Reaction score
Lol. Based on $100k minimum wage ;

Allen on $450k. That’s $350k to us

Flanno on $500k. $400k to us

Naden on $400k. $300k to us

Stimson on $350k. $250k to us

Jacko on $700k. $500k to us

Thommo on $800k. $350k to us

That’s $2 million already and I have only scratched the surface.

Disclaimer - player salaries have only been estimated and I don’t have access to the books like Dave Holland and Isaac
No you don't clown

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I agree. There is a loser attitude either inherintly ingrained into the joint or lack of confidence or bad attitude that permeates the club's dna at this point in our team.

It's gonna take a heap of changes and improvements to get it back on track.
We need an out and out superstar like a Ben Barba, as well as a coach that can unlock him.

It will then give confidence to the players around him and have them all playing better.

But that kind of player comes one in 20 years, so it could be a while yet....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jacko is in the same situation any professional is faced with whether a footy player, an elite sports person, even brain surgeon in your work/life cycle.

Slowly, gradually, eventually, after maintaining your elite performance for several years, you come off your peak and start to regress. The younger competitors start catching you up and you struggle to keep up to your previous standards.

No matter the loyalty and value you once provided, and the hard yards you've put in, it must be faced that new players, and employees, are waiting for their turn to shine and replace you.

It's no disgrace, and transitioning to retirement and new horizons should be as natural as the anticipation of first starting your career.

Jacko's first grade career is approaching that time and all due respect to him with that eventuality.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except Jackson asked to take a paycut recently and pretty sure Gus mentioned Tamou offering to do the same at the Panthers.
He offered that knowing even if the Bulldogs agreed. NRL salary cap rules don’t allow this to happen.

A registered NRL contract cannot be down scaled.

Only if a player retires or is medically retired can the allocated money under the salary cap to that player be dropped.

It’s why we have been paying players to play for other clubs for years!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He offered that knowing even if the Bulldogs agreed. NRL salary cap rules don’t allow this to happen.

Only if a player retires or is medically retired can the allocated money under the salary cap to that player be dropped.

I think it can but the player needs to sign an extension, swear it's happened before like that.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a show of faith to coming to the dogs next year I think they should make Reed Mahoney be our captain. As an 80 minute player and someone who leads by example I'm hoping he could replicate what Cameron Smith did for the Storm. Thoughts?
If Jacko keeps playing he should at least step down from the captaincy, if not be stripped. Mahoney looks the sort of player who could come straight in and do it. Doesn't look too bigheaded and already plays like a leader at Parra. I'd be happy with JAC too, to put a bit less pressure on Mahoney, who will still be a leader in the middle anyway.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d happily watch us lose if it guarantees Baz being sacked. Cmon KP, tear us a new one Friday night
That's what I was thinking...
Im torn between wanting us to win vs ensuring Tbaz gets sacked.

I think I'm still clinging onto the hope we can turn our season around. Then I think about all the dumb players in our team or players thinking they are more than they really are, and I get all depressed again.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can’t handle another spoon so a win is needed

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty and Jackson and Thompson to go, to much cap or useless
I think you are right with all 3. Dufty doesn’t commit at all. Jackson looks dazed and confused - even in the press conferences and Thompson has turned into Klemmer. Just runs straight and so predictable. He needs to mix his attack up a bit.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I think that was to help the club sign players & retain young talent. It wasn’t an admission that they were playing shit.
But he is playing shit and he knows it.

Also, he offered knowing that his remuneration does not match his input on the field

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gotta say Towelli I have had some great achievements in life though creating names like TBallz and Waddles are up there. On the other hand I am very disappointed in myself for not coming up with Knockonbor (Solid) and Floppa.
My claim to fame is JuNK and DUMBty lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Baz loses next 2 games he’s gone
That not really news tbh... Its an obvious outlook at things.

I can see Furner taking over for the rest of the year whilst an incoming coach is sorted for 2023.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That not really news tbh... Its an obvious outlook at things.

I can see Furner taking over for the rest of the year whilst an incoming coach is sorted for 2023.
I’m a massive Baz fan but I can’t defend him anymore. If Baz gets the sack the last bloke I would want to replace him is furner. If Baz goes so should all his assistants especially furner and free Big Mac’s Ferris imo

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacko is in the same situation any professional is faced with whether a footy player, an elite sports person, even brain surgeon in your work/life cycle.

Slowly, gradually, eventually, after maintaining your elite performance for several years, you come off your peak and start to regress. The younger competitors start catching you up and you struggle to keep up to your previous standards.

No matter the loyalty and value you once provided, and the hard yards you've put in, it must be faced that new players, and employees, are waiting for their turn to shine and replace you.

It's no disgrace, and transitioning to retirement and new horizons should be as natural as the anticipation of first starting your career.

Jacko's first grade career is approaching that time and all due respect to him with that eventuality.
hopefully 'that time' is the end of this season and he doesnt go into 'overtime' and try and play 2023

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking...
Im torn between wanting us to win vs ensuring Tbaz gets sacked.

I think I'm still clinging onto the hope we can turn our season around. Then I think about all the dumb players in our team or players thinking they are more than they really are, and I get all depressed again.
Question for you mate.

Is Flanagan your go-to coach in the event he gets sacked?

My worry is he is probably the best available (along with Green) - but with many clubs in similar scenario (Tigers, Titans, Warriors), are we best to pull that trigger sooner to guarantee he comes across?