Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Chammas is an absolute joke, when has he ever got anything right Reed, Buzz etc are dicks but at least they sometimes get leaked info). It is so painful watching Chammas on shows like 360 when he is on with Gus, you can just see Gus saying mate you have no idea. Pretty sure Gus still loves the Foxx and he is too important to our marketing etc being the only out and out star we have. No way we let him go.
We have so much cap space with no one to spend it on, getting rid of JAC unless we're magically going to sign multiple marquees doesn't make sense.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Josh Addo-Carr could make a shock immediate switch from the Bulldogs to arch-rivals Parramatta if the star winger is released from Canterbury.

It comes after the Bulldogs landed Warriors forward Josh Curran for next season.

This masthead can reveal Parramatta have expressed interest in signing Addo-Carr immediately if the Bulldogs agree to release him from his contract.
Parramatta would have to release a player to make the deal happen.

Parramatta would have to release a player to make the deal happen

Addo-Carr is on the outer with some Bulldogs officials, despite a recent clear-the-air meeting with football general manager Phil Gould. The premiership-winning winger is contracted until the end of 2025, but could depart sooner if the club benefits from the move.

The Eels have highlighted a need for more speed out wide, while the Bulldogs are short of forwards after losing Tevita Pangai jnr, Luke Thompson, Corey Waddell, Franklin Pele and Fa’amanu Brown. The Bulldogs haven’t ruled out a player exchange.

Despite it being the off-season, Addo-Carr has been in the spotlight. The former Wests Tigers and Storm flanker was hit with a two-game ban, served during Australia’s opening Pacific Nations Tests – as well as a $5000 fine ($3000 suspended) for his role in a brawl during the Koori Knockout.

There was further controversy a week later when Addo-Carr uploaded an Instagram post linking the conflict in the Middle East with Indigenous land rights. After posting a photo of the Palestinian and Aboriginal flags with the caption “One struggle, one fight”, he promptly deleted it and expressed remorse for what he initially thought was a “message of respect for all people”.

This masthead revealed he was on the nose with some Canterbury powerbrokers before a meeting with Gould a fortnight ago. Gould said he wanted Addo-Carr to show more leadership as a senior player, but assured him he was wanted at Belmore.

That may change following news Parramatta would be interested should the 28-year-old become a free agent. The blue and golds’ three-quarter stocks were stretched in 2023 after Waqa Blake was relegated to reserve grade and a raft of injuries limited the options for coach Brad Arthur.

The Eels signed Manly centre Morgan Harper on a one-year deal to add depth, but Addo-Carr is viewed as the X-factor the club needs after missing out on the play-offs in 2023. Parramatta’s only other signing to date is Manly forward Kelma Tuilagi.

Addo-Carr has scored 27 tries in 38 games for a Canterbury outfit that has struggled for points in his two seasons in the blue and white. His popularity at Belmore is underscored by the sale of more than $1 million of his personal merchandise brand, which resulted in him being crowned the NRL’s entrepreneur of the year award.

The Eels and Bulldogs were contacted for comment.
What a load of shit!
Gus Is not stupid as if he would release Addo Carr because of a couple of people aren't happy with him.
He's worth more then what he does on the field.
Media Bullshit!!

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No thanks...Paulo better option.
Paulo or RCG are way better options but I'd still take Matterson over Fox.

A few reasons:
  • We need a stronger pack
  • We have better OBs coming through pathways vs forwards (e.g. Mazzone will be ready for FG and is very similar to Fox)
  • Matterson comes from a successful system and look at the blokes rig, he clearly has a good training work ethic
  • Played for Bankstown Bulls growing up
8 King
9 Mahoney
10 Curran
11 Kikau
12 Preston
13 Matto

15 Taukeiaho
16 Sutton/Knight/Patolo
17 RFM (unlikely)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
JAC for Matterson... tbh I'd take it. Fox is a gun but we need to build a stronger pack. We've got better OBs coming through the pathways than forwards.
Ryan Matterson apparently
Doesn't make much sense, Matterson is a 2nd rower/lock and we already have Preston and Kikau plus we just signed Curran.

Always a Bulldog

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doesn't make much sense, Matterson is a 2nd rower/lock and we already have Preston and Kikau plus we just signed Curran.

Always a Bulldog
Mate our bench has been absolute puss and as good as Preston is, 80 min week in week out we shouldn't just bank on. Put Curran upfront, Matto at 13 and that way we have some edge backup.

Malla

Reaction score
What a load of shit!
Gus Is not stupid as if he would release Addo Carr because of a couple of people aren't happy with him.
He's worth more then what he does on the field.
Media Bullshit!!
Getting Matto back for Josh would be an upgrade.

While Josh is great, we don't need him with the recruitment of Crichton.

What this team is lacking is forwards.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
If we didn't sign Curran I would understand the appeal of Matterson. Matterson plays second row and has been starting off the bench. We need props. Maybe Paulo? I don't want to help the Eels though...

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
My thoughts as well.

Unless he and Curran will interchange at lock?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Getting Matto back for Josh would be an upgrade.

While Josh is great, we don't need him with the recruitment of Crichton.

What this team is lacking is forwards.
I dont rate Matterson at all too inconsistent not what we need.
We need props and x factor.
Josh is our only x factor unless Crichton plays center.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fox for Hopgood? What would be your thoughts?

Hopgood had a breakout year but Fox comes with a lot more eyes on your club. Our club doesn't need more eyes. Ciro has a relationship with Hopgood too.

Malla

Reaction score
I dont rate Matterson at all too inconsistent not what we need.
We need props and x factor.
Josh is our only x factor unless Crichton plays center.
They probably banking on Xerri being an x-factor too.

JAC is on the outter though. I would be surprised if he is still here in 2024. Whether its Parra or another club that we do a swap deal with, I feel it will happen ;)

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They probably banking on Xerri being an x-factor too.

JAC is on the outter though. I would be surprised if he is still here in 2024. Whether its Parra or another club that we do a swap deal with, I feel it will happen ;)
Hoping Xerri will be a massive inclusion for us,with Fox i just cant see it happening we barely have any senior players as it is we need Fox on and off the field.

Malla

Reaction score
Hoping Xerri will be a massive inclusion for us,with Fox i just cant see it happening we barely have any senior players as it is we need Fox on and off the field.
Agree with all the above mate. Love the Fox and want him to stay at the Dogs.