Official Gus on Twitter

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bizarre that RFM would go straight into first grade after having pretty much zero playing time in 2 years.
Either it's a desperate move to cover Hethro or SuperCoach wants RFM to be our Yeo.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have said a few times that it should be someone like Shaun Wane from England with assistants like Jim Dymock/Michael Ennis/James Graham/Willy Mason. Or at the very worst case Shane Flanagan purley becuase he was a succesful coach regardless of the issues and we need success. I dont believe we need a major overhaul of the current roster to start be competitive on a regular basis and with Mahoney and Kikua coming next year even more so.

Any appointment of Flanagan as coach I am sure Gould would be all over as far as where his son fits in and whats expected so I dont see it as a problem that Gould cant handle. Barrett is a handbrake on our rebuild and player development and has to go before any more damage is done.
All good mate. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. I just cant see us moving any time soon. In fact I am pretty certain of it. We sacked our last coach and if we sack Baz then thats 2 coaches sacked in less than 2 years.

Even though it may be warranted it wreaks of havoc.

In relation to Shaun Wane, there is really nothing to suggest he will be a success in the NRL so it would be another unproven coach. As for Flanno senior working with Gus, car crash waiting to happen.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Either it's a desperate move to cover Hethro or SuperCoach wants RFM to be our Yeo.
Less minutes for Jackson is a good thing but could also be to get TPJ more time in the middle. We are on struggle street right now for edge back rowers.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All good mate. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. I just cant see us moving any time soon. In fact I am pretty certain of it. We sacked our last coach and if we sack Baz then thats 2 coaches sacked in less than 2 years.

Even though it may be warranted it wreaks of havoc.

In relation to Shaun Wane, there is really nothing to suggest he will be a success in the NRL so it would be another unproven coach. As for Flanno senior working with Gus, car crash waiting to happen.
OK. not wanting to sound like a smartass but surely you are not saying lets just trust that Barrett will come good? Its not his 1st, second or even third year as a 1st grade coach, this is his 5th season and its all been rubbish and excuses. Also, since when is there a qouta on how many bad employee's you can move on? Wouldnt other potential players or staff be more concerned about a club that just sits on its hands hoping things will get better?

I didnt think initially that we would him on before years end .. but it looks like there is no other option.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. not wanting to sound like a smartass but surely you are not saying lets just trust that Barrett will come good? Its not his 1st, second or even third year as a 1st grade coach, this is his 5th season and its all been rubbish and excuses. Also, since when is there a qouta on how many bad employee's you can move on? Wouldnt other potential players or staff be more concerned about a club that just sits on its hands hoping things will get better?

I didnt think initially that we would him on before years end .. but it looks like there is no other option.
Nope. Just saying that we make the decision at the end of the year. Our cap is pretty much full next year and there are no gun players on the market anyway. So moving Baz on midway through the year achieves absolutely fuck all. Just makes us look like we punt coaches to solve all our problems.

Tell me this - when is the last time a successful club sacked their coach less than 2 years into there deal??

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nope. Just saying that we make the decision at the end of the year. Our cap is pretty much full next year and there are no gun players on the market anyway. So moving Baz on midway through the year achieves absolutely fuck all. Just makes us look like we punt coaches to solve all our problems.

Tell me this - when is the last time a successful club sacked their coach less than 2 years into there deal??
Baz will murder Mahoneys and Kikaus careers if he still is here next year.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what happens if the new coach fails?

If you get in a new coach then he has to be afforded time to build his own side.
How long are we going to give him?
Maybe his recruits and style don’t work out again.
Then what?
New coach again?

This is my biggest fear with the Dogs at the moment.
We are in a perpetual rebuild year after year.

Although I am not saying I am happy with how the Dogs have been going, how could you be?
I am starting to think that The biggest thing we need is to stop with the chopping and changing and to remain patient with Baz and Gould.

I am happy with changing the support staff if that is what it takes.

Gould has said right from the start that this is a long process. He is working on the junior pathways setup so that we hopefully see talented juniors make the step up to first grade and we find ourselves in a situation where we have a side worth more than the $10m salary cap.
We still haven’t got that part right. We are not getting the value out of the contracts we hold with players across the top 30 squad.

That’s what it’s all about and what would really change our fortunes.
The players.
I agree.... stop the chopping and changing. OK we bought a few elite players but the side is still peppered with fringe fg'ers and reggies players I say stay patient until Mahoney and Kikau get here and see what transpires.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Successful clubs don’t hire a Barrett after they have already failed. A successful club like the roosters move people on (like Flanagan and Pearce) regardless of what others think.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Successful clubs don’t hire a Barrett after they have already failed. A successful club like the roosters move people on (like Flanagan and Pearce) regardless of what others think.
Not many coaches were taking our job mate

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What the fuck is this set... No one is taking control

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer