Official Gus on Twitter

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably made worse by the fact that we’re carrying most if not all Jacko’s final year in the cap this year, making the possibility of going to market harder.
To make it worst most of his could have excempt from cap if playing long service payments

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way to 5 no way to 3 Gus knows he dosnt have 3 years… TK is pulling its hair out conceding this year to injury…they don’t perform next year there will be far more pressure than just the loose units on TK.
For sure, it has to be a finals or near finals year at a minimum… anything below 10th would be unacceptable, 7-8th is a pass mark and 1-6th exceeds expectations.

Below 10th heads will roll, whose, I don’t know - but another sh!thouse season won’t stand up amongst fans.

This year giving the benefit of the doubt to unprecedented injuries, unexpected Origin representatives and a very young inexperienced team.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure, it has to be a finals or near finals year at a minimum… anything below 10th would be unacceptable, 7-8th is a pass mark and 1-6th exceeds expectations.

Below 10th heads will roll, whose, I don’t know - but another sh!thouse season won’t stand up amongst fans.

This year giving the benefit of the doubt to unprecedented injuries, unexpected Origin representatives and a very young inexperienced team.
Think your spot on mate, but apart from on field which is everything on here; building memberships, sponsors and other goodwill interests club seems healthier.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Think your spot on mate, but apart from on field which is everything on here; building memberships, sponsors and other goodwill interests club seems healthier.
Think that was following kikau Mahoney coming with Ciro and the other additions year before like Jac burton etc.

Critta xerri next year is the only positive at the moment and we need a lot more as we can see!

After a certain amount of time it’s gonna turn nasty if results aren’t on field.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think that was following kikau Mahoney coming with Ciro and the other additions year before like Jac burton etc.

Critta xerri next year is the only positive at the moment and we need a lot more as we can see!

After a certain amount of time it’s gonna turn nasty if results aren’t on field.
Critta and Xerri will demand more from Burton and the other backs in general.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I have no doubt he is working incredibly hard. Twitter might be how he lets off steam. Others do it in here by starting unnecessary threads and criticising like only an armchair expert can :tearsofjoy: I can understand both sides it’s just if people read the play it’s obvious by now what Gus strategy is.
There's nothing wrong with an armchair critic until they are proven wrong....

You wanna shut them up?
Prove them wrong.

End of.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patients isn't something the kiddies are taught these days. I'm referring to the bulldogs supporters not the playing group. Gus appears to be working his ass off and as he warned CC before he took the job, it was going to be a tough stretch. Which tells me that Gus had a pretty clear idea of where the club was at then and no doubt now.
We have had much worse holding his position so it is the impatients of some on here that is the issue not the people running the club.
But I have no illusions anything on TK is going to change ever. So I guess I'm writing this to those with patients and understanding. Arguing with the kiddies will do your head in.
Patience my friend.....

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s our props and 7 I’m worried about. Our backs are looking good with those 2 and Jac and kiraz
We are playing D.Safiti this weekend who i think is a good chance of coming to the dogs so will be Interesting to see how he goes. If he rips in and has a blinder you bet he will be here in 2024.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We are playing D.Safiti this weekend who i think is a good chance of coming to the dogs so will be Interesting to see how he goes. If he rips in and has a blinder you bet he will be here in 2024.
I’d be happy with him at this stage.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with an armchair critic until they are proven wrong....

You wanna shut them up?
Prove them wrong.

End of.
Sweet bro I don’t really care either way people are entitled to their opinions I’m just making a point of Gus strategy.