Official Gus on Twitter

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im wondering how Gus will use Twitter during the competition - will be interesting responding to tweets after a loss!

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If people are into scamming videos check out Jim Browning and Scammer Payback. Most videos are long, but it's good to see them troll and catch scammers out. It's more widespread and serious than most people think
Gee thanks, I just spent the last 2 hours over there watching it

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
After the crap he dished up last year, he needs to start the year in NSW cup, if he dominates then he may get called up for another chance, however if he can't dominate in reserve grade then that's about as far as his career is gonna take him.
Agreed Roger.

There has been so much talk around Flanagan - he was really hyped before the season began.

I think the reality is that he looked better in a strong Roosters team than he really is.

Roosters don't let good players go and Flanagan was really exposed in our weaker side.

It's really disappointing because the club probably thought they had the troublesome halfback problem solved (and he is a top notch goal kicker too).

But he has had numerous opportunities in first grade and failed to deliver on any occasion (other than that great cut-out pass to set up a try in our first game of the season - but it was pretty much all downhill from there).

I understand that someone could say it was hard for anyone to look good in the rabble of our 2021 team, but it just doesn't feel like Flanagan has what it takes (although I would love to be proven wrong)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed Roger.

There has been so much talk around Flanagan - he was really hyped before the season began.

I think the reality is that he looked better in a strong Roosters team than he really is.

Roosters don't let good players go and Flanagan was really exposed in our weaker side.

It's really disappointing because the club probably thought they had the troublesome halfback problem solved (and he is a top notch goal kicker too).

But he has had numerous opportunities in first grade and failed to deliver on any occasion (other than that great cut-out pass to set up a try in our first game of the season - but it was pretty much all downhill from there).

I understand that someone could say it was hard for anyone to look good in the rabble of our 2021 team, but it just doesn't feel like Flanagan has what it takes (although I would love to be proven wrong)
It’s easy to say Flanagan looked good at the Chooks only because he had stars around him. But that would be ignoring how he got to play with them, the years of training, hard work, progressing up the ranks, just to get to that position. Being noticed by spotters and recruiters, then coaches, yes including Robinson who enticed him away from Cronulla.

It‘s equally as easy to say that he had a bad year last year because of the average players around him. I think we all know, including him more than any of us, that this year is a make or break year for his NRL career. So he has to put in the work like the rest of the team and earn a spot, no one is going to give it to him, you have to demand that you get picked by your attitude and aptitude.

The Chooks not letting good players go is a myth.

Always a Bulldog

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would be an excellent signing despite what some people think of him.
Yeah, i think people underestimate him.
A guy that consistently plays well in SOO against best of the best, obviously has qualities that differentiate him from others.

I personally feel he has been unfairly criticised since 2015 GF...

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s easy to say Flanagan looked good at the Chooks only because he had stars around him. But that would be ignoring how he got to play with them, the years of training, hard work, progressing up the ranks, just to get to that position. Being noticed by spotters and recruiters, then coaches, yes including Robinson who enticed him away from Cronulla.

It‘s equally as easy to say that he had a bad year last year because of the average players around him. I think we all know, including him more than any of us, that this year is a make or break year for his NRL career. So he has to put in the work like the rest of the team and earn a spot, no one is going to give it to him, you have to demand that you get picked by your attitude and aptitude.

Always a Bulldog
Well said on both counts.
The only thing you missed or was not clear in your post, is that some players skills suit some teams better than others.

IMO Flanagan is only good to play second fiddle with a rocks and diamonds halves partner. The minute you need HIM to create, its over. He just doesnt have the creativity to be a halves player. Link man only. He's essentially like Hodkinson with JR on the other side, but at least Hokko looked good in our setup.

Flannos poor kicking game is also a massive catalyst.

But most importantly is his inability to acknowledge and change his game within a short time frame.

He is cooked.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed Roger.

I remember us being in a few games and he kicked like shit!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only thing you missed or was not clear in your post, is that some players skills suit some teams better than others.

IMO Flanagan is only good to play second fiddle with a rocks and diamonds halves partner. The minute you need HIM to create, its over. He just doesnt have the creativity to be a halves player. Link man only. He's essentially like Hodkinson with JR on the other side, but at least Hokko looked good in our setup.

But most importantly is his inability to acknowledge and change his game within a short time frame.

He is cooked.
I agree with all of this

The other thing is if he knows this is his last chance saloon I would have thought voluntarily turning up on day one pre season would be the better option than playing golf in Byron Bay?

Avo has already starter training with the squad and he’s way ahead of Flanno

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with all of this

The other thing is if he knows this is his last chance saloon I would have thought voluntarily turning up on day one pre season would be the better option than playing golf in Byron Bay?

Flanagan might be 4th in line at this point

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

He is cooked.
I agree with all of this

There is no doubt that NRL is a big step up but Flanagan didn’t Captain the Under 18’s and Under 20’s NSW teams without showing plenty of years application and a decent skill set. Not like his 5/8 partners were all that great, Sean O’Sullivan being one example.

Cheap shot on the golf, it was a charity event for Our Watch which he is an ambassador for.

Always a Bulldog

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is no doubt that NRL is a big step up but Flanagan didn’t Captain the Under 18’s and Under 20’s NSW teams without showing plenty of years application and a decent skill set. Not like his 5/8 partners were all that great, Sean O’Sullivan being one example.

Cheap shot on the golf, it was a charity event for Our Watch which he is an ambassador for.

Always a Bulldog
Cheap shot? I was just stating a fact that’s all.

I know you think you know everything from players salaries to how the club is run and can never admit you are wrong on here et…but anybody that has played any serious level of football /sports in general will tell you if your back is against the wall and you are fighting for a spot …..rather than play golf (sponsored event or otherwise ) it would be more beneficial for your future prospects to put in the work with the team at the earliest opportunity…and yea maybe he’s working on his own but working out by yourself is different from team training ….Wakeham, Avo and BBO are already ahead of him so he has so much ground to make up

Just because I stated a fact against your personal opinion of him does not make it a ‘cheap shot’.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score

I know you think you know everything from players salaries to how the club is run and can never admit you are wrong on here et…but anybody that has played any serious level of football /sports in general will tell you if your back is against the wall and you are fighting for a spot …..rather than play golf (sponsored event or otherwise ) it would be more beneficial for your future prospects to put in the work with the team at the earliest opportunity…and yea maybe he’s working on his own but working out by yourself is different from team training ….Wakeham, Avo and BBO are already ahead of him so he has so much ground to make up

Just because I stated a fact against your personal opinion of him does not make it a ‘cheap shot’.
Well said bro. From start to finish.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, i think people underestimate him.
A guy that consistently plays well in SOO against best of the best, obviously has qualities that differentiate him from others.

I personally feel he has been unfairly criticised since 2015 GF...
Agree. Bennett is the reason they lost the 2015 GF not Hunt. Broncos were going to shit it in and then Milford changed the way he had played all year and tried to wind down the clock kicking for touch etc and not playing instinctively... Cost them the game and no doubt it was a directive from Skeletor

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

As the saying goes, Once a Bulldog....I'll let you finish it off mate lol

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Once a Bulldog....

Bringbackbaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey boys clearly twin turbo has a role with the club and the fact he always has the players backs and puts the club first, on that level alone is admirable. There's always two sides to the coin. I don't know twin turbo from a bar of soap but I always enjoy hearing his opinion. Its a refreshing change from the sledging and player shaming which tends to dominate alot of the content on here. Don't get me wrong alot of that stuff gives us the belly laugh we all need after the frustrations of recent years. But lets not lose sight that these players whether we like them or not are representing their families and friends and at the very least trying to give their best week in week out. Form is temporary but class is everlasting. Lets hope our new buys who bring the class can lift the form of those around them and every player who may be down on form and confidence can turn things around with a massive point to prove in 2022.
Bring on the fox trot, the class of matty burton and the grunt up front of Vaughn and TPJ (with Mase our 18th man :grinning:
Am predicitng a massive year for Jacko - who can finally focus on his own role rather than covering the arses of everyone else - and Thommo to bring the english fire like james graham of yesteryear.
Proud to be a bulldog

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
What I was trying to say about Rorters and Flanagan was that they weren't too worried about him leaving because they thought their other half back options were better eg Sam Walker. If Rorters had wanted to keep Flanagan, they would have