Official Gus on Twitter

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep mate I know what you are saying but Chrichton was there as cover because Latrell was doubtful. If Haas was ruled out yesterday instead of Latrell would Crichton have got elevated to the team ??

My point is that the 18th man named 10 days before the game in origin is rarely the 18th man on the night. Burton wasn’t named in the squad for origin 1 until very late on.
Good point. Yeah i think its unnecessary to have our crucial playmaker out "just in case", for origin, which we will lose anyway.
Does Burton get 50k??? Do the Bulldogs miss out on having their star playmaker out at a crucial time in the season? Yes.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point. Yeah i think its unnecessary to have our crucial playmaker out "just in case", for origin, which we will lose anyway.
Does Burton get 50k??? Do the Bulldogs miss out on having their star playmaker out at a crucial time in the season? Yes.
I think he does get paid but it’s not $50k.

Hopefully someone corrects me but I don’t even think the CBA has been signed yet.

So therefore the payments for origin are not set

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus seems to state this inexperience as something to be proud of ? Is it just me or does this highlight piss poor recruitment? Why would you put a bunch of young inexperienced players together in the NRL without a solid mix of mature mentoring players?
because they're injured or playing origin losing kikau and Thompson to injury hasn't helped our season.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really shows the need for some hard headed, no nonsense players in the team.
Especially in the front row. We just dont have them.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This thread has become a must for me because he blocked me after blasting him about even contemplating signing May. Hahaha I’m part of the blocked club now.
Not only is Tyrone May a shit player but his best position is 6 where we have more than enough players.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not only is Tyrone May a shit player but his best position is 6 where we have more than enough players.
If they want him it’ll be for the 13 role the panthers use Yeo in. He can play centre halves back row. Probably means Nu Brown won’t be extended. Reynolds also will retire. Flanagan will be gone so Hooker utility role will be up for grabs next year unless we sign Hunt, which I can’t see happening

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus sounds like he’s impressed we are fielding a rookie team today or he’s making early excuses

Go get Hunt already ffs
We have had the youngest team all year. He is just making excuses if we lose and if we win the club looks to have a great future.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus seems to state this inexperience as something to be proud of ? Is it just me or does this highlight piss poor recruitment? Why would you put a bunch of young inexperienced players together in the NRL without a solid mix of mature mentoring players?
THIS. 100%.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha Gus preemptively making excuses for the mauling we’re about to cop
That excuse is a load of shit anyway. If we picked Jreyn instead of Flanagan then the ave age and games would basically be even and Gussys stat/excuse wouldn’t exist. Outcome of the game would be no diff also

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have had the youngest team all year. He is just making excuses if we lose and if we win the club looks to have a great future.
Maybe he is just saying it as it is. Has that ever crossed your mind? Not an excuse, just a fact.