Official Gus on Twitter

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lismore has been flooding since before cars and roads existed - it is low lying and right in a major river. Just like Grafton where I lived. Nothing to do with roads. It floods more recently due to the ridiculous amount of rain we have been getting (I’d say climate change but even if not just very unlucky to rain so much so often - big rain events 3 times a year v once every 10 years)

I’d agree Sw Sydney while a flood zone is suffering from urbanisation Causing more run off and floods
Back living in Grafton.. the levee wall has saved our asses too many times.. town used to flood, and will again one day

Reactions: CCC

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lismore has been flooding since before cars and roads existed - it is low lying and right in a major river. Just like Grafton where I lived. Nothing to do with roads. It floods more recently due to the ridiculous amount of rain we have been getting (I’d say climate change but even if not just very unlucky to rain so much so often - big rain events 3 times a year v once every 10 years)

I’d agree Sw Sydney while a flood zone is suffering from urbanisation Causing more run off and floods
The floods having nothing to do with "climate change". The BOM and SMH historical archives shows alternating years of huge floods and droughts going back to the 1800's decades before the motor car was invented and put into mass production.