Official Gus on Twitter

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven’t lost any trust in Gus from the day he walked in the club. No one else in the footy scene could have got this club from tipping point to paving a path from the roots to media to cap management in the astute manner Gus goes about it. A tint of narcissism, egotistical despite being stubborn at times adjust accordingly. On the same page about there being no difference between running 9th and last, though I interpret it as the expense of on field quality to compensate for rejuvenating the club. Implementing a system setting a bar to clear those who are inadequate to play at the highest level. Gus runs of his intuition a constant game of chess navigates the media so well just think Ciraldo his biggest chip is second guessing himself. The side is young and will grow into the system a fit side and top 30 filled with with reliability in depth, potential and utility value as apposed to cap eaters in RFM and Sutton.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be helpful for all the young blokes out there to know which line he used to score this one .. [emoji848]

You smell …. or your lips need refilling …

Follow @Nasheed for more advice on how to pick up successful women ..
You say it like I’m not on the money. Very dismissive when it’s written gold

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly this sounds like he’s going to fall on his sword.
He wouldn’t say it like that if CC is getting sacked. He’s not a cat and Ciraldo isn’t his food.
His demeanour the last few weeks suggest he may not be up for the challenge. Maybe roosters or sharks have asked him for some assistance.
mths last two weeks he’s spoken with pessimism not optimism.
I hardly think tellling Okenbor he’s not signed next year Is some hard decision.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly this sounds like he’s going to fall on his sword.
He wouldn’t say it like that if CC is getting sacked. He’s not a cat and Ciraldo isn’t his food.
His demeanour the last few weeks suggest he may not be up for the challenge. Maybe roosters or sharks have asked him for some assistance.
mths last two weeks he’s spoken with pessimism not optimism.
I hardly think tellling Okenbor he’s not signed next year Is some hard decision.
Sounds like he is bailing but can’t see him doing that

Maybe some signings

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sounds like Gus is trolling the media and the kennel

The King of trolls knows how to hit the sweet spot

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All Gus does is fire up other teams to flog us. He lit a fire in the knights to put 108-6 points on us this year.
There was a thanks Gus cheer in the knights members section yesterday.
Fuck Gus, Ciraldo and this board off if they can’t land a big name
I kinda agree with your disagreeing with Gus commenting on other teams and therefore giving ammo for those coaches to galvanise their players and fire them up with motivation against Gus' team.

Just keep to sensible footy comments Gus: not personal opinions on team and opposition coach's decisions.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Or worse yet. Players will be retained :mask:

We should be clearing the deck with the current lot (off contract players). None are really worthy of playing NRL and they show it.
Like to see Hughes kept. Has huge potential ...but there appears very little development prowess at the club atm.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like to see Hughes kept. Has huge potential ...but there appears very little development prowess at the club atm.
Havent seen much of Flegg lately - whilst there are some players that seem like they might take the next step hasnt been any that have been outstanding / dominant on a regular basis -at least early in season. The guys with genuine speed and take advantage of space have defensive issues, the better forwards are on the small side. BUT it only takes one or two to make a big difference.

It seems the club is giving lots of player opportunity but not necessarily playing the best side each week in flegg - have a better idea first week of semi finals.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Havent seen much of Flegg lately - whilst there are some players that seem like they might take the next step hasnt been any that have been outstanding / dominant on a regular basis -at least early in season. The guys with genuine speed and take advantage of space have defensive issues, the better forwards are on the small side. BUT it only takes one or two to make a big difference.

It seems the club is giving lots of player opportunity but not necessarily playing the best side each week in flegg - have a better idea first week of semi finals.
We're all keen for your assessments and the other Kennellers who keep us informed on how lower grades are coming along :grinning:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he has signed for next years - i thought he was good in reggies in a poor team effort - get him to watch some Lyndsey Collins highlighhts

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like he is bailing but can’t see him doing that

Maybe some signings
Bailing looks like Gus gave up on task or wasn’t up for it making him look like a loser, he’s sticking around until some sort of success is achieved.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont agree with nor understand a lot of what Gould has done this year - Reynolds Clark Davey RFM (extension)Topine(extension) etc BUT he did say on a number of occasions in a number of ways that this year would not be good.