Official Gus on Twitter

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kent..he is the one that is a punchy kient aye? Probably got jack of him wanting to fight when they often proved him wrong.
Also, did Sterlo actually get pushed? I thought he maybe just decided it was time.Is 60 odd likely rolling in cash, lives on the central coast(I think)time to pull the pin and fully retire.
Though on the other hand it's hardly work what they do.. and he is panels better than nearly all the younger blokes on there.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kent..he is the one that is a punchy kient aye? Probably got jack of him wanting to fight when they often proved him wrong.
Also, did Sterlo actually get pushed? I thought he maybe just decided it was time.Is 60 odd likely rolling in cash, lives on the central coast(I think)time to pull the pin and fully retire.
Though on the other hand it's hardly work what they do.. and he is panels better than nearly all the younger blokes on there.
Sterling is probably the best league analyst ever . . . " If we freeze the play there" . . . He invented that shit

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both are definitely LEGENDS of the game. For me, both deserve immortal without a shadow of doubt. Lamb Played in both eras of the the 5/10m rule. Represented State. Played every game on a kangaroo tour. Won Premierships. He is the best I've seen. That's no disrespect to Mortimer. Purely based on what I mentioned above.
IMO - Terry Lamb is the greatest ever Club Footballer of All time, as he had a bigger influence on his club team's result every time he ran out than any other player.

You knew if Baa was in the team we always had a great chance of victory that day & he could always pull our average teams over the line for a win.

Unfortunately he was in an era that included Wally Lewis, Brett Kenny & later Cliffy Lions who the selectors put ahead of him.

And through rep football selection is where they seem to only look at Immortal Status.

However, without actually knowing the statistics I would say that Baa had a better club record & most definitely a bigger club influence than all of the above.

I'm just so blessed to have witnessed what he did for our Bulldogs.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree he looks fresh as the artful dodger.I was also wondering though is he standing on something in that pic with Matty lol
I would think so. I doubt Gus is that tall and iirc Burton was surprisingly
3 out of the 5 are Dogs

What Sterlo says, is what always sticks in my mind when thinking about Baa. He was always there in support. You knew as a fan, that if a break was made, Baa would invariably be there to finish or help finish it with a try. It’s a remarkable quality tbh.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think so. I doubt Gus is that tall and iirc Burton was surprisingly

What Sterlo says, is what always sticks in my mind when thinking about Baa. He was always there in support. You knew as a fan, that if a break was made, Baa would invariably be there to finish or help finish it with a try. It’s a remarkable quality tbh.
Terry Lamb was and will always be

"THE BEST BACKER-UPPERER" In the game.
A term made up only for him if you remember listening to the commentary covering his games.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IMO - Terry Lamb is the greatest ever Club Footballer of All time, as he had a bigger influence on his club team's result every time he ran out than any other player.

You knew if Baa was in the team we always had a great chance of victory that day & he could always pull our average teams over the line for a win.

Unfortunately he was in an era that included Wally Lewis, Brett Kenny & later Cliffy Lions who the selectors put ahead of him.

And through rep football selection is where they seem to only look at Immortal Status.

However, without actually knowing the statistics I would say that Baa had a better club record & most definitely a bigger club influence than all of the above.

I'm just so blessed to have witnessed what he did for our Bulldogs.
Me too Papa..saw IT ALL.
And i'm not sure everyone fully acknowledges too that he carved it up from 80-83 in first grade at West's too from a young age, 19..I love this little fucken champion like a brother from another mother :hearteyes: