Official Gus on Twitter

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oloapu, Averillo and Wilson could give Croker a hard night
Wilson will be a very good fill in.. Caught my eye from day 1 pre season and a true competitor. Teamed up with JAC in the off season learning what he could from the Fox and its shown throughout the year.

I do worry about our wings though as bending the Raiders line will not be easy unless we tire their forwards which will be a mission.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Wilson has a blinder, we have some great headaches to look forward to. Kid is fast and can finish - Mould of a typical winger.
Tough to handle too once he gets going... Only issue will be hands early so hopefully nerves dont get the better of him.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough to handle too once he gets going... Only issue will be hands early so hopefully nerves dont get the better of him.
Yeah he’s prone to making the odd mistake. Not as good under the high ball but aside from that I think he’s an excellent young player. Much rather him over Casey.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah he’s prone to making the odd mistake. Not as good under the high ball but aside from that I think he’s an excellent young player. Much rather him over Casey.
He always bounces back like a champ though which is a true testament to his character.

Both kids are great fill ins along with Skelton. They're all a pleasure to have around the club and well liked too.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How exactly does it benefit the bulldogs tho???
Agree, what he said regarding the Knights has nothing to do with the Bulldogs, it’s solely a question of professionalism - if he gets penalised for that, the NRL have to investigate Billy Slater (QLD coach and Storm mentor), Cooper Cronk (Roosters Halves coach), Gordon Tallis (Titans ambassador), Freddy Fittler (NSW coach), Greg Alexander (NSW/Penrith), Braith Anasta (player manager) etc etc for their comments and if there’s any benefit to their associated teams

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is he awful? His efforts in those first few rounds with Max King set up our season and the culture with it. Don't underestimate what true gritty footy player with great work ethic brings to a team.
I agree mate. People on here just love to be dramatic and shit can every player that has a bad game. Few dropped balls, maybe giving away a few penalties too = worst footballer to ever pull on a Bulldogs jersey. Its fucking childish tbh.
Sutton was terrible against the sharks, but has been holding it down while our starting props were out injured. IMO he was bought as a bench prop, but has had to become a starter. Not what we were expecting of him, and he has probably not been the starting prop we wanted.

Upthadogs

New Pup
Reaction score
Agreed, very exciting player. I’ve watched the majority of the NSW Cup games and he has been very solid under the high ball with the exception of the first game. From what I’ve seen, the stats do not show how consistent he has been defensively.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree, what he said regarding the Knights has nothing to do with the Bulldogs, it’s solely a question of professionalism - if he gets penalised for that, the NRL have to investigate Billy Slater (QLD coach and Storm mentor), Cooper Cronk (Roosters Halves coach), Gordon Tallis (Titans ambassador), Freddy Fittler (NSW coach), Greg Alexander (NSW/Penrith), Braith Anasta (player manager) etc etc for their comments and if there’s any benefit to their associated teams
And every comment from every coach and administrator in the media... absolutely ridiculous, surely the NRLol have better things to address, such as, what exactly is a hip drop? Why are the refs so inconsistent? Why is the MRC so inconsistent in its rulings? Should there be a trade windows? How exactly are the Roosters and Rabbits rirting the cap?

Lunix86

Waterboy
Reaction score
he gets paid for his opinion on league related matters weather that's bulldogs or not.... this is gonna put alot of people out of the job if he gets penalised... I mean Kenty on 360 had his say also lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree mate. People on here just love to be dramatic and shit can every player that has a bad game. Few dropped balls, maybe giving away a few penalties too = worst footballer to ever pull on a Bulldogs jersey. Its fucking childish tbh.
Sutton was terrible against the sharks, but has been holding it down while our starting props were out injured. IMO he was bought as a bench prop, but has had to become a starter. Not what we were expecting of him, and he has probably not been the starting prop we wanted.
He gained enough respect filling in as a starting prop as did Kingy last year. Welcomed addition to squad and will be a awesome benchy for years to come.