Official Gus on Twitter

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What is ‘breading’ … is that something they only do at Penrith?
'Breading' is the way a half breed or as they like to say half bread from Penrith spells breeding.

People east of the yobbo majority town consider this to be a simple uneducated mistake whom have to try and hold their tongues
and acknowledge the mistake in ignorance as to not hurt any bodies feelings.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bad Carbs and sugar worse two things for the human body
I spent a couple of years living in france and given how famous france is for pastry, cheese and rich food, i was genuinely surprised that there were very few obese people. French peoe are very active, but i put it down to fresh quality products, and paddock to plate approach to food. Sure, there is a lot of over processed food there, but if your buying bread for example, its always fresh baked. You buy cheese at your local markets, and fruit and veg also. Less preservatives and additives to make it all stay fresh.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I see Brandon Burns getting moved on, Spencer leinu may be a Dog at the expense of Thompson, Waddell and Burns ,okunbour, Averillo too, look at our side and who's coming and developing, Averillo has nowhere to go in nxt yrs team I'd release him early in the yr if a team comes in for him
I see no benefit in moving Averillo on early.. give the local kid a chance to prove himself in this new environment.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What we don’t see today present is the work Gus is setting up all these players to come through. Mark my words this year will be a year we finally compete and play a good brand of football. What I’ve seen already in pre season had eclipsed everything since des arrived. Everyone’s cultural backgrounds coming together is something we haven’t even dug into. I can see how CC is a players coach on how to achieve maximum potential with the boys taking trust in each other. I’m sure 2024 will finally be the year we can all buy finals tickets and watch our boys compete for the title. Enjoy this start of journey boys because we are in for a sweet ride

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I see no benefit in moving Averillo on early.. give the local kid a chance to prove himself in this new environment.
Agreed, unless for some strange reason he is on a heap of cash, but I couldn’t imagine him taking up too much of the cap.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What we don’t see today present is the work Gus is setting up all these players to come through. Mark my words this year will be a year we finally compete and play a good brand of football. What I’ve seen already in pre season had eclipsed everything since des arrived. Everyone’s cultural backgrounds coming together is something we haven’t even dug into. I can see how CC is a players coach on how to achieve maximum potential with the boys taking trust in each other. I’m sure 2024 will finally be the year we can all buy finals tickets and watch our boys compete for the title. Enjoy this start of journey boys because we are in for a sweet ride
I agree mate ….

Someone recently asked Gus on Twitter whether the boys will be doing any army type training like the Panthers are doing, he said the teams not ready for that yet, watching the way Ciraldo has them working on bonding, trust, and fitness, I can see exactly what Gus meant by that reply, they definitely needed to come together as a team and start playing for each other first, and Ciraldo’s all over that.

I think this time next year a lot of fans are going to be hailing Ciraldo as the next SuperCoach .. he looks to me to be a very smart coach.

I think we’re going to see a very committed fast and fit team this year.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent a couple of years living in france and given how famous france is for pastry, cheese and rich food, i was genuinely surprised that there were very few obese people. French peoe are very active, but i put it down to fresh quality products, and paddock to plate approach to food. Sure, there is a lot of over processed food there, but if your buying bread for example, its always fresh baked. You buy cheese at your local markets, and fruit and veg also. Less preservatives and additives to make it all stay fresh.
Where abouts mate? Ever since visiting France a few years ago I’m obsessed. Been back once but would love an extended stay, or to live there.

The food, culture, history and women over there… c’est magnifique. When I was in Paris, went to a nearby bakery, got a warm baguette and french butter from the grocery store. The simple things are so good you don’t need anything else. I would rarely eat bread and butter here. We do have decent bread and butter available now though.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where abouts mate? Ever since visiting France a few years ago I’m obsessed. Been back once but would love an extended stay, or to live there.

The food, culture, history and women over there… c’est magnifique. When I was in Paris, went to a nearby bakery, got a warm baguette and french butter from the grocery store. The simple things are so good you don’t need anything else. I would rarely eat bread and butter here. We do have decent bread and butter available now though.
My wife and her family are from a small village called Avezac. Its roughly half way between Biaritz on the west coast, and Toulouse, at the footsteps of the Pyrenese.
While we were there we lived in a place called Pau. Beautiful little town of about 80 000ppl.
I absolutely loved my time there,and wod love to live there again some day. Stunning country, and despite peoples prejudice against the "arrogant french", they are wonderful people for the mist part.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree mate ….

Someone recently asked Gus on Twitter whether the boys will be doing any army type training like the Panthers are doing, he said the teams not ready for that yet, watching the way Ciraldo has them working on bonding, trust, and fitness, I can see exactly what Gus meant by that reply, they definitely needed to come together as a team and start playing for each other first, and Ciraldo’s all over that.

I think this time next year a lot of fans are going to be hailing Ciraldo as the next SuperCoach .. he looks to me to be a very smart coach.

I think we’re going to see a very committed fast and fit team this year.
That’s exactly why CC has them all bonding this year because it will be 99% easier for all of them to get along next year with and few signings coming to us meaning we will then focus on these army type training. However don’t forget we are training in Robert Whittaker’s gym so it’s a start and his not leaving anything off the table to smack some sense into them. I guess the first step of earning the respect off the boys is to get them all trusting and bonding before stepping up to put them through their paces.

I’m feeling like the way we are planning to play this year is simple but effective using everyone’s strengths. Yes we will have game plans but we will also be riding on them all to learn to trust each other and understand each other’s games. I’m so excited with kiks effort in the way his harnessing his winning culture and pouring that onto the boys. Considering his dad just died not long ago.. he could of just taken more time off and not been the signing we hoped it would of been. But I can see a lot of players such as max king etc just playing way more out of their skin. It’s just good to finally see what the team can do now especially given we have a hooker since Michael ennis that we can depend on.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s exactly why CC has them all bonding this year because it will be 99% easier for all of them to get along next year with and few signings coming to us meaning we will then focus on these army type training. However don’t forget we are training in Robert Whittaker’s gym so it’s a start and his not leaving anything off the table to smack some sense into them. I guess the first step of earning the respect off the boys is to get them all trusting and bonding before stepping up to put them through their paces.

I’m feeling like the way we are planning to play this year is simple but effective using everyone’s strengths. Yes we will have game plans but we will also be riding on them all to learn to trust each other and understand each other’s games. I’m so excited with kiks effort in the way his harnessing his winning culture and pouring that onto the boys. Considering his dad just died not long ago.. he could of just taken more time off and not been the signing we hoped it would of been. But I can see a lot of players such as max king etc just playing way more out of their skin. It’s just good to finally see what the team can do now especially given we have a hooker since Michael ennis that we can depend on.
Yes mate, a lot of us fans are excited, bring on the footy …

I agree with you on the simplified game plan and trust, plus I think of the back of that we’re going to see a much faster style of play and the whole team not be afraid to promote the ball ..

I’m looking forward to speed of our line, getting in the oppositions face, and playing an exciting brand of footy …

Does anyone know what role Mick Potters playing within the team and what CC has him focusing on ?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes mate, a lot of us fans are excited, bring on the footy …

I agree with you on the simplified game plan and trust, plus I think of the back of that we’re going to see a much faster style of play and the whole team not be afraid to promote the ball ..

I’m looking forward to speed of our line, getting in the oppositions face, and playing an exciting brand of footy …

Does anyone know what role Mick Potters playing within the team and what CC has him focusing on ?
Attacking coach brother

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Keto diet cuts out the biggest killer that dietitians don't tell us about that are hidden in a shit load of foods they portray as healthy. It's "SUGAR" and it's in all carbs including cereals and other processed foods. And yes, the Keto diet will make you shed weight like a mother fucker. It's just a very difficult diet to navigate around having a young family to cater for with school etc and also depending on your work. But it works 100%.
It’s very difficult for anyone. You’re right about the sugar. It’s always been the sugar rather than the fat. The sugar industry did a nice decades long propaganda campaign on that one.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s very difficult for anyone. You’re right about the sugar. It’s always been the sugar rather than the fat. The sugar industry did a nice decades long propaganda campaign on that one.
Wrong! sugar does not make you fat!!