Official Gus on Twitter

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will probably never like all the commentators. I think Billy Slater and James are pretty good. James like Rabs remains professional and non biased and so does Billy unless Gallen starts. How Gallen still has a job is beyond me and SBW just sounds punch drunk when he speaks, I just want to stab a fork in both ears when he's on.
Save your ears change the channel for couple of minutes :tearsofjoy:

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ch 9 needs a clean out. Firstly Id replace Mathew Thompson with that bloke who does Ozzy Man Review on youtube. SBW can be replaced with a sack of potatoes. Gal can go and clean toilets at the Broncos. There, 50% improvement already.
Agreed. Thompson is so bad.. he was harping on about Cleary being on 49 tries for about 15 mins. Could tell he was pissing Joey off with some of his commentating. I feel like Gus is slowly stepping away from media duties as well. He used to annoy me but now that we have to sit through Slater trying to break the game down I really miss Gus

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Thompson is so bad.. he was harping on about Cleary being on 49 tries for about 15 mins. Could tell he was pissing Joey off with some of his commentating. I feel like Gus is slowly stepping away from media duties as well. He used to annoy me but now that we have to sit through Slater trying to break the game down I really miss Gus
I actually dont mind Slater. Hated him as a player but he was good. Out coached Fitler on debut. Gus use to annoy me too but not so much now that he is with us. I usually watch Kayo but got rid of it till next season.
I prefer commentary to be ego free and non biased (as much as can be). Blokes like Eastlake, Rabs and Richie Benaud are standouts.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
This is what happens when you cuck to the pc overlords.

Rabs, Fatty and Sterlo gone and Billy Slater has the final word in the pre match build up over Gus.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thompson is a turkey, Penrith already had the game wrapped and they scored another try he goes "that is the try that could win them the Grand Final".

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ch 9 needs a clean out. Firstly Id replace Mathew Thompson with that bloke who does Ozzy Man Review on youtube. SBW can be replaced with a sack of potatoes. Gal can go and clean toilets at the Broncos. There, 50% improvement already.
There a few blokes on Radio you would listen to all day...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Channel 9 should brig back Andrew Voss at any cost otherwise they are doomed.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ciraldo needs to get the boys fit and working as a unit. If he can do that then I think performances will improve across the board although I think I've said the same thing pretty much every offseason haha. We definitely need another quality middle, King is going to have to carry our back at this rate.
Mahoney will make all the difference too. He will get Burton outside his man. We need to use Kikau correctly and that left side could be amazing

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's unlike Gus to remind everyone when he's right. Seriously though, IMO he could deservedly come out and take full credit for where Penrith's at right now cause it's their junior system and academy that's letting them replace like for like as players get too expensive to keep. He didn't do it all himself but take anyone else out of the equation and it would still have happened, but take Gus out, and it wouldn't. Go fk yourself Rothfield.

We have to do things a bit differently to Penrith, with a smaller junior base, but the systems we're starting in our local juniors, plus NSW North Coast and Toowoomba / SW QLD, will pay off big time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Need kennel commentary tbh

Imagine nasheed, dave holland and flanagun as a trio.

The poor bloke will have to switch between 3 accents on the run.

Wasn’t there a Kennel radio before lol? Back when there was a gaming section + currency
@south of heaven would have to lead the kennel commentary for sure.

I can give sideline insults, I mean comments lol