Official Gus on Twitter

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson off the bench would be a useless interchange imo, we've got a new coach and a new roster so I think it's time for a new captain too.
Maybe you are right Rogerio but I just can’t see the captain being dropped this year. Think he’ll be able to finish on his terms in 2023 and then after that he is off contract so if he stays it will be on the clubs/coaches terms.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you are right Rogerio but I just can’t see the captain being dropped this year. Think he’ll be able to finish on his terms in 2023 and then after that he is off contract so if he stays it will be on the clubs/coaches terms.
No I agree 100%, he will play next year and almost certainly will start. But 23 should definitely be his last with us, it's time to move in a different direction I think.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No I agree 100%, he will play next year and almost certainly will start. But 23 should definitely be his last with us, it's time to move in a different direction I think.
He has earnt the right to retire when he wants to, thats the bulldogs way. He is not a selfish player, he wont play past his used by date.
The players love and respect him

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has earnt the right to retire when he wants to, thats the bulldogs way. He is not a selfish player, he wont play past his used by date.
The Bulldogs way is to win.

If he can't help us won then I don't give a shit if he's not starting or even on the bench.

Enough of this sentimental stuff. Winning is what it's all about

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

If he can't help us won then I don't give a shit if he's not starting or even on the bench.

He is the glue of the side, has plenty left in him
You need balance, he does all 1% who is going to do his 40!plus tackles?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has a different opinion when it comes to Jackson and that's ok, I'd like to think every Bulldogs fan appreciates and respects the blood sweat and tears that he's put into the jersey over the years and I'm sure we all want him to go out as a winner however I personally think there's an argument that can be made as to whether he's already passed his used by date as an effective edge forward or lock in the modern game.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson is playing OK and will get another year. But I just hope its not as skipper as he cannot handle it.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
mate he has already played past he used by date.
Players don’t retire on own terms. We as a club should decide when it’s time for the player to move on.
Sorry I totally disagree with you on this one, no player is bigger then the club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is the glue of the side, has plenty left in him
You need balance, he does all 1% who is going to do his 40!plus tackles?
King does it, already is. Up to everyone else to.lift their workrate.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
King does it, already is. Up to everyone else to.lift their workrate.
TPJ and Pele will have excellent workrates next year in 2023, Omar’s source suggests so.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He has certainly been through some tough times, but he knows better than most that you cannot afford to carry a player just because they have been a great servant to the club. I trust that Ciraldo will have an honest conversation with him.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
mate he has already played past he used by date.
Players don’t retire on own terms. We as a club should decide when it’s time for the player to move on.
Sorry I totally disagree with you on this one, no player is bigger then the club.
Look at Cronulla & Fifita. A GF hero & they couldn't find a spot for him.