Official Gus on Twitter

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alamoti has much more to offer than standing on an edge waiting n hoping for decent ball or just doing hard yardage runs from the tryline into a set defensive line..

His wanting to be closer to the action and Gould acknowledging it hopefully will mean it will happen.

IMHO Alamoti offers so much more as a 13 than any they have tried over the last two or three years.
I said it a few weeks ago. He isn’t ready yet. Needs to fill out his body a bit more. But you’d throw him on the bench next year to get some time at lock or back row. Then with his silky hands and hard hitting defence he’d make a great 13.

Lots of the times he is beaten with speed or bad reads. Much easier defending in the middle.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah he blocked me today for asking this

@PhilGould15 care to explain why signing a drug cheat blow in who has never shown to be anything without roids in his system was a higher priority for the club than retaining a talented local junior in the same position, who can (and has) covered anywhere from 1-7 #disgusted

He’s got a bit of a glass jaw, doesn’t like people asking legitimate questions
No wonder he fn blocked you.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like Gus is panicking after the loss of Averillo and now prepared to hand whatever Paul wants on a platter to keep him. He would be a horrific 5/8 so surely this won’t be entertained in the slightest but with Cuckraldos selections anything’s possible I guess
If gus wanted to keep Averilo he would have. It is what it is, and given how shit we have been for years now, i really dont care who leaves, so long as we get better.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
If you believe that fans and members aren’t entitled to ask questions about the club’s priorities without name calling or swearing at him then that’s fine, we can agree to disagree, but I personally don’t see an issue with asking what I asked. If he doesn’t want to be questioned about signing drug cheats he probably shouldn’t sign them.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If gus wanted to keep Averilo he would have. It is what it is, and given how shit we have been for years now, i really dont care who leaves, so long as we get better.
Time will tell. I stand by this development as being an absolute stinker for us. Can see avo playing 250+ games, SOO, international’s for Aus

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have we let go of a generational talent? Of course not. Have we lost a genuinely talented local junior who was developing into a very good player for us? Yep.
No coincidence this comes out just before origin to minimise the fan blowback. Don’t like this decision at all. And for those fans saying we need to balance our roster, etc. Let’s wait on who we actually sign to address our obvious problems before drinking from the Gus fountain on that one.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
S
Have we let go of a generational talent? Of course not. Have we lost a genuinely talented local junior who was developing into a very good player for us? Yep.
No coincidence this comes out just before origin to minimise the fan blowback. Don’t like this decision at all. And for those fans saying we need to balance our roster, etc. Let’s wait on who we actually sign to address our obvious problems before drinking from the Gus fountain on that one.
Suprised we didn’t announce a home invader or genuine shiet cûnt before origin also

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he blocked me today for asking this

@PhilGould15 care to explain why signing a drug cheat blow in who has never shown to be anything without roids in his system was a higher priority for the club than retaining a talented local junior in the same position, who can (and has) covered anywhere from 1-7 #disgusted

He’s got a bit of a glass jaw, doesn’t like people asking legitimate questions
Why didn’t you go all out and tell Gus his mother is ugly…..
Mate it’s a fair spray and I salute you for sticking to your principles, but not surprised you got the chop!

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why didn’t you go all out and tell Gus his mother is ugly…..
Mate it’s a fair spray and I salute you for sticking to your principles, but not surprised you got the chop!
I literally didn’t say a thing about him personally, no name calling, no insults, didn’t swear at him, just asked why signing a drug cheat was the club’s priority over a local junior off contract. But it’s fine, if he wants to block me he can, I’m a big boy, it just comes off as a little precious to me, considering some of the sprays Gus himself hands out on a weekly basis on tv

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I literally didn’t say a thing about him personally, no name calling, no insults, didn’t swear at him, just asked why signing a drug cheat was the club’s priority over a local junior off contract. But it’s fine, if he wants to block me he can, I’m a big boy, it just comes off as a little precious to me, considering some of the sprays Gus himself hands out on a weekly basis on tv
Probably didn't like the drug cheat reference, yes it's true but in the past idk.Anyway no big deal hey like you said lol
Will be a cold day in hell I'll join/download twatter ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably didn't like the drug cheat reference, yes it's true but in the past idk.Anyway no big deal hey like you said lol
Twitter is excellent, every time I check my feed I see people dying. It's like the new live leak.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah probably not, but if you don’t want people asking questions about drug cheats, don’t sign someone currently serving a drug cheating ban.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. I don’t think Gus ever said he wanted alamoti at 5/8, it seems like he was just saying what the manager and alamoti felt? Lol.

no where in the post did he say he agrees / disagreed… everyone here just relax