Exactly
In order of fear
1. Shane Flanagan gone now
2. Madge
3. Toovey
4. Mcgregor
5. Holbrook
Just guessing really.
I reakon Billy Slater would be hard also.
Flanagan and Holbrook have both taken teams from rock bottom to finals in 2 full seasons.

They are the only ones who have the experience required to take on a job like the Bulldogs.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s a huge problem with the development in our club. There’s a lot of those guys who would blossom in another team instead they go backwards. The broncos haven’t just all of a sudden bought their whole team, if you notice a lot of their guys have been with broncos for years and they have developed them into superstars. The dogs unfortunately are developing these kids and setting them up for failure
Comparing our development opportunities with the broncos is a bit unfair. They have the first pic of Queensland juniors and unlimited TPAs

Reactions: ATT

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is a very valid question by Andrew. Gould in a cover up. Ugly albino garden gnome of a response
Say that to his(twatter)face I dare ya :tearsofjoy:
Won't be a change in coach anytime in the next year or more. * assuming we aren't as shit as we are now.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan and Holbrook have both taken teams from rock bottom to finals in 2 full seasons.

They are the only ones who have the experience required to take on a job like the Bulldogs.
Let’s see if Flanagan can do it without cheating the cap and magic juice. Holbrook has been terrible with a stacked squad. He was sacked for a reason. They are playing better since he was sacked

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Also massive lol @ Gus "this is not a job for a rookie coach"

So what does he do? Hires a rookie hahaha Gould has made a complete fool of himself.
You fall for his lies to make out to Tigers that we weren't interested in Ciraldo

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You fall for his lies to make out to Tigers that we weren't interested in Ciraldo
I never wanted Ciraldo in the first place, I wanted Shane Flanagan when it was made clear by Potter he did not want the stress of being head coach for an extended period.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never wanted Ciraldo in the first place, I wanted Shane Flanagan when it was made clear by Potter he did not want the stress of being head coach for an extended period.
The spin on the Potter record last year is the biggest fkn croc of shit. We were still trash and lost most games.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

So what does he do? Hires a rookie hahaha Gould has made a complete fool of himself.
Yeah I clearly remember when he told Barrett not to take the job for that reason

But this time it’s different……

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Half of the team remains unsigned for next year.
I think the club has a handle on where the problems lie.
This worries me, half the side is unsigned and probs not going to be signed by anyone even super league, so they may be like whats the point. We need to quickly sign who we want to keep and put the rest in Massey or more ugly games could be coming.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Nah, that's when he rides in to be the hero of the day & help out.

The white knight charging in to save the club. Giddy up.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
One of my biggest concerns no matter who the coach is, is when they cannot arrest the slide.

We are less than 3/4 through the season, are playing horribly and week to week look like we are getting worse.

There is just no positivity whatsoever. The injury excuse has faded given we just about have everyone back on deck. No other team has less than 2 injuries to their starting 17.

No team should be writing off a season this early in the season and not be criticised.

We cannot just see out the season with a heap of losses and think we are on the improve. That's a cop-out

I want a team and coach that can devise a gameplan with the available players in our squad that can turn things around. I do this every week coaching junior AFL against much better sides to ours on paper.

It's called team engineering. And we have none of it. Too many dumb players in our team and obviously a coach that cannot understand the limits of his players - both physically or mentally
Marki, it is hard to argue with your points and I agree that we need to "create" that positivity, but I fear that too many of our players are just plain tired and knocked about by bigger & better sides......that is where your concept of "team engineering" makes a lot of sense......but unfortunately who is going to implement it....CC has already demonstrated that he has no tactics, he cannot motivate the players (should they really need to be motivated by someone else?). Gus is a little past it imo and I think that it is time that a harsh team meeting is called. I feel for guys like Preston and to a certain extent King (although he has gone backwards this year)
I don't doubt that guys like Mahoney and Preston are making the effort, but perhaps the captaincy id playing on Reed. Some plain simple down to earth truth telling is needed......our backs defence is very ordinary so not just the piggies (our defence wide on Sunday was horrendous...yet CC's strength at the Panthers was his defence). Don't be fooled....I am as disappointed as the rest of you, but I will never give up on the club, even though the last 5 years or so has been the worst period I can remember in nearly 60 years of watching & supporting the club.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who is they? It was a different squad every time. The only bloke around for it all has been RFM and he was injured every year lol
Hey ! How dare you contradict the narrative with truth or logic