds listening to buzz anyway even if you liked him. He sounded like a demented old man when he debated Graham a few weeks back it was a cringeworthy watch.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Again stark lack of comprehension from u. Who is demanding instant sucess? Certainly not I, or anyone else who shares my concerns. We’re asking to see some form of progress. We’ve seen the opposite. Steep regression. Next years extremely questionable recruits only further calls for alarm. We could be spoon bound, which as previously stated, is totally unacceptable
You are such a negative ****. It's difficult to believe you are a supporter. Are you a Russian troll bot? Seems like your agenda is to just bitch about everything the club does and argue the opposite. Is calling you road kill a threat precious?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
U fail to comprehend that we should’ve been progressing from end of 2021 onwards. The cap issues were eliminated and weve been able to recruit heavily but have somehow continued to regress. Regression between end of 2021- end of 2023 should never have happened. Inexcusable. And we’re being told to expect more of the same next year which I think has been renamed as yr 1 of the rebuild which is fucken laughable and even more laughable that cucks like u buy into it without batting an eye lid.
And there it is, as soon as you are faced with fact and truth and you know your argument is shot you resort to calling people cucks, like I said from day one fish fucker you’re paper thin.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve started listening to this and if anyone on here listens to it, they will have no hesitation in saying we are on the right path. If we keep layering these juniors we will be a powerhouse for a longtime
Yep listened to it today, I don’t give a fuck what the clown crew say Gus knows his business and he’s doing the right thing by our club for the future.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Poor baby :sob:

Don't like being called out for your negative agenda.

Am I hurting your internet feelings? Awww

Let's meet up and hug it out

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep listened to it today, I don’t give a fuck what the clown crew say Gus knows his business and he’s doing the right thing by our club for the future.
Won a comp his first year as head coach at Bulldogs, after only a year coaching lower grade. A couple of years later he took Penrith to 2 grand finals in his first 2 years there. He took on the Blues coaching duties as well from 1992 and won his first 3 series. He went on to help Roosters to success, then Penrith again.

Anyone that thinks he is our problem is a clueless mother fucker. He’s been showing that he knows footy from day one of coaching and has the wins to prove it. All these trolls have, are inflated egos from trolling on an internet forum. They’re so dopey they can’t even get it through their thick skulls that they have nothing to feel proud of, as most of us think that they’re pathetic fools.

Yeah sure, we should believe the cynical shite they say instead of one of the most proven rugby league operators in the land.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Won a comp his first year as head coach at Bulldogs, after only a year coaching lower grade. A couple of years later he took Penrith to 2 grand finals in his first 2 years there. He took on the Blues coaching duties as well from 1992 and won his first 3 series. He went on to help Roosters to success, then Penrith again.

Anyone that thinks he is our problem is a clueless mother fucker. He’s been showing that he knows footy from day one of coaching and has the wins to prove it. All these trolls have, are inflated egos from trolling on an internet forum. They’re so dopey they can’t even get it through their thick skulls that they have nothing to feel proud of, as most of us think that they’re pathetic fools.

Yeah sure, we should believe the cynical shite they say instead of one of the most proven rugby league operators in the land.
Gus is the best person for the job but that doesn't mean you have to be sheep and not point out mistakes or whatever it may be. A big reason why fans are negative is because the truth is "negative".

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand what you've got against meritocracy - most people are in favour of it! Did your spelling corrector throw it up instead of "mediocracy"?
Guilty as charged, yet was fatigue that tripped me.
Didn't get sleep yesterday.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is not working for the club, it's not his responsibility to identify a replacement. I keep seeing this argument implying that fans shouldn't criticise a coach or GM if they are not able to immediately identify the best possible replacement, and it is completely nonsensical. If you hire a gardener and they start pulling out all your favourite plants, while leaving the weeds, you fire them on the spot, you don't let them keep making things worse while you research who might be available to do a better job when you can see as plain as day results couldn't be much worse.

It's a forum, people are going to have opinions that differ with yours, and you're going to have to learn to accept that. When we have a season this bad, there is going to be criticism, and it's hard to say it isn't justified.

Why am I even being tagged in this drivel? Lol
That is the problem with people like you, you've nil interest in resolving issues in a reasonable real-world manner.
If my gardener started ripping out my plants and leaving the weeds, I'd be asking WTF is going on and questioning if there was a communication breakdown, rather than throwing out the baby with the bathwater!
If I've miscommunicated, I correct it; if he's misunderstood, I afford him the chance to maintain a positive working relationship by fixing it.
If he does not or is argumentative about it, then I review his ongoing service.
Insane Clown Posse indeed!

Also, if the ICP is so hell-bent on selling us that the current group is wrong, convince us who is right.
Otherwise, you're only adding to the problems by forcing us to vacate these positions with no viable solution.

EDIT - punctuation

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus is the best person for the job but that doesn't mean you have to be sheep and not point out mistakes or whatever it may be. A big reason why fans are negative is because the truth is "negative".
What an absolute dumb post! You are the perfect example of someone with selective hearing/reading.

How are people being sheep? People love Gus because they can see the bigger picture and these same people know there will be mistakes along the way. Mistakes are part of the process and Gus himself always says it “sometimes we get it right sometimes we don’t” I’ve heard him say it a lot of times. It doesn’t mean people are sheep if they defend Gus against outrageous claims made by others like @04 Dreaming who clearly has an agenda.

A big reason why fans are negative is because they are sooks. There’s nothing wrong with being a sook, it just means you’re a “I want that toy in the window now mum or else I’m chucking a tantrum” type of person, but who cares.

The real problem are those with hidden agendas who want to over throw the board and management which will put us back another five years at least.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What an absolute dumb post! You are the perfect example of someone with selective hearing/reading.

How are people being sheep? People love Gus because they can see the bigger picture and these same people know there will be mistakes along the way. Mistakes are part of the process and Gus himself always says it “sometimes we get it right sometimes we don’t” I’ve heard him say it a lot of times. It doesn’t mean people are sheep if they defend Gus against outrages claims made by others like @04 Dreaming who clearly has an agenda.

A big reason why fans are negative is because they are sooks. There’s nothing wrong with being a sook, it just means you’re a “I want that toy in the window now mum or else I’m chucking a tantrum” type of person, but who cares.

The real problem are those with hidden agendas who want to over throw the board and management which will put us back another five years at least.
There are fans that defend Gus or the club against things that aren't outrageous. A lot of supporters on here with Bulldog goggles on unfortunately. The last debate I saw on here was why Kolo would sign for us over another team e.g. Rooster, which was why my previous comment was posted. You all think Dreaming is trolling but 9/10 times he's closer to the truth than everyone hating on him (which from my pov is sad considering the amount). Too many can't handle the truth and put it down as being "negative". There's very little to be happy or positive about with us atm.

Last edited: