Official Gus on Twitter

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Been the players fault for 7 years aye..
Serious question @TheSexDogs...because I actually respect your POV most of the time...what's your quick fix to get us into the 8 over the next 2 years with or without current player roster or coaching roster??

For me I'm just putting on another 6 months of faith based on the current strategies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone care to share what the tweets said. For some reason been blocked from Gus
Gus' tweet reply.

This is one response from a fan:
"I'm not saying they should, but in this type of discussion, if they don't discuss finding a new coach, they're not being honest. Again I'm not saying they should find a new coach, nor am I saying it's a bad idea, but the question needs some enquiry.
Also should be asking questions around the psychology of the playing group, do they need a mental performance coach?"
Gus's Post:
Screenshot_20230821_154907_Chrome.jpg

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What in the fucking emo school shooter typa tweet is that from Gus?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What in the fucking emo school shooter typa tweet is that from Gus?
Sounds reasonable on one hand admitting we are cooked but on the other hand so unlike Phillip R Gould Esq.

Might be preparing us for some massive changes and/or clear out?

Probably a good thing that our poor results are being taken so seriously and spoken about so openly so the massive changes needed do happen? Gotta believe.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As with most things withe Bulldogs - we are left to guess/ conjecture - im old but i thought i read it in the Chairmans message - they had resigned a few others - Hopoi Morrin - ill have dig around

Beyond Logan Spinks, the Club has proudly extended contracts with Lipoi Hopoi, Chris Patolo, Sam Hughes, Joseph O’Neil and Khaled Rajab.
As long as we don't re-sign knoconmore!!

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Which part of the playing group?
Seems to me that the lazy ones who won’t buy in are the ones on the outs?
If that’s the case should he be trying to win them back? we should be making an example of them. “This is the standard we expect, anything less is unacceptable.”
I wasn't clear in my original comment.

I was not talking about guys like RFM, Sutton,Thommo and Okunbor who should go for sure.

I mean blokes like Fox and Kiks. We need them firing and being the leaders they are to start winning and attract quality players to the club

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The players i'm looking forward to see next year are Kiraz, Skelton, JAC, Chrighton, Xerri, Edwards, Kikau, Preston, Mahoney. Along with Papali'i, Alamoti and KO to begin in NSW Cup at fullback, Centre and lock. Fingers crosssed that Burton, who ever the 7 is and the other forwards lift big time. I don't think the club makes the 8 next year without one or two big signings before next season.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which part of the playing group?
Seems to me that the lazy ones who won’t buy in are the ones on the outs?
If that’s the case should he be trying to win them back? we should be making an example of them. “This is the standard we expect, anything less is unacceptable.”
Unlike most, I have no doubts that this has been said.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was a betting man, I'd put money that the cause of our failure is on the players who can't execute rather than on CC. I will not be calling for CC's axing just yet. I will wait till halfway through next year. Every rookie coach in their first year needs time to prove their worth, I'm willing to give him that.
Look at O'Brien. Everyone including myself thought he was useless, until now when the knights are finally firing, and have the best winning streak since 2001.
It takes time to work the team out and learn how to play them. No coach walks in to a completely new team that has a bunch of new recruits who also don't know eachother, and have instant success. It's a process, and the ones that can't perform will be moved on.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly..... I know most people think CC is a dud (and I agree some of his decisions seem crazy).... but lets not forget he knows what success looks like, he has worked within the Panthers system that has built from the bottom up and is now a powerhouse and nearly unbeatable

Most of our players don't remotely know what that level of work or success looks or feels like

Maybe CC has been pushing shit uphill trying to get these players to buy in, but maybe this year was sorting out who has the drive to put in the necessary work and if that's the case....boohoo to any player that thinks he's being pushed too hard....they have hopefully been identified and will only be around for another 2 weeks
100%

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or worse yet. Players will be retained :mask:

We should be clearing the deck with the current lot (off contract players). None are really worthy of playing NRL and they show it.
I think that there will be players that are retained that many on the kennel want gone but in the end, we have to field a team also lol.