Official Gus on Twitter

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah he blocked me today for asking this

@PhilGould15 care to explain why signing a drug cheat blow in who has never shown to be anything without roids in his system was a higher priority for the club than retaining a talented local junior in the same position, who can (and has) covered anywhere from 1-7 #disgusted

He’s got a bit of a glass jaw, doesn’t like people asking legitimate questions
I don't blame Gus for blocking you. Your post is argumentative and rude - quite apart from being inaccurate!

Bronson Xerri played a breakout season for Cronulla and was rested tested (thanks XPICATE) regularly for drugs - as all first graders are - and he failed one test at the end of that season, when he claimed he was trying to help his recovery from an injury. I was given a cortisone injection in my lower back just yesterday for a sciatic nerve problem, so, by your standards, I am also a drug cheat. Just as well I don't play for the Dogs.

Last edited:

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't blame Gus for blocking you. Your post is argumentative and rude - quite apart from being inaccurate!

Bronson Xerri played a breakout season for Cronulla and was rested regularly for drugs - as all first graders are - and he failed one test at the end of that season, when he claimed he was trying to help his recovery from an injury. I was given a cortisone injection in my lower back just yesterday for a sciatic nerve problem, so, by your standards, I am also a drug cheat. Just as well I don't play for the Dogs.
I hope he’s not rested regularly for drugs when he comes here

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score

Bronson Xerri played a breakout season for Cronulla and was rested regularly for drugs - as all first graders are - and he failed one test at the end of that season, when he claimed he was trying to help his recovery from an injury. I was given a cortisone injection in my lower back just yesterday for a sciatic nerve problem, so, by your standards, I am also a drug cheat. Just as well I don't play for the Dogs.
I don’t give a shit what his excuse was, there’s always a sob story when people get caught. “Oh I was injured” “oh we trusted the doctors and didn’t ask what was in the needles” “oh it was because my housemate used the same blender” it’s all crap. You can think it was rude to bring it up if you want but if the club/ Gus doesn’t want to answer questions about signing drug cheats don’t sign them. As I’ve pointed out before, I didn’t swear at him or call him any names. Didn’t get personal, I just asked why a drug cheat was such a high priority and retaining local juniors wasn’t.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t give a shit what his excuse was, there’s always a sob story when people get caught. “Oh I was injured” “oh we trusted the doctors and didn’t ask what was in the needles” “oh it was because my housemate used the same blender” it’s all crap. You can think it was rude to bring it up if you want but if the club/ Gus doesn’t want to answer questions about signing drug cheats don’t sign them. As I’ve pointed out before, I didn’t swear at him or call him any names. Didn’t get personal, I just asked why a drug cheat was such a high priority and retaining local juniors wasn’t.
Get over it. He blocked you, move on

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How could Gus possibly take exception to your "sweetness and light" post? You kicked off with "care to explain why..." which is combative. Then you followed up with "drug cheat blow in who has never shown to be anything without roids in his system", which is inaccurate and insulting, both to our new recruit and the man who signed him. You are also linking Xerri's signing directly with Avarillo's departure without any evidence that the two events are connected.

I am sorry to lose Avo and I hope he goes well for his new club, but his poor defence would have been a problem for us going forward. If he gets into a structure where he is surrounded by exceptional defenders, he will shine - but that is not the Dogs, certainly not at present!

astro_boy77

Waterboy
Reaction score
We’ve been ‘rebuilding’ for almost a decade. Somehow Gus has steered us back to square 1. You’ve bought into his nonsense, good for you. You’ve been Gus-cucked also. Bet you think Cuckraldo is a really good coach too lol
We've been making band-aid fixes trying to get success with coaches and board members trying to save their own ass which has led to this mess you speak off.
And this is also exactly what you're pushing for again, thank god the club has learnt and is now rebuilding for the future.

The way you're carrying on its as if you think we were going to win the comp this year and have tanked.
Simple fact is we have had and still have one of the worst rosters in the comp.
Gus is doing a good job slowing changing that.
You can keep crying and venting into The Kennel as you deal with your emotional fallout.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Time will tell. I stand by this development as being an absolute stinker for us. Can see avo playing 250+ games, SOO, international’s for Aus
Some people really don't watch games closely. Averillo is a classic case of 20/80. Performs great 20% of the time. People just disregard the 80%. Mark my words, he will be in reserve grade before the end of his deal up there.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Some people really don't watch games closely. Averillo is a classic case of 20/80. Performs great 20% of the time. People just disregard the 80%. Mark my words, he will be in reserve grade before the end of his deal up there.
Yeah I was thinking they have Isaako, whose nailed that right wing, they also have edrick and brenko lee who skeltor love, The big rugby bloke and Euan Aikin as other centre options. Might be hard for him to crack the team. Will probably be fighting it out with Edrick lee for a wing spot. However they are very different [players so it will be interesting to see how he goes. Might be a bit like Schoup at the Titans, in and out of the side.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Then you followed up with "drug cheat blow in who has never shown to be anything without roids in his system", which is inaccurate and insulting, both to our new recruit and the man who signed him.
Inaccurate how? He’s played one season and got done for drugs in that season. Hadn’t been allowed to lace a boot for the last 3 and a half years so has absolutely zero record to point to that isn’t under an asterisk for being on roids.

As for it being insulting, don’t take the drugs if you don’t want to be labelled a drug cheat, and don’t sign a bloke who is serving a drugs ban if you don’t want people to bring it up.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have no problem with recruiting Xerri.
Just think we should become a club who can fully develop their juniors.
The juniors have to hold their end of the bargain up as well. Avo still has a lot of improvement to make defensively and at 600k a season I’m with Gus on this he can do that develop at the fins

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn’t you reword your question to “why was Bronson Xerri signed over a local junior”? Or does it make you feel good about yourself talking down to others who have made mistakes in their life?

I’m sure you would have gotten a more mature response

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Couldn’t you reword your question to “why was Bronson Xerri signed over a local junior”? Or does it make you feel good about yourself talking down to others who have made mistakes in their life?
Doesn’t make me “feel good about myself” but also doesn’t get my point across. My question wasn’t about Xerri as an individual, it was about signing external drug cheats over juniors as a premise. I’d have said the same if we signed any other drug cheats months before attempting to extend/retain the talent we already have at the club

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t make me “feel good about myself” but also doesn’t get my point across. My question wasn’t about Xerri as an individual, it was about signing external drug cheats over juniors as a premise. I’d have said the same if we signed any other drug cheats months before attempting to extend/retain the talent we already have at the club
Dude you went in with a combative posture and got a combative response in return. There are a thousand ways you could have worded your question and unfortunately you picked one of the worst ways to do it. Own it.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah hes very below average in defence. I think Ciraldo has seen enough of these blow out score lines and wants to get back to what made him renowned in the first place which is defence. I think Simrani, Xerri, Skelton and EQW coming over allows them to potentially lose a little in attack but make up in defence whilst strengthening weaker spots for us.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah hes very below average in defence. I think Ciraldo has seen enough of these blow out score lines and wants to get back to what made him renowned in the first place which is defence. I think Simrani, Xerri, Skelton and EQW coming over allows them to potentially lose a little in attack but make up in defence whilst strengthening weaker spots for us.
Watched Samrani first time on Saturday - defensively he was very good - Quai Ward has also been good with exception of one or two misreads under pressure. Both seem to be able to make the old "ball n all tackle" when one on one. Big bodies not sure how quick.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dude you went in with a combative posture and got a combative response in return. There are a thousand ways you could have worded your question and unfortunately you picked one of the worst ways to do it. Own it.
Have never once backed away from anything I said, all I have done is point out I didn’t call him names or swear or get personal with him. If people want to take that as me not owning it then we can agree to disagree. The fact is we signed a drug cheat centre last December and have now let a current centre who is a local junior walk. If you don’t want people to point that out to you, then maybe don’t do it

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched Samrani first time on Saturday - defensively he was very good - Quai Ward has also been good with exception of one or two misreads under pressure. Both seem to be able to make the old "ball n all tackle" when one on one. Big bodies not sure how quick.
Samrani is 105 kg....classic outside back that has punch and leg drive as well as Good D. Once he gets a few kms and a full off-season..he'll be next off the rank. Coming off ACL.