Official Gus on Twitter

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SHOOSH

The Bulldogs should thank News Corp for saving their sponsorship deal with hotel billionaire Arthur Laundy. It was our exclusive story last week, that Laundy felt unwanted at Belmore and was set to walk away, that forced Phil Gould to act and invite his major sponsor to Belmore to patch-up the relationship.

BAHAHAHAAH BUZZ wants credit ..
If laundy stays he will not get the front jersey, it will be occupied by a real sponsor.
He can take care of what he claims to want to do, looking after players after football issues.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
More free advertising & promotion for the Laundy group this time via DT.

Mitsi

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gus can never say no to Dion who is a south sydney supporter

Someone hit her up to send a few questions Gus' way

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Gould's comments that he hasnt even thought about a new coach are true (which i doubt they are) than surely he is not doing his job. I would hope a journalist could ask him why he isnt doing his job - where is the sense of urgency - so lacking on the field - to get things done.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Gould's comments that he hasnt even thought about a new coach are true (which i doubt they are) than surely he is not doing his job. I would hope a journalist could ask him why he isnt doing his job - where is the sense of urgency - so lacking on the field - to get things done.
Surely not.

but Sense of urgency has been a problem at this club for a very long time.!!! Hence the position we are in.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t believe everything you read mate. I highly , highly doubt Gus would get up in the morning and write down his to do list as :

1. Sell Flanno
2. Sell Thommo
3. Sell Jacko
4. Sell Allen
5. Hire a pro to whack Waddell
6. Make sure TPJ goes to his shrink

Then realise :

7. Shit, forgot to put down look for a coach

He knows who he wants. To me either Freddy or Ciraldo. It contradicts what he says about an experienced coach but he will spin some shit about Freddy doing origin and Ciraldo having been a coach for over 10 years

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t believe everything you read mate. I highly , highly doubt Gus would get up in the morning and write down his to do list as :

1. Sell Flanno
2. Sell Thommo
3. Sell Jacko
4. Sell Allen

Then realise :

He knows who he wants. To me either Freddy or Ciraldo. It contradicts what he says about an experienced coach but he will spin some shit about Freddy doing origin and Ciraldo having been a coach for over 10 years
Thats my point - what he is saying to the media i believe is a long way from the truth - he would have been giving thought to the new coach well before Barrett left. I hope its not Fittler - just cannot envisage him doing the daily grind needed of first grade coach - no doubt he could attract players - but would need some good assistants to do a lot of the work.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Ciraldo has said no, and Freddy well maybe he has said he will discuss after Origin. Remember Freddy had that rule that players could not be distracted by contract talks during Origin... Not sure how Hass got picked then but I guess he is all back on deck at Broncos again.

Flanno seems to have shot himself in the foot with all his talk on Fox and DT. Slim pickings beyond that, Jim Dymock may end up as the last man standing.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

1. Sell Flanno
2. Sell Thommo
3. Sell Jacko
4. Sell Allen

Then realise :

Apparently Ciraldo has signed a 1 yr extension.
With a clause he can get out if the right job came along.
Which is definitely not us!

Malla

Reaction score
Ciraldo shit player probably going to be a shit coach
Not hard to look good in that Penrith system both for players and coaches
Barrett...shit
Cleary....was a shit coach before he ended up at Penrith (the second time)

Who else? They're all shit. He can go Tigers and be a flop.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett...shit

Agreed tbaz was apparently a gun coach there

Malla

Reaction score
Agreed tbaz was apparently a gun coach there
I am sure their head of performance Hayden Knowles is not at Knights, was at Penrith last season.

Whats he up to now at Knights? Up shit creek.

Penrith's reason for success are obviously having the best young juniors coming through their region, but also the centre of excellence. They have all the tools and the technology to be a step ahead of everyone else. Anyone who steps away from that struggles because it's not the same. They realise oh fuck I have to actually do some real work and build this team from the ground up, go out and recruit, manage players personalities etc.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I am pretty certain Gus only wants Ciraldo or Freddy because he can still maintain control with either of those 2 as they will be his bitch.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan is the only answer. Here’s why.

If we get someone like dymock , Fittler, ciraldo, and they go through a tough period, how are we to know that they’ll know how to get out of the rut? We know for a fact Shane will be able to, therefore we won’t be calling for his head

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barrett...shit

All the best coaches were shit players
Bennett
Robinson
Bellamy
Gould
Maguire
Sheens
Cleary

Not one there with NSW or Australian rep honours

All premiership winning coaches

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Barrett...shit

Shit players make great coaches most of time. Just saying...

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
All the best coaches were shit players
Bennett
Robinson
Bellamy
Gould
Maguire
Sheens
Cleary

Not one there with NSW or Australian rep honours

All premiership winning coaches
you beat me to it. I totally agree and it's not just in the NRL either.