Official Gus on Twitter

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How in all fuck is the salary cap full next year and tight for 2023…. Yeah we signed some decent player but there is a lot of shit in there
Suspect he's probably exaggerating a little and not wanting to give too much away prior to any future negotiations. Also lower supporter expectations so he can under promise and over deliver.

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully all the cheese to the dogs threads can die a natural death. A shame, but time to move on.
Cheese is a very good player. A player I have wanted to come to dogs for some time. A player that would change the whole dynamic of any club he went to.

With it becoming clearer he is only after a pay cheque he is not the player we need to be going after. We need players that want to be a Bulldog.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cheese is a very good player. A player I have wanted to come to dogs for some time. A player that would change the whole dynamic of any club he went to.

With it becoming clearer he is only after a pay cheque he is not the player we need to be going after. We need players that want to be a Bulldog.
Couldn’t agree more with you. By 2023 there would be other options available that wouldn’t demand the money Smith wants. No one knew of Grant a few years ago. We can’t keep topping up with stars as it’ll blow out our cap, we need juniors to come through that will make us a force.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So then it wasn't "a done deal" and was only in the negotiating process? LOL perhaps it's not me who needs to (calm down)
Wonder if it was us his manager referred to as the club he wanted to hear from? Maybe so he could use us to drive his price up even more?

Cheese may be just acting under his manager’s orders, but he’ll want to be careful he doesn’t become another millionaire player forever condemned because he can’t play to the unrealistic expectations his obscenely large contract dictates.