Official Gus on Twitter

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we know Gus tells porkies but on 100% footy he said he knows where Brooks is going but it isn't the dogs and Lodge also won't be at the dogs. He said we're in the race for Hunt.
So if Gus tells porkies, that mean you have Brooks & Lodge & missed out on Hunt. :p

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks DD, there’s plenty jumping the gun and turning on Gus now, TPJ was never his signing - we’re an emotional club with emotional fans, but we can’t put sh!t on People who are genuinely trying to assist the club - albeit, for good coin.

Gus is a winner - we will look back in a few years praising his work.
Well said D.O.W.
Rebuilding back from a decade of disaster was never going to be simple and without obstacles, we can either enjoy the rise of the Bulldogs or just keep on whinging and complaining at every opportunity about the people who are the best and most capable to deliver us from the oblivion we are in.
So my message to my fellow Kennelers, be patient and enjoy the rebirth of our great team !

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
we should have beat the Roosters… we are a better team then some people think.
We’re capable when we put it together and have come close a few times (Warriors, Raiders, Chooks). We’re just not consistent enough and when we get off to a bad start we don’t seem to be able to arrest the slide.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I will break it to you as gently as I can. Get Real.

As day turns into night, they will blame anything & everything for a loss etc.
I know, it’s the glass half full thing, I can’t help it.
I should say that my half full glass is poison put there by a corrupt referee and betting agency and it will tip over because Ciraldo got his rotations wrong :-).

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’re capable when we put it together and have come close a few times (Warriors, Raiders, Chooks). We’re just not consistent enough and when we get off to a bad start we don’t seem to be able to arrest the slide.
The difference in those tight games (Warriors, Raiders, Chooks) was literally a good halfback… that’s 6 competition points which would have us thereabouts the top 8.

A couple of strong middles and a 7….practically completes us.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What is it with the hate on TPJ? He has been our best forward with Preston all year. Because he has the big profile and bigger pay packet people expect miracles. If we had 5 TPJ's we would be in the top four. Our problem is our size. It is the smallest team in the NRL whilst we have our current injuries. Nothing we can do about it. Hence why Lodge the player would be perfect for the rest of the season. However he doesn't seem to fit in with any club. If I were Gus I would throw the cheque book at Haas. Daniel Safiti also an option. But we need some grunt.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The difference in those tight games (Warriors, Raiders, Chooks) was literally a good halfback… that’s 6 competition points which would have us thereabouts the top 8.

A couple of strong middles and a 7….practically completes us.
I would like to add a good bench would help as well.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it with the hate on TPJ? He has been our best forward with Preston all year. Because he has the big profile and bigger pay packet people expect miracles. If we had 5 TPJ's we would be in the top four. Our problem is our size. It is the smallest team in the NRL whilst we have our current injuries. Nothing we can do about it. Hence why Lodge the player would be perfect for the rest of the season. However he doesn't seem to fit in with any club. If I were Gus I would throw the cheque book at Haas. Daniel Safiti also an option. But we need some grunt.
His brain explosions always cost us massively. That's my main gripe with him.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For sure. Big question make is ciraldo only early days and lacking cattle but still to prove himself and really stamp his brand on our style of play thought he was a defensive guru but not showing any real improvement on last year.
Somewhat of a surprise appointment as Gould himself stated it was a tough environment for a rookie coach.
Ive been pretty solid with CC so far. However I gotta say I’m now starting to wonder about the strategies & rotations used by CC the “wunderkind”.
Only 17 points ave in attack & conceding 27 per match in defence. Worse defence in the league and bottom 3 in attack. The roster is far from optimal but should not be getting trashed every match. 2 good middles and a game managing HB short of a good competitive roster in ‘24.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he is doing his best with a difficult job. Juniors will come through but that is years away. Solving our current team is not so easy because we are well off the pace. Gus only bad signing in my opinion has been Sutton. Reed had a strong start but has been awful for weeks. Getting Critta, Kikau back and a few strong middles will improve us. We get Hunt and we are to 8 certainty. I’m sure Gus is trying his best but it’s a hard sell.
[/QUOTE
Plus there is not to much top line talent available in any positions, but especially middles and halves which we are looking for.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People hate on him for the obvious reason- the guy has the potential to be anything but offers up inconsistent performances and terrible brain snaps. It’s hugely frustrating.