Official Gus on Twitter

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree on the players noted.
If there was a drop off, it was from JAC and Dufty and anyone near the ball from those kicks in behind, who didn't show urgency to diffuse the situation.

Heard Dufty also copped a pasting from Gus. I suspect Gus is upset at Flanno as he elevated him back to first grade to make him marketable for a sell next year. Dufty is only on our books for this year, so he probably told him to get more involved and show urgency in defence or no more contract for you with us next season.

Gus telling the players they need to make themselves more marketable is not a bad thing for both the club and player - although at this level, they shouldn't have to be told.
Not referring to last weeks game in particular - just generally over a period of time - in the Broncos game i thought Burton JAC and Dufty were poor effort wise in second half, especially in responding to kicks.

Melbourne players do an enormous amount of work off the ball - dont have to be a tackle busting, ball playing, speedster to chase, cover the inside pass, back up, get into position, show some urgency.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everything Kent and Rothfield said on 360 was 100% correct. Gus still seen as invincible on here though. Take off your Gus goggles and realise what Gus did at training was NOT what a general manager is supposed to do.

You are fucking delusional if you think this doesn't send a bad message to the players.

Spraying flanno especially after 3 weeks ago cuddling him is just bizarre. Why not spray JMK, bloke cannot pass a ball without taking 15 seconds to do it.

fuck gus lol

Malla

Reaction score
Effort off the ball is an issue in the second half of games - Thompson, Averillo Burton TPJ seem to drop off at regular intervals
Yeah and its so obvious. Also nobody pushes up. Too much one out shit and almost always when there's a break nobody supports.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Everything Kent and Rothfield said on 360 was 100% correct. Gus still seen as invincible on here though. Take off your Gus goggles and realise what Gus did at training was NOT what a general manager is supposed to do.

You are fucking delusional if you think this doesn't send a bad message to the players.

Spraying flanno especially after 3 weeks ago cuddling him is just bizarre. Why not spray JMK, bloke cannot pass a ball without taking 15 seconds to do it.

fuck gus lol
Haahaahaa....good luck with your argument

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

fuck gus lol

I understand why you would say that. But Gus is the only hope we have at the moment to not only save our first grade performances or the team in general but to save the club in the state it’s in. If we continue to let the club be where it is now then we would be surely out of the competition in 5-10 years.

Not saying that will happen but wouldn’t be something the nrl wants to have 6/16 clubs doing so well and the rest way behind the pack.

Also it’s funny we all talk about baz or Gus doing what they are doing and I think I’m satisfied that JK hasn’t commented about what’s happened meaning they are happy with allowing Gus to have complete control at the moment with no interference which has happened since des days.

Be patient and be supportive, Gus said it’s going to take time… we are all passionate fans and should be excited that we are seeing these news happen as it signals a change at the club. If we didn’t see or hear these things happening, we would all be crying the club isn’t doing anything or telling us anything.

We employed Gus and I’m 10000% positive that we will change and see the top of the ladder soon enough

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

fuck gus lol
1651107830160.png

Always a Bulldog

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

fuck gus lol
And im sure the clowns at 360 reported everything without an agenda. How do you know that JMK was not sprayed?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said Howie, He just needs to add weight and I agree with you- 10kg would be ideal.

That's what they get the Cheese to do in Melbourne when he transitions back to lock.
You're not realising the missing key element that JMK doesn't possess, that Mann and B. Smith do, intensity!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the forward pass try ?

I was a few cans in by then
Can't say specifically, but they had several forward passes ignored, with one or two preceding tries. That said, one of our's came off a sus pass in the lead up too.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights of the Storm game. Just WOW! They just hit the line with speed and they are so bloody fit. Every single one of their players is ready and alert on each play. Grant is quick, Hughes, Paps, Munster are just always ready and backing up each other. They don’t miss a beat, they just play footy with pace. There isn’t anything too structured or fancy about their play, they just run and back up each other and have fun. Meanwhile at Belmore…..
And you know what their most important ingredient is? The great thing is, it is free and everyone can have it... it's DESIRE. Bellamy instills the desire to be as good as they can on every, single play! Sure they have some very skilful players, but without their level of desire, they'd not be outstanding.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitch is talking about Kikau. Costs 500k less than Fifita but he still overpaid massively for Kikau and I worry he'll be T-Rex 2.0 with how little effort he puts in most games. Even on a dominant team like Penrith you barely notice Kikau.
I usually agree with your takes, but this is just wildly incorrect dude. Kikau has been awesome this season.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We needed it, hopefully it works, maybe Trent doesn’t have a blow up in him. Can’t agree with 360 bar reedy, if the bulldogs had won more games than 4, Gus isn’t in there. They complained a few weeks ago that the tigers are not together now they are stoked at the way the tigers are……Trent has to be under pressure, so Gus sits back or goes in either way if we start winning even if we all say thanks Gus, Trent keeps his job. Trent builds and we are left alone. I see improvement in our attack. Not much but at least in the last 4 weeks we’ve looked like scoring or getting held up over the line. So the pace that Trent has brought is there. The thing we are missing is mongrel, I don’t see any of those forwards digging deep and putting that hit on, or a centre with a massive shot or fend that can turn the game. Or a half that goes for a good hard run and breaks the play. We are missing that dogs mongrel, most teams have that player. That’s what Trent didn’t go and buy, he bought speed and a guy that sniffs speed. The three guys that Gus got next yr should help with that. Fingers crossed it works!!