Official Gus on Twitter

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if it was us his manager referred to as the club he wanted to hear from? Maybe so he could use us to drive his price up even more?

Cheese may be just acting under his manager’s orders, but he’ll want to be careful he doesn’t become another millionaire player forever condemned because he can’t play to the unrealistic expectations his obscenely large contract dictates.
I think it was the Roosters

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
So then it wasn't "a done deal" and was only in the negotiating process? LOL perhaps it's not me who needs to (calm down)
I get what your saying, what if the term "done deal" was a handshake deal and hes backflipped.. maybe the bloke claiming it was a done deal, actually was.
Who knows.. i think all this so called "claiming" should be taken with a grain of salt.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cheese is a very good player. A player I have wanted to come to dogs for some time. A player that would change the whole dynamic of any club he went to.

With it becoming clearer he is only after a pay cheque he is not the player we need to be going after. We need players that want to be a Bulldog.
Almost every professional athlete will follow the money.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I get what your saying, what if the term "done deal" was a handshake deal and hes backflipped.. maybe the bloke claiming it was a done deal, actually was.
Who knows.. i think all this so called "claiming" should be taken with a grain of salt.
You can't back flip a "done deal" unless the club let's it happen. It's just all BS tbh.

Reactions: 88

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro since day dot he has been playing games seeking attention and naming numerous clubs. One minute he’s quoted saying he won’t leave the Storm and the next he’s wanting to go back to QLD because his family is there and his partners family is there and now the latest is that he’s got up to 4-5 clubs chasing him with massive money offers and he hasn’t received any news from the club he was hoping from which was the Roosters because it was advertised that their email / computer system was down. The guy is a attention whore and playing the fans.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Bro since day dot he has been playing games seeking attention and naming numerous clubs. One minute he’s quoted saying he won’t leave the Storm and the next he’s wanting to go back to QLD because his family is there and his partners family is there and now the latest is that he’s got up to 4-5 clubs chasing him with massive money offers and he hasn’t received any news from the club he was hoping from which was the Roosters because it was advertised that their email / computer system was down. The guy is a attention whore and playing the fans.
I dont doubt you mate, the ones giving him the undue attention are the real losers tbh.
Look at the postcode youre from, alot of shit talkers out there haha but u just take it with a grain of salt and give em shit all attention.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve loved Smith for a while because he’s from Waiheke Island, where I’m from and it’s my juniors, the mighty Rams.

He would make a great bulldog but I feel it would be announced by now if he was coming, if he wanted to be a bulldog it would have happened, we aren’t going to win a price war against the Roosters or Dolphins

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont doubt you mate, the ones giving him the undue attention are the real losers tbh.
Look at the postcode youre from, alot of shit talkers out there haha but u just take it with a grain of salt and give em shit all attention.
Agreed my man. Grain of salt.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve got no clue what would be a big thing for us at the club right now, considering we are definitely not signing anyone anymore and it wouldn’t be thompson or asiata news as phil gould would count that as big news as a positive thing. Has anyone asked gus if thompson and asiata rumours are true?
Just wait for social media to do its thing and then watch the "usuals" come out with their insider info claims not long after LOL

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve got no clue what would be a big thing for us at the club right now, considering we are definitely not signing anyone anymore and it wouldn’t be thompson or asiata news as phil gould would count that as big news as a positive thing. Has anyone asked gus if thompson and asiata rumours are true?
From memory we have 9 spots available in the 30 for 2023, why wouldn't we sign players now (or soon) to fill some of those spots?

Always a Bulldog

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
From memory we have 9 spots available in the 30 for 2023, why wouldn't we sign players now (or soon) to fill some of those spots?

Always a Bulldog
Because we have no good cap space? The most expensive off contract would be rfm who is probably on 450k or somewhere there so i would definitely say we probably arent signing anyone amazing if we are signing anyone. I say we resign doorey, topine, dufty, wakeham pit of all the off contract as 3/4 are local juniors and could be great depth but i could be wrong but i think this isnt any signing news to me. Just my opinion and i respect yours aswell as it’s possible but we will see i guess