JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love it. Great news for Thommo and the club going forward hopefully TPJ can pull his finger out next year and start repaying the club on the obscene amount he’s on.

CC won’t be putting up with anyone not putting in. You only have to look at Panthers to see that.
Um Ivan's the coach at the Panthers I'd say he runs the joint

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Some more insights into Thommo's season from hell.

Looks like the head knock got him in a sweet spot right behind his ear/ base of his skull. Copping a bad knock there is terrible - that's how the Cricketer died in 2014 copping a bouncer.
No. Hughes died because a major artery was torn in the lining, not because of severe concussion.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Some more insights into Thommo's season from hell.

Looks like the head knock got him in a sweet spot right behind his ear/ base of his skull. Copping a bad knock there is terrible - that's how the Cricketer died in 2014 copping a bouncer.
The worst part is his Mum is in the UK health system where they ration care. Best wishes to your Mum Luke

Reactions: 88

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've seen some robbers getting cushy roles in corporations in my time, but this guy takes the cake.

He had a balaclava on the whole time!
Really? Can you tell me his responsibilities and his day rate? Or was he a full-time employee?

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No. Hughes died because a major artery was torn in the lining, not because of severe concussion.
I get that - what I am saying is, it is right in a similar spot from memory. That area near the base of the skull. I don’t think he was hit in the front of his neck.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Love it. Great news for Thommo and the club going forward hopefully TPJ can pull his finger out next year and start repaying the club on the obscene amount he’s on.
Don't worry about Tevita. He played the full eighty minutes for the reggies last week, and, apart from the usual Pangai stuff - hit-ups, off-loads, post-contact metres - he showed off some remarkable ball skills for such a big bloke. He threw one sublime pass to put Okunbor through for a certain try, or what would have been a certain try for anyone but Oki.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I've seen some robbers getting cushy roles in corporations in my time, but this guy takes the cake.

He had a balaclava on the whole time!
“Sounding board for Barrett” crock of shit and I would vomit if he earns anything in the vicinity of 100k

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt Gus also deny tallking to Ciraldo and next minute he was meeting with Madge followed a couple days later by the press telling everyone that we had signed Cameron. Lately the talk is Gould met with Hunt, and that we have discussed Munster etc etc.. I dont believe a word that comes out of Gus's mouth and couldnt be happier.. :tearsofjoy:
A few years ago when Gus was with Penrith, Parramatta were selling off some of their assets and were looking for interested buyers. Gus made enquiries and requested to see what was for sale, not to buy the properties but just wanted to know what the opposition club was up to.

Everything that Gus is involved in, expect a curve ball. He looks like he is going to strike with one move but actually he is planning something completely different to what anyone on the outside think they are seeing.

Gus is steps ahead of everyone else.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A few years ago when Gus was with Penrith, Parramatta were selling off some of their assets and were looking for interested buyers. Gus made enquiries and requested to see what was for sale, not to buy the properties but just wanted to know what the opposition club was up to.

Everything that Gus is involved in, expect a curve ball. He looks like he is going to strike with one move but actually he is planning something completely different to what anyone on the outside think they are seeing.

Gus is steps ahead of everyone else.
I don't think many people here, know how lucky we are having Gus in our club

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think many people here, know how lucky we are having Gus in our club
I think a few a slowly coming around but quite a few do know how lucky we are to have him.

How about him heading off early this morning on a flight to Toowoomba and then coming back to Sydney for the game tonight. We must be getting someone half decent from Queensland for him to be making a lightning trip up and back.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew Gus played for Penrith, Newtown, Bulldogs and Souths but what I didn't know was that he played most of his First Grade football with the Bulldogs.

I thought he'd played more games for Penrith but he'd only played 23 for them and Souths, 17 for Newtown and 40 games for the Bulldogs over 3 seasons and we won 2 Grand Finals in that time, he came back to coach us to premiership glory in '88.

While a different era to today Gus was still one of the better second rowers in the early '80's having played in 3 GF's, he also lost one with Newtown against the Eels in '81 but he was a ball playing forward in that he could take on the line and still get away a miracle pass on many occasions. Not as often as say Arthur Beetson but then again Arthur was in a league of his own and played both prop and second-row.

If he is to get us another Premiership within 3 years, they should erect a statue of him at Canterbury Leagues Club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I knew Gus played for Penrith, Newtown, Bulldogs and Souths but what I didn't know was that he played most of his First Grade football with the Bulldogs.

I thought he'd played more games for Penrith but he'd only played 23 for them and Souths, 17 for Newtown and 40 games for the Bulldogs over 3 seasons and we won 2 Grand Finals in that time, he came back to coach us to premiership glory in '88.

While a different era to today Gus was still one of the better second rowers in the early '80's having played in 3 GF's, he also lost one with Newtown against the Eels in '81 but he was a ball playing forward in that he could take on the line and still get away a miracle pass on many occasions. Not as often as say Arthur Beetson but then again Arthur was in a league of his own and played both prop and second-row.

If he is to get us another Premiership within 3 years, they should erect a statue of him at Canterbury Leagues Club.
Obvious he had a future after he hung up the boots. I hope he gets more hands on next year with his influence over the mental and confidence side of the game.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus was a player of international calibre, who missed out on test and SOO honours through a succession of injuries that eventually ended his career. During his Newtown days, he was selected in the second row in a hypothetical "World Thirteen", something like the all-Australian team in the AFL, in which a representative "team" gets selected but doesn't actually play anybody. My understanding, such as it is, is that places on these teams are highly sought after in the AFL, but I am not clear on whether these non-players get paid for not playing.