Official Gus on Twitter

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gould tweeted yesterday that Naden and Addo Carr wont play first trial nor will Burton (covid). I assume Doorey and RFM are still not ready - 25 of top 30 left. Will be a NSW Cup trial on same day
Doorey long way off pretty sure.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The are uncertainties for 3 positions The Halfback 1 Centre and 1 Wing, the rest of the team pick themselves and their form will influence their selections for the first round !
Unless of course TBaz had already reported to you what the selected team is going to be :grinning:
You really don't want to give up on this halfback thing lol. All the promotional material has Jake at 7, all reports from people that have attended training have Jake at 7, etc. So unless everyone is telling lies or the club is being ultra secretive and running dodgey sessions then Jake will start at 7.

Right centre is the only position I believe is up for grabs and that will go to Burns or Alamoti, Schoupp doesn't seem to be in the mould of centre Baz wants and hasn't had a full preseason either. Wing will be Okunbor because our back 3 will be totally undersized without him, fucked if we're going to get sets rolling if we're relying on JAC and Dufty on those early tackle carries.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You really don't want to give up on this halfback thing lol. All the promotional material has Jake at 7, all reports from people that have attended training have Jake at 7, etc. So unless everyone is telling lies or the club is being ultra secretive and running dodgey sessions then Jake will start at 7.

Right centre is the only position I believe is up for grabs and that will go to Burns or Alamoti, Schoupp doesn't seem to be in the mould of centre Baz wants and hasn't had a full preseason either. Wing will be Okunbor because our back 3 will be totally undersized without him, fucked if we're going to get sets rolling if we're relying on JAC and Dufty on those early tackle carries.
Tend to agree - smaller, lightweight carriers from the back of the field are better off running from dummy half or hanging around hoping for a offload - one off the ruck runs leave it to the bigger bodies.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus has tweeted Mavoni Tuifua ex Wests Tigers & Judda Turahui ex Storm were on Dog's development contracts, but as Gus has quoted rugby league changes daily due to salary cap constraints, trial form etc
Cheers mate, that is good news.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha doggies cup cakes for the visitors from the big smoke! That was my initial thought @Philmus but the way he said it, it's something that hasn't been announced. I mean, when I saw that they were in Bundaberg, I assumed because we are playing there, but that it wasn't in the original season draw. Could be a sponsorship with bundy rum?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bundy Rum, wouldn't be a bad sponsor and they need an NRL Sydney club to promote in NSW. They are pretty Cowboys loyal, but that shouldn't stop them, plus they sponsor the Waratahs which may not be that hard to steal. Bundaberg Brewed Drinks, privately owned by Australians, they make the Bundy Ginger Beer and are not associated with Bundy Rum which is owned by a pommy company.

What else comes from Bundaberg, Macadamia nuts or AustChilli they are the largest chilli producer in Australia.
Kalki Moon Gin. Try it its great. Family factory in Bundaberg. going places. I think Dan Murphy stock it. Very very good gin at a reasonable price.
Always a Bulldog

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trial form is going to have very little bearing on the final 17, the only surprises are going to be for people who don't know how trials work
Agree with this. Baz would know his ideal 17 now.
The only thing that could change that with trials will be injury or someone totally jumps out and kills it.

I do think the right centre & right wing positions are still up for grabs. I think this area will see a few different combinations over the trials.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't we have an away game there this year?
Round 21 vs Cowboys @ Salter Oval (it's a home game).

I really hate it when home ground advantage is forfeited - we seem to do it once a season in the spirit of development.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 21 vs Cowboys @ Salter Oval (it's a home game).

I really hate it when home ground advantage is forfeited - we seem to do it once a season in the spirit of development.
I hate this also. We should be proactive in selecting a regional area as our own. Put money into that area & develop junior talent. Take our home game to that region every year.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bundaberg - They are not going to be the 5th Queensland Team - 1000km south of Townsville and a 360km north of Brisbane

You never know they may produce another Pat O'Hanlon!!

or maybe a Mal Meninga

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Fuk me the niff nuffs on here, jake is 7 and there is no debate. Hetherington just came out and said they are working on their combination.
Jake was easily in our top3 players last year.
The only contested positions are right centre and wing and the bench rotation

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuk me the niff nuffs on here, jake is 7 and there is no debate. Hetherington just came out and said they are working on their combination.
Jake was easily in our top3 players last year.
The only contested positions are right centre and wing and the bench rotation
Burton will be centre while Jake and Flano run the team.....